• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of People eating Pokémon:
B2W2/X/OR: Red- and blue-striped Basculin are very violent and always fighting. They are also remarkably tasty.
Now that you mentioned it. There is also Crabrawler which is said to have delicious pincer. But in the same situation as Slowpoke's tail where it fall off and grow back.

I'm surprised that, apart from Torchic's line, we haven't seen any Chicken Pokemon that produces eggs. I mean, you have chicks, in which will either evolve into a Hen if female and a Rooster if male. One good example is found in a video showcasing what if the UK is a Pokemon Region?

Could've been a fish pokemon that they didn't specify what kind, too- but I think fish also tend to be ignored as being real world animals still. Fish are only food or scenery. They have no life.

Plus they almost never want to say that you're eating a pokemon, so animal meat just exists and was never a living thing, no one worry about it. Food is food and was always food. Never a cherished companion who could have fought alongside you and evolved one day. No guilty consciences here. ;P
Also, the word "fishing" outright exists in universe.

From the Canalave Library: (gen 4)

"Sinnoh Folk Story 1"
Pick clean the bones of Pokémon caught in the sea or stream.
Thank them for the meals they provide, and pick their bones clean.
When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came.
The Pokémon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew.

Now I'm curious, did they remove the reference to Guyana or that did stay?

I remember that setting an interesting mood when reading it so long ago! It didn't feel out of place but it makes sense that it is removed. But, Guyana is a country about which i know very little. I am surprised to share that, via Wikipedia, we can see that there is a person there with a wonderfully coincidental name!

Prime Minister
Moses Nagamootoo

From the Canalave Library: (gen 4)

"Sinnoh Folk Story 1"
Pick clean the bones of Pokémon caught in the sea or stream.
Thank them for the meals they provide, and pick their bones clean.
When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came.
The Pokémon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew.
Maaaaan they're really dodging the "we killed it" bullet with that one, aren't they?

See guys? Fish pokemon regenerate when you eat them, it's fine. =P

Do you think those India starter are true? I heard we are getting an early announcement tomorrow for gen 8 before Nintendo Direct.

Those india starter types are actually really good. Types seem fairly typical with the patterns we've had with the last two generations. Fire Rock would be a hella good offensive typing. Been wanting that for ages on a starter.

Guys, I found this interesting rumor and I want to share it with you guys.
Here's the rumor says on 4chan:
"Have some new pokemon leaks. This won't be announced this month, but there will be a direct on January 10th. The official reveal will be in April, with a grand unveiling at E3.

>New Pokemon games are 'Explorer' and 'Adventurer'
>Slight change in NPCs locations, but more diversity in Pokemon catch locations. No Pokemon is unique to each version though.
>When entering battles your trainer throws a ball and control switches to the Pokemon.
>There is no long grass. Pokemon are in the wild.
>It's more open than previous titles. You can't climb everything like Breath of the Wild, but there are no strict roads/paths to follow. Exploration is encouraged.
>You can get NPCs to follow, maximum of two at a time. You can't control what pokemon they have, they have their own agendas.
>NPCs that you travel will have their own goals, if you don't go the way they want they'll leave, but you can travel with them as long as you like.
>Important NPCs/Trainers have diaries where they can be found and when. includes gym leaders.
>Most NPCs are rubbish. Some are better (like gym leaders) and some are vital to the story.
>There is one league, required 8 badges to enter. more than 8 gyms.
>The world scales to your level. Gyms can be in any order and there's a focus on type effectiveness over level for being successful in gyms.
>There's several loose thread throughout the game of a story, and it's about wanting to find your own path.
>Story threads are becoming a pokemon master, you setting out to search for a parent (who left on a journey when they were very young to become a pokemon master) and you wanting to unmask pokemon thiefs(= team rocket and the likes).
> there's various team rocket and beyond members in the wild. They have their own pokemon, and can capture yours directly. You'll have to hunt them down to rescue them.
>The trainer has a health bar, can defend but can't attack. Team rocket will attack you. Friendly fire to yourself is possible.
>You can only be male or female."

SOURCE:
/v/ - Have some new pokemon leaks. This won't be announc - Video Games - 4chan

I mean, version-exclusive Pokémon are the reason there are two versions in the first place. Also, the partner system sounds terrible and too much like the anime.

EDIT: I also don't buy the Trainer HP mechanic.

EDIT 2: It just sounds like a wishlist now that I finish reading it. The open world is one of the biggest red flags here. I want a more open world, but knowing JRPGs, it's pretty hard it will happen.

Yeah I don't think this rumor is real. The lack of version exclusive Pokemon is a big pointer to it being fake, but having the trainer have an actual health bar seems like it's kinda stepping away from what Pokemon is to be. It also gives the idea that it sounds pretty anime based, as the game wants you to be a Pokemon Master, a term that might have been used in the games, though I don't remember it if it has, but is most recognizable for the anime.

But, this rumor does bring up a cool point to speculate about. What if there were more than 8 gyms? I think I remember in the Kanto anime, Gary had something where he said he had 10. It's something that has been up in the air for years, and that would actually be kind of a cool idea to explore. There be multiple gyms, but you only have to complete a certain amount to enter the league, and on top of that, you could do them in any order. That would be really cool, because it would get some of those open world vibes that big games on the Switch have been pushing. Mario Odyssey with it;s hundreds and hundreds of moons, but only certain amounts being needed to get to the next world, and Breath of the Wild literally allowing you go to beat Ganon after you get off the Great Plateau, if you want.

I don't think levels would be too much of a problem to control either, after all, you can rechallenge gym leaders with higher level Pokemon. It would be cool if they had you able to challenge the gyms in any order, and the levels would adjust as you completed more and more gyms. So at 0 badges, the highest on the first gym could be 14, and then the next one you challenge, no matter it was, would be 21, or however leveling would go. The game would just recognize how many badges you had, and adjust to that.

I think the only flaw with that would be all trainers would have to adjust too, but if they wanted to put in that effort they could

This is most likely fake. They wouldn't get rid of the concept of version exclusive Pokemon.
If we didn't get any announcement from Nintendo Direct, this could means that we have to wait for the pokemon gen 8 announcement around the same time where Devective Pikachu comes out.

Guys, I found this interesting rumor and I want to share it with you guys.
Here's the rumor says on 4chan:
"Have some new pokemon leaks. This won't be announced this month, but there will be a direct on January 10th. The official reveal will be in April, with a grand unveiling at E3.

>New Pokemon games are 'Explorer' and 'Adventurer'
>Slight change in NPCs locations, but more diversity in Pokemon catch locations. No Pokemon is unique to each version though.
>When entering battles your trainer throws a ball and control switches to the Pokemon.
>There is no long grass. Pokemon are in the wild.
>It's more open than previous titles. You can't climb everything like Breath of the Wild, but there are no strict roads/paths to follow. Exploration is encouraged.
>You can get NPCs to follow, maximum of two at a time. You can't control what pokemon they have, they have their own agendas.
>NPCs that you travel will have their own goals, if you don't go the way they want they'll leave, but you can travel with them as long as you like.
>Important NPCs/Trainers have diaries where they can be found and when. includes gym leaders.
>Most NPCs are rubbish. Some are better (like gym leaders) and some are vital to the story.
>There is one league, required 8 badges to enter. more than 8 gyms.
>The world scales to your level. Gyms can be in any order and there's a focus on type effectiveness over level for being successful in gyms.
>There's several loose thread throughout the game of a story, and it's about wanting to find your own path.
>Story threads are becoming a pokemon master, you setting out to search for a parent (who left on a journey when they were very young to become a pokemon master) and you wanting to unmask pokemon thiefs(= team rocket and the likes).
> there's various team rocket and beyond members in the wild. They have their own pokemon, and can capture yours directly. You'll have to hunt them down to rescue them.
>The trainer has a health bar, can defend but can't attack. Team rocket will attack you. Friendly fire to yourself is possible.
>You can only be male or female."

Sooooo wishlisty, it's an absolute fake- also don't link to 4chan, please.

If we didn't get any announcement from Nintendo Direct, this could means that we have to wait for the pokemon gen 8 announcement around the same time where Devective Pikachu comes out.
I doubt we'll be waiting that long, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get an announcement this month either.

Fake because Adventurer and Explorer sound weird for main series names.
I mean, I don't think these leaks are real either, but Gen 6 was X and Y. Now I wasn't following speculation stuff about the games at the time, but I'm sure a lot of people found that weird at first. I mean, they are just letters at the first glance.
But, these names basically have a very very similar meaning, and not opposites or variants like previous games, so that can discredit them a lot.

I mean, version-exclusive Pokémon are the reason there are two versions in the first place. Also, the partner system sounds terrible and too much like the anime.

EDIT: I also don't buy the Trainer HP mechanic.

EDIT 2: It just sounds like a wishlist now that I finish reading it. The open world is one of the biggest red flags here. I want a more open world, but knowing JRPGs, it's pretty hard it will happen.
Pretty I don't mind the parther system being in a pokemon game,because I think it's kinda cool that your player help others' character in their own side plot and it reminds me a lot of X/Y were like that. I even think the your player have own health bar and you can fight aside with pokemon.
I heard someone has mentioned that and he/she says the battle mode will be like Xenoblade 2 that Pokemon will be like blades and your player will be the driver. I just got Xenoblade 2 from Christmas,because I heard the rumor says that the new pokemon gen 8's going to be like it and I hasn't play it yet. Because I was playing Let's Go Pikachu and Super Smash Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom