• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clone something, you just need viable tissue from the creature that you want to clone, an unfertilized egg with the DNA removed from it, and a mother to carry the pregnancy. The diary implies that they took DNA from Mew and used Mew as the mother- which would make sense as it would have the best chance of carrying it successfully.

Guys, the diary text was updated in LGPE;

“Diary: Feb. 6 We obtained a new Pokémon from Mew. “We have named this new Pokémon ‘Mewtwo.’”

Aaaah I was wondering if that had been updated to retcon the birth thing, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Thank you!

Yeah, I had to look it up in the text dump to find it. I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned more often.

Also, I think they added in confirmation that Fuji is the lab's founder:

"It’s a photo of the Cinnabar Lab’s founder—Dr. Fuji!"

It seems that it is found in the mansion.

It could mean nothing, but it could also mean that Fuji will play a role in the upcoming movie.

A new Leak has possibly surfaced. Another "Threat Hijack", where someone makes a post, and another user comments, which is how we got some leaks in the past.

Attachments

• Leak.PNG
    Leak.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 113
Now I'm curious, did they remove the reference to Guyana or that did stay?

I forgot to check that, but the answer is yes, it was removed:

“Diary: July 5 We discovered a new Pokémon deep in the jungle.”

A new Leak has possibly surfaced. Another "Threat Hijack", where someone makes a post, and another user comments, which is how we got some leaks in the past.

First thought: why would a Mastodon be part Psychic? Second thought: the pokedex entry sounds bogus. Starters aren't typically found in the wild.

The water type sounds kind of like the beta Farfetch'd evolution.

What the hell is monk hair?

EDIT: Also, it might be because I recently got Final Fantasy Explorers, but reading the word "monk" is giving me Fire/Fighting flashbacks.
Medieval Monks usually have bald heads with bits of hair around the head. I think that's what he's referring to.

I forgot to check that, but the answer is yes, it was removed:

“Diary: July 5 We discovered a new Pokémon deep in the jungle.”
Well, that retcons Guyana, alright. I wonder if the original plan for the Pokémon games was for them to take part in an alternate version of the real world. I mean, one closer to reality than what we already have.

EDIT: @Oriden, I don't think it means the first one, and I hope it's not the second one. Yikes, that would be like uniting both Incineroar lovers and haters under the same banner, one that's based on the hate of a goat with that fugly hairstyle. I don't think GF could do anything to save a design like that.

Well, that retcons Guyana, alright. I wonder if the original plan for the Pokémon games was for them to take part in an alternate version of the real world. I mean, one closer to reality than what we already have.
I do suspect that was the case, hence the real world animals featured in the anime and pokedex entries. World building has come a long way.

Well, in X and Y, in one of the restaurants, they serve you a fish that was caught in the morning. Was that the only time in which a real world animal was mentioned in a more current Pokemon game? Aside from the Pokedex off course.

OK. I'm gonna pretend this is real and dissect it.

Mastodon are mammoth species. So the based form will be a Grass elephant. However when you think elephant, you usually imagine big and bulky and physical. But it is a Psychic type so it is might be Physical Psychic like Metagross or Gallade. And since it is Psychic, it somehow, this make me think of Ganesh the Hindu God with an elephant head.

The Goat being bipedal doesn't surprise me since as I've mention somewhere in the thread that Goatman is a popular depiction. So they are not going to pass it up. What do they meant by Monk hair though? Also is it a catholic monk or a Buddhist monk?

As for the long-necked waterbird. I visualised a crane that used the reed as a martial art weapon. Whatever it is it sort of make me imagine a yin-yang and kungfu. And thus Taoism, a religion also closely related to Hinduism and Buddhism.
These are my interpretion of this one. It will probably ended up being fake though.

Well, in X and Y, in one of the restaurants, they serve you a fish that was caught in the morning. Was that the only time in which an animal was mentioned in a more current Pokemon game? Aside from the Pokedex off course.
Could've been a fish pokemon that they didn't specify what kind, too- but I think fish also tend to be ignored as being real world animals still. Fish are only food or scenery. They have no life.

Plus they almost never want to say that you're eating a pokemon, so animal meat just exists and was never a living thing, no one worry about it. Food is food and was always food. Never a cherished companion who could have fought alongside you and evolved one day. No guilty consciences here. ;P

Slowpoke tails anyone?
Yeah but apparently slowpoke tails can just fall off, so there's no murder involved.

We do have farfetch'd's pokedex entries- but in general, they seem to try to dodge the killing pokemon for food subject. XD

Edit: Oh that was only an anime entry- Gen 1 was still weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom