• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what Lanatu island is to be perfectly honestly or where the island is, for all we know the map in LGPE may mean something and it might not. All we can do is still and wait until we get a tidbit of information.

I have no idea what Lanatu island is to be perfectly honestly or where the island is, for all we know the map in LGPE may mean something and it might not. All we can do is still and wait until we get a tidbit of information.

Lanatu Island is in Hong Kong. It has a giant Buddha statue (Slowking), it has one small island that is an airport, and it seems to fit the description of Piuk's leaks. He is simply hinting that the next region could be based in Hong Kong. (even thought it has already been proven to be fake)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/cfb1460...ba88/tumblr_inline_p6syihWGTG1t6hu7h_1280.png

Last edited:
VegetableCookin is really really credible.
His riddles were really complex,but all but one or two made sense.Plus he published the answers immediately after the first leaks,he did not have the time to make stuff up.
He also predicted Gen 8 is coming 2019.
But since this is a new source,salt is due.

What about JeuxVideo?I've heard of them before,so they're not nobody,but what have they predicted before?

He can't even tell if it will be a Pokémon Direct or not. As I said, I'm don't know about his history, so I'm not sure about older informations, but this one doesn't seem any credible.

Last edited:

He can't even tell if it will be a Pokémon Direct or not. As I said, I'm don't know about his history, so I'm not sure about older informations, but this one doesn't seem any credible.

I think I recall this one having a pretty good history- and remember that it isn't him who is questionable, it's his source. He's a lot like Pixelpar in that he's not the direct source of leaks, he's just echoing what he's been told by his sources. So... yeah, this may be a bit iffy, but he seems pretty confident in this source, and I think he'd know his sources better than we do. XD

Wouldn't hold my breath for a Pokemon Direct, though.

I think I recall this one having a pretty good history- and remember that it isn't him who is questionable, it's his source. He's a lot like Pixelpar in that he's not the direct source of leaks, he's just echoing what he's been told by his sources. So... yeah, this may be a bit iffy, but he seems pretty confident in this source, and I think he'd know his sources better than we do. XD

Wouldn't hold my breath for a Pokemon Direct, though.

I see, indeed. He said on the first tweet that this source is a different anonymous one. Also, he said absolutely nothing but obvious things.

He said we will have news soon, but that aren't sure if it will be this week. He said that Crown and Scepter are not the names, but not even gave a hint of what they are. Also, doesn't even know if it will be a Pokémon Direct or not.

This source of him doesn't seem any credible to me.

I see, indeed. He said on the first tweet that this source is a different anonymous one. Also, he said absolutely nothing but obvious things.

He said we will have news soon, but that aren't sure if it will be this week. He said that Crown and Scepter are not the names, but not even gave a hint of what they are. Also, doesn't even know if it will be a Pokémon Direct or not.

This source of him doesn't seem any credible to me.
I mean, to be fair on not hinting at the names, leaking any more detail than that a trailer is coming soon could get this person into really big trouble.

And I guess for all we know, this person might be a janitor or work in the mail room and only gotten this info by picking up office chatter.

Remember, don't expect anything Pokemon main-series game related to appear in a Nintendo Direct. I see many make this mistake time and time again, then blaming Game Freak for the disappointment when a reveal in a general Direct was actually never promised.

Remember, don't expect anything Pokemon main-series game related to appear in a Nintendo Direct. I see many make this mistake time and time again, then blaming Game Freak for the disappointment when a reveal in a general Direct was actually never promised.

Aside of main first announcements, there's been a lot of Pokémon games information during regular Directs.
Stakataka and Blacephalon were revealed on September 2017 Direct, for example.

Someone actually discovered the Nintendo Direct Script on 4chan, as revealed in a Ruffledrowlit video. It's worth checking out.

No mention at all about Pokemon whatsoever.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBe4JkCiGk

Also for bonus.

Somebody on Twitter is already hard at work on a fan-game called Pokemon Sky and Sea, so that explains the mystery of pokemonsky.com

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kNddBpe7Gc

Interesting as it is, it won't be long until they have a Cease and Desist from GF, like what happened to other Pokemon fan-games in the past.

From 4chan:

Hi, I'm one of the new Pokémon games' Italian translators and I have some informations for you guys:

- The games are titled Pokémon Crown and Pokémon Scepter and they are set in UK-inspired region;
- It's a semi-openworld game, it's in between what Alola region offered in the Gen 7 and the exploration in Zelda: Breath Of the Wild;
- The legendary Pokémon are a Normal/Flying type eagle and a Ghost/Rock Knight;
- The wild Pokémon are visible in the overworld like LGPE;
- Pokémon encounters are like the older games but when you want to catch a Pokémon, they switches to a LGPE type of gameplay;
- The story mainly talks more about 3.000 year-old war mentioned in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y;
- Two new UB are introduced with codename: UB Wings and UB: Earthquake;
- A Big Ben-inspired building is the new Battlw Zone in the game;
- A character based on Queen Elizabeth II is in the game but i can't tell you yet what is her role;
- 72 new Pokémon are introduced in this generation;
- Professor Sycamore makes a cameo in these games and Looker makes a cameo in the post-game;

My thoughts: other than bold proclamations of types and number of new Pokemon , all of this is very safe. So an actual announcement will easily dispell this.

I don't see how UBs can be relevent to the story. Calling this a fake.

And how about the news from JeuxVideo?
I think that it's interesting to discuss about that "new 100% rpg experience" and especially the "Redesigned catch system". Do you believe that it's an improve Let's Go system or something even different? I'm thinking that it will take a few things from Let's Go but it will have new mechanics.

Perhaps, if there are some or many (probably some would still be hidden as part of their characteristics) Pokemon active in the overworld, that might open the door to a few different formats for catching! It might be possible to hide and wait for a Pokemon to walk /fly by, perhaps also to approach some types of Pokemon with something similar to the stealth mechanic in BotW, and maybe there will be a few new or adjusted moves similar to False Swipe but maybe in the form of field moves that are specifically designed to be beneficial for catching!!

Edit: I hadn't remembered to include this: it could be something along the lines of catching devices being fully throwable/usable in the overworld!

Last edited:
At most, they will handwave the UBs appearance in the next region, like they have done with every single legendary after their original appearance. Even Zygarde in Alola got that treatment.
Perhaps they'll even add some specially new type of Pokemon for this game. There are even hints and rumors going about that Eevee would evolve into a new type.

In the recent Pokemon anime episode with London making a cameo, Rotom-dex and some of the characters did say and hint of it being a far away region. And in Gen 7, Professor Kukui with his computer did say that he got some help from another Pokemon Professor who lives far away. So, there might be something connected.

Even if the numbers are 72, that doesn't mean that that's the entire number of Pokemon the region is going to get.

Perhaps they'll even add some specially new type of Pokemon for this game. There are even hints and rumors going about that Eevee would evolve into a new type.

In the recent Pokemon anime episode with London making a cameo, Rotom-dex and some of the characters did say and hint of it being a far away region. And in Gen 7, Professor Kukui did say that he got some help from another Pokemon Professor who lives far away from his computer. So, there might be something connected.

Even if the numbers are 72, that doesn't mean that that's the entire number of Pokemon the region is going to get.
Eevee rumors would be because it's an even numbered generation, and traditionally we have gotten new eeveelutions in even numbered gens. =/ Which I hope they don't break that, because we're all really wanting that new eeveelution.

I don't think we'll be getting any new types like Light or Sound or whatever, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom