• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the UK, we normally call Vacations Holidays, even though we do call many celebrations like Christmas, Easter, Halloween Holidays as well. It would make sense if that Hawaiian shirt Pikachu is a Summer thing, but then, they would've called it Vacation Pikachu instead.
yeah it would but it would also make sense to be released after the ->announcement<- of sun and moon too. however I can't seem to find a date or article and I guess it doesn't matter. the question still remains of how to tell the difference between a hint plush and a random plush.

I mean we have had many summer plushies in the past and current and past christmas ones the clothes kinda look europeanish (to me anyway) and as of now we currently have ones labeled Netherlands, London Gaurd, Liberty, and Kabuti.
I dont think plushies really have much to do with hints.

I mean we have had many summer plushies in the past and current and past christmas ones the clothes kinda look europeanish (to me anyway) and as of now we currently have ones labeled Netherlands, London Gaurd, Liberty, and Kabuti.
I dont think plushies really have much to do with hints.
Fashionwise, I do give credit to the Victorian style for this year.

The first signs of new Pokemon games are usually found via trademark filings. Our first hint of SM I recall was the filing for the trademarks, and the direct wasn't too far after.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the trademark were leaked literally the day before the Direct annoucning SM

*sigh*

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

This is how I feel right now.

Yeah March would make better timing if they wanted to avoid a news drought. And while i loved all the info we got for SM, I didn't at the same time.

Like, there's the occasional trailer announcing something new, and then there's trailer after trailer after corocoro magazine. There were only a handful of Pokemon and Alolan forms that we didn't know about. And if the games continue to only have around 80 new Pokemon, I don't think that should happen again.

I think we should get the starters, the box legends, the starters second forms, maybe the starters final forms, and then about 20-30 or so Pokemon revelaed to us early on, along with some of the mechanics and whether its gyms or trials or something new. If the games stuck to around 80 Pokemon, this would basically mean only half of the new dex was revealed, leaving us a good amount of surprises in game (or for the eventual datamine).

But that's just how I feel personally, I don't know about you all.

Edit:
Does anyone remember during the SM trailers, we got a short clip of Ribombee, and nothing else but what it looked like. I think we got similar with Rockruff too, with a backshot of it in one of the early trailers. It was so interesting to speculate what those Pokemon were. Like Ribombee we had a good idea it was going to be a Cutiefly evolution, but the Rockruff thing was so cool, because we only saw the back of it. It was so fun speculating. I would love to see more short shots of new Pokemon in the trailers so we can speculate about them, without knowing who they are or their typing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom