• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just to clear things up, the tower in this picture is called the Tokyo Skytree, and is found in Sumida, Tokyo Japan. Its apx. 600ish meters tall, and is renowned as the tallest tower in Japan as of 2010. Dunno why I did what I did, but I think he's just there for some sight seeing, it is a pretty popular area in Tokyo, though I still prefer Tokyo Tower as its more iconic.

Also before anyone asks, I don't think this is related to a Gen 8 tease, and as pessimistic as it sounds, I think Masuda might not tease Gen 8 if he plans to step down as director (just my hunch, please don't kill me as I have a Statistics Exam on Monday lol). Anyways Cheers!

(Also Hi, long time lurker, barely make posts, how are you all, I am fine thanks)

It's just the Tokyo Skytree. Not everything Masuda posts is a hint or even about Pokémon at all.

^ It is a very famous place in Japan (and out of it too). It's normal for him to tweet it if he's going to there.

Last edited:
If touched up a little bit, and maybe with the ears remaining brown, it could look interesting. Especially if we moved the brown fur on the mane and put it on the tail instead.

133.25.png
Uhh...that's not how shinies work, and there's no way they'd change the colour indexing of an old shiny, especially one from Kanto. Changing the colours is easily possible in any new gam, but I doubt they'd change the indexing. (Yes I know your comment is super old but I just wanted to point this out)

there's also that mystery "Pokemon A" pokeshopper mentioned a while back. According to him it's set to be revealed around the end of January. If it isn't something like lisa's eevee or spiky eared pikchu, and actually turns out being a new form/pokemon then that could put us in range for an announcement the following week or so (which would be early February). The more time passes though I do kinda feel pessimistic about it though, I'm keeping expectations low and thinking it's probably just merchandise for armored mewtwo. While he quickly tried to dispel the idea people had that eevee was getting a new evo last year, he's been pretty optimistic and all in on the idea that something related to mewtwo will be revealed within the next month or so.
Paul said that he expects the figurine to be revealed in late February. Armored Mewtwo is a distinct possibility considering Paul's refusal to speculate about what type of form it is. He does think that we'll get mainline news before the figurine is revealed, but I question that logic considering what happened with Magearna (and we don't even know that the form is that big a deal).

It would most likely be a feature you can turn on/off like any other motion controls in most modern games. I'm not worried because if I remember correctly even BOTW which implemented the Switch's motion controls were optional, especially if you are using a "normal" controller.

I'm worried because LGP/E did not let you turn them off, and LGP/E is a game developed by the same company. Beyond that, Breath of the Wild had forced gyro controls in some shrines. It didn't matter what controller you were using. So assuming that this wouldn't be forced on us doesn't seem too wise, sadly.

New "rumor" by VegetableCookin. I don't know how reliable he is(I remember that he was doing some kind of riddle in Let's Go times)but, well... at least it's something to discuss.

ALSO there is a "new revelation" from Nintenderos, a spanish website, and they say that JeuxVideo(the most important videogame website in France) had said that the games will have:
-a new 100% rpg experience
-new pokemon(obviously?)
-REDESIGNED CATCH SYSTEM
-the best graphics we've seen in a Pokemon game(we already knew this)
-late 2019 release

Here is the link if you want to see it, but it's in spanish(and the JeuxVideo tweet in french) [Rumor] Pokémon 2019 podría tener un nuevo sistema de captura, una innovadora experiencia RPG y más - Nintenderos.com - Nintendo Switch y 3DS

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/VegetableCookin/status/1081820531358224384

New "rumor" by VegetableCookin. I don't know how reliable he is(I remember that he was doing some kind of riddle in Let's Go times) but, well... at least it's something to discuss.

He did hint at Let’s Go! Albeit in an overly complex manner (I recall paying particular attention to him back then), so I think he’s earned the right to be believe in this situation, however we’ll just have to wait and see if his source is as credible as he is.

View: https://twitter.com/VegetableCookin/status/1081824484930142208

I don't know that person, and I don't know his history. But say that we will have a trailer "soon", and even say that "it was just his personal belief we would receive the reveal this upcoming week, rather than solid information" is something a bit obvious and redundant. He didn't even reveal the titles.

What kind of leaker is that? :giggle:

Last edited:
Did anyone honestly believed in the Crown/Sceptre? I thought the supporters of that "leak" (myself included) were more into the ideas behind that leak (i.e. UK region, butterfly and spider legendaries) as opposed to the veracity of the leak.

Besides, having Crown and Sceptre as the names is indeed kind of weird. If you look at the Crown Jewels, the Crown and Sceptre aren't exactly the pair. A more appropriate equal to the Sceptre is (imo) the Orb. As such, I would think that Pokemon Sceptre and Orb would be likelier names. Or Pokemon Crown and Cape?

Well considering people here started analyzing Masuda's mom's cooking as "proof" of the leak, i'd say yes, there are people who actually believe in Crown/Scepter.

Yes I posted about how I was convinced by it but it was all in the spirit of fun. Look, there's no need to be so serious about this. This is a forum, we're not trying to make an encyclopaedia. I'm not a mod yes but I feel like the naysayers need to chill a little and not be so adamant about discussing the truth only. It's fun to discuss about stuff even if it's unlikely to be true.

I personally find the Crown and Sceptre leak to be very inspiring. I just don't know how a dolphin starter would work. Gamewise probably not a big deal but the anime always portrayed aquatic Pokemon as strictly aquatic only. Given that I am partial to the water starters, I don't want the water type starter to suffer a fate worst than popplio.

Yes I posted about how I was convinced by it but it was all in the spirit of fun. Look, there's no need to be so serious about this. This is a forum, we're not trying to make an encyclopaedia. I'm not a mod yes but I feel like the naysayers need to chill a little and not be so adamant about discussing the truth only. It's fun to discuss about stuff even if it's unlikely to be true.
You're right that's it's not all that serious, but I wasn't trying to say that you shouldn't discuss leaks, just that the methods some use to prove them are a little much sometimes.

And how about the news from JeuxVideo?

ALSO there is a "new revelation" from Nintenderos, a spanish website, and they say that JeuxVideo(the most important videogame website in France) had said that the games will have:
-a new 100% rpg experience
-new pokemon(obviously?)
-REDESIGNED CATCH SYSTEM
-the best graphics we've seen in a Pokemon game(we already knew this)
-late 2019 release

Here is the link if you want to see it, but it's in spanish(and the JeuxVideo tweet in french) [Rumor] Pokémon 2019 podría tener un nuevo sistema de captura, una innovadora experiencia RPG y más - Nintenderos.com - Nintendo Switch y 3DS

I think that it's interesting to discuss about that "new 100% rpg experience" and especially the "Redesigned catch system". Do you believe that it's an improve Let's Go system or something even different? I'm thinking that it will take a few things from Let's Go but it will have new mechanics.

About the new 100% rpg I have no clue what it can be.

Hopefully its not the LGPE catch system! I don't like such motion controlled stuff. It's too tiring for me.

What does 100% RPG even mean?

I really do not want LGPE forced motion controls, what's wrong with just letting my arms rest from movement while playing the game? This is why I never played ARMS with motion controls. I'm fine with gyro aiming in Splatoon, since I don't have to make movements in which my arms become sore the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom