• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eevee rumors would be because it's an even numbered generation, and traditionally we have gotten new eeveelutions in even numbered gens. =/ Which I hope they don't break that, because we're all really wanting that new eeveelution.

I don't think we'll be getting any new types like Light or Sound or whatever, though.

I'm also hoping for some new Fossil Pokemons. If the new Region is based on the UK, then I could imagine a Pokemon based on Baryonyx that would evolve into a Spinosaurus to rival Tyrunt and Tyrantrum.

ORAS were announced without a direct. Aside from that, everything pre gen 6 was announced without a direct because directs hadn't become a thing yet iirc

and yes new fossil pokemon was something I missed a lot in gen 7 so I'm really hoping we get some in gen 8. It's understandable for gen 7 I guess since hawaii is a young landmass, but still . . .

New Eeveelutions always showcase a new method of evolution... I wonder, what the next will be, if any.
Mostly because they're trying to avoid retcons. XD

I rather hope they'll ignore that and make a ghost eevee evolve in a graveyard, though. Every game has a graveyard so it would make for an easy retcon.

Has there ever been time when games were announced without a direct or anything?
Gen 1? XD I don't think there has, since Directs started being a thing... unless you count the Let's Go press conference announcement, but we got a trailer posted online shortly after.

I rather hope they'll ignore that and make a ghost eevee evolve in a graveyard, though. Every game has a graveyard so it would make for an easy retcon.
That would bring up the question why didn't Eevee evolve on burial grounds in previous games. You just HAVE to inroduce a new item, new mechanic, or just a new condition for evolution.

I think Black 2 and White 2 were announced during Pokémon Smash or whatever it was called back then

That would bring up the question why didn't Eevee evolve on burial grounds in previous games. You just HAVE to inroduce a new item, new mechanic, or just a new condition for evolution.

I think Black 2 and White 2 were announced during Pokémon Smash or whatever it was called back then

Didn't Japan have a Pokemon TV show that shows new hints and contents every Sunday?

I believe the first Pokemon mainline Pokemon game announced in a Direct was X/Y. That was still back in the early years of Nintendo Directs. GF had not utilized Directs before that point, but has since utilized them to announce both Generation VI and VII, along with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (although that was a general Pokemon Direct). So I think it's a pretty safe bet that's how they'll announce Generation VIII, too. Although I think we all thought LGP/E would be announced in a Direct, too, and that didn't happen. I still think that it being a new generation makes it a big enough deal for GF to do it through their own Direct and not something else.

That's why I said that I'd like them to ignore that issue with retconning. =P Not like we wouldn't know the answer to that question anyway and not like they haven't failed with some of the move-requirement evolutions in the past.

That's why I said that I'd like them to ignore that issue with retconning. =P Not like we wouldn't know the answer to that question anyway and not like they haven't failed with some of the move-requirement evolutions in the past.
I just like unique methods of evolution, like those for Shelmet and Karrablast, or location-based ones XD

This guy leaked LA.Noire switch
1546772677284.png

Somebody on Twitter is already hard at work on a fan-game called Pokemon Sky and Sea, so that explains the mystery of pokemonsky.com
It'll explain one of the domains, but I doubt they'd buy three domains for one game. (It's more likely the other URLs are domain squatters)
Interesting as it is, it won't be long until they have a Cease and Desist from GF, like what happened to other Pokemon fan-games in the past.
That's only happened to five or so games-plenty of fangames go on just fine without one. (Sea and Sky is a rebranding of Ethereal Gates, which has been around since 2015. Three years without a c&d sounds like a decently long time to me...)

He claimed the Pokemon game releasing in 2018 was going to be gen 8 in a Sri Lanka region.

Needless to say, he was proven fake when Let’s Go was announced.

Also, the description he made with the pictures, plus if you can add into it the calendar in LGPE, had a shocking resemblance to Hong Kong's Lantua Island, as mentioned to me by @Minya_Nouvelle, so I can't be Sri Lanka, not by a long shot.

Also, the description he made with the pictures, plus if you can add into it the calendar in LGPE, had a shocking resemblance to Hong Kong's Lantua Island, as mentioned to me by @Minya_Nouvelle, so I can't be Sri Lanka, not by a long shot.
He straight up mentioned Sri Lanka in one of his 4chan posts.

I don’t want to post it because he/she is not worth the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom