• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i assumed they showed so much with s/m because they wanted to be the ones to reveal and they wanted to reveal the way they wanted. Rather than allowing leakers.
That kind of paints them as having the worst security and just accepting it, though. And we still had a few pokemon that were left to be leaked by dataminers when the demo came out, so it's not like avoiding leakers was that huge of a concern worth revealing everything in trailers- we all wanted to know what Alolan Persian looked like, and that sure as heck wasn't leaked until they practically handed it to us via demo datamine (which I kinda hope we just don't get demos anymore, since that's clearly not working out well). If they were concerned about leakers, they'd be better boosting security than just beating them to the punch.

200.gif

Games either so good that I eventually drop out of college, or so bad that I focus on my studies & finish college.
I'm thinking not going to meet the super high expectations everyone has, I believe is what he means

That kind of paints them as having the worst security and just accepting it, though. And we still had a few pokemon that were left to be leaked by dataminers when the demo came out, so it's not like avoiding leakers was that huge of a concern worth revealing everything in trailers- we all wanted to know what Alolan Persian looked like, and that sure as heck wasn't leaked until they practically handed it to us via demo datamine (which I kinda hope we just don't get demos anymore, since that's clearly not working out well). If they were concerned about leakers, they'd be better boosting security than just beating them to the punch.

They do in general have one of the worst levels of security I have seen for a game developing company. Theres been a lot of stuff leaked from inhouse that never should have gotten leaked to begin with unless its done on purpose.. You dont see that with the other typical nintendo developers

They do in general have one of the worst levels of security I have seen for a game developing company. Theres been a lot of stuff leaked from inhouse that never should have gotten leaked to begin with unless its done on purpose.. You dont see that with the other typical nintendo developers
Also notable I think is that most of what has been leaked was stuff that was lined up to be shown in a trailer so... maybe if they didn't set up to reveal so much, more of their assets would be safer from leaking? Last gen I know we had the starter final evos leaked (animation sheets, probably leaked from the animation team), and screenshots from a trailer got leaked shortly before it was released (probably by whoever was in charge of putting together the trailer- big shock there). Aside from that, it's just CoroCoro scans getting out a bit early and the odd slip up like Ribombee and Mareanie... we don't get images of unreleased pokemon otherwise, do we? The Riddler was maybe the worst case, but he didn't leak designs, just hints.

We could certainly avoid the trailer leaks at least by not... putting so many pokemon in trailers.

Also notable I think is that most of what has been leaked was stuff that was lined up to be shown in a trailer so... maybe if they didn't set up to reveal so much, more of their assets would be safer from leaking? Last gen I know we had the starter final evos leaked (animation sheets, probably leaked from the animation team), and screenshots from a trailer got leaked shortly before it was released (probably by whoever was in charge of putting together the trailer- big shock there). Aside from that, it's just CoroCoro scans getting out a bit early and the odd slip up like Ribombee and Mareanie... we don't get images of unreleased pokemon otherwise, do we? The Riddler was maybe the worst case, but he didn't leak designs, just hints.

We could certainly avoid the trailer leaks at least by not... putting so many pokemon in trailers.

I think Gen 5 was the first that had leaked concept art floating around before the official release for a few mons from the anime. Gens 6 and 7 followed that pattern. You would think by now that Gamefreak would learn or tighten security lol If this was in another industry, there would be a serious investigation how private documents were getting leaked every time and contracts would be getting looked at. But these leaks honestly add to the hype, so it works in their favour by doing so. Im almost convinced Gamefreak is like Assassins Creed and these leaks are done on purpose for the free advertising.

Resetera is remarking that otter posting is around again. Does anyone have a translation for what that entails ?

I think Gen 5 was the first that had leaked concept art floating around before the official release for a few mons from the anime. Gens 6 and 7 followed that pattern. You would think by now that Gamefreak would learn or tighten security lol If this was in another industry, there would be a serious investigation how private documents were getting leaked every time and contracts would be getting looked at. But these leaks honestly add to the hype, so it works in their favour by doing so. Im almost convinced Gamefreak is like Assassins Creed and these leaks are done on purpose for the free advertising.
XD They should still restrict it so the entire game isn't spoiled before launch. I mean, I totally love leaks and if they do it intentionally, that's utterly brilliant- bravo. But maaaan we do not need up to three trailers full of pokemon in a month. Like... just slip us a few teases to spot like Rockruff and Mareanie, and a small handful of trailer reveals. We don't need nearly the whole pokedex before the games release.

XD They should still restrict it so the entire game isn't spoiled before launch. I mean, I totally love leaks and if they do it intentionally, that's utterly brilliant- bravo. But maaaan we do not need up to three trailers full of pokemon in a month. Like... just slip us a few teases to spot like Rockruff and Mareanie, and a small handful of trailer reveals. We don't need nearly the whole pokedex before the games release.

Agreed so much here. I want some mystery XD

I don't want to see all the designs at once, but some indicator how many 'mons get introduced, is always welcome to me.

The dev series starting on the 11th is said to show the artist working for a new Pokemon game. If that series won't show LGPE footage filmed months ago, then it has to be art for a new game and them showing those art pieces to us rather gives me the feeling that they're more than ready to show the audience something from gen 8. I don't think they're going to wait much longer.

I expect an announcement in about 2-3 weeks from now on. They may say something about "we're going to show you something really exciting next time" on the first dev episode and announce the games on the next one. For a new generation on a new system like the Switch, which is rumored to be "the biggest Pokemon game yet", I rather expect them to reveal the games earlier and I also expect them to release these games earlier as well in October this time.

http://i.********/vp/1546689828084.png

There is only has the leak of you and me who mentions a raccoon similar to tanuki but it can not be real is not it?

Actually, leaking content has happened with another Nintendo game. Playable Octolings were leaked long before the announcement of Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 thanks to someone finding then unused player parameters.

http://i.********/vp/1546689828084.png

There is only has the leak of you and me who mentions a raccoon similar to tanuki but it can not be real is not it?
It’s not real. It was just one of the many fakes trying to leak the 2018 game (ie LGPE)

Honestly, any leak or rumor that was made before this year isn’t worth discussing.

You and me. Yeah this has fake written all over it. Then again we all thought the leaks to LGPE were fake and we all know how that story ends.

It’s not real. It was just one of the many fakes trying to leak the 2018 game (ie LGPE)

Honestly, any leak or rumor that was made before this year isn’t worth discussing.

That makes the Crown and Scepter one more realistic. At least he used a few profanities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom