• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Adventurer... makes me nostalgic for Sonic Adventure : D

> there's various team rocket and beyond members in the wild. They have their own pokemon, and can capture yours directly. You'll have to hunt them down to rescue them.

Yeah... sure. Why is it always Team Rocket with fans? After LGPE that certainly isn't happening, and wtf is "beyond." I actually do like the fake's concept of having to track down lost or stolen Pokemon, but geez be original.

>The trainer has a health bar, can defend but can't attack. Team rocket will attack you. Friendly fire to yourself is possible.

Yeah, outside of cutscenes don't ever expect trainer on trainer violence incorporated as an actual mechanic. I wouldn't mind an extra stamina bar for the Pokemon themselves to do certain task in the wild.

>You can only be male or female."

You don't say....... Don't assume b*tch.

Meh, names are silly. Ideas were actually kinda alright (Pokemon just doing their thing in the wild would be very nice)... until Team Rocket.
@fandom
giphy.gif

>You can get NPCs to follow, maximum of two at a time. You can't control what pokemon they have, they have their own agendas.
>NPCs that you travel will have their own goals, if you don't go the way they want they'll leave, but you can travel with them as long as you like.

I like these ideas very much! They'll be a good way to guide you along the story path and the NPC leaving if you don't go where they want to go is a good way to let you explore instead as well.

This is oddly hilarious lmfao. It's like the leaker is afraid of some so called "agenda".

Yeah, outside of cutscenes don't ever expect trainer on trainer violence incorporated as an actual mechanic.

Like the "leak" said, it's not for offence. It's for defence. I think it is a cool concept that makes the game even more realistic. I'd imagine the villains to be the only one that would actually physically attack trainers.

>When entering battles your trainer throws a ball and control switches to the Pokemon.
That's...how the games already work? Or do they mean that you can only choose attacks in battle, and not switching/using items, or do they mean that PokeAI controls attacks? Neither one of those sounds like a great idea. (I can't imagine anyone saying "wow, I'm so glad I can do less in this game")
> there's various team rocket and beyond members in the wild. They have their own pokemon, and can capture yours directly. You'll have to hunt them down to rescue them.
We just beat Team Rocket for the fifth time, not counting Rainbow Rocket. A bit to take them on again, no?
Including a nonbinary option would be noteworthy, but "they didn't add this" is hardly worth risking legal action over.

Like the "leak" said, it's not for offence. It's for defence. I think it is a cool concept that makes the game even more realistic. I'd imagine the villains to be the only one that would actually physically attack trainers.
I even thought it's really cool idea that you can fight among side with your pokemons. I heard someone had mentioned something like this that the battle system will be like Xenoblade 2.

I just don't see what it adds to the games themselves. I mean, if they were planning on expanding upon what Colosseum/XD were doing where the Pokemon attacks the trainers, then I could understand a little. Rather than having Shadow moves or Hyper mode for example, it would be either under the command of evil trainers or Pokemon who didn't obey you.

I could also understand implementing a trainer health bar for those dangerous moments when encountering wild Pokemon. But simply for other trainers?? Nah. It just seems like a waste when that could be used for better options outside of "just" villains.

I just don't see what it adds to the games themselves. I mean, if they were planning on expanding upon what Colosseum/XD were doing where the Pokemon attacks the trainers, then I could understand a little. Rather than having Shadow moves or Hyper mode for example, it would be either under the command of evil trainers or Pokemon who didn't obey you.

I could also understand implementing a trainer health bar for those dangerous moments when encountering wild Pokemon. But simply for other trainers?? Nah.
This sound a lot familar with the newest Crown and Scepter leaks (the one with being giant bird and the Ghost/Rock Knight as being legendaries),because X/Y did with your character going with companions in X/Y and Bird/Knight rumor also has mentioned that you have to catch pokemon like Let Go Pikachu/Eevee style in that game,too. The Bird/Knight rumor says that gen 8 is going to be a sequel to X/Y.

Probably Giovanni has save Landsadre at the end of X/Y after what had happened to him and probably this could explain why Lynsandre was on Rainbow Rocket at the end of US/UM. Like I said, I could see him went in hiding and show up to help the player to stop Team Rocket,because Giovanni is after the Legendary 8th gen pokemons after Lynsandre had told Giovanni about them in US/UM. I think it does makes sense if LGP/E is hinting that Team Rocket is going to be back for gen 8 as main villains and biggest threat for gen 8.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1082539257137266688?s=19

Ok guys. Masuda just retweeted some picture of Capybara. Do you think it means something? Or is it all nothing as usual?

Interestingly enough, a person in the comments left this image in the comments on Masuda's retweet. Now unfortunately I haven't taken Spanish in 6 years (pretty sure that's spanish there, or something close to it), and forgotten so much of it, so I'm relying on Google translate for any possible info on it, whether it's just a fakemon or from a previous leak. I'm working on looking around to see if there's anything like it on the internet too. I don't think it's anything, but no harm in looking around

Interestingly enough, a person in the comments left this image in the comments on Masuda's retweet. Now unfortunately I haven't taken Spanish in 6 years (pretty sure that's spanish there, or something close to it), and forgotten so much of it, so I'm relying on Google translate for any possible info on it, whether it's just a fakemon or from a previous leak. I'm working on looking around to see if there's anything like it on the internet too. I don't think it's anything, but no harm in looking around

They remark that Masuda posted another Capybara photo on the 14th and think theres a connection. I cant find where it came from, reverse google search doesnt seem to bring any other people posting the image.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1082539257137266688?s=19

Ok guys. Masuda just retweeted some picture of Capybara. Do you think it means something? Or is it all nothing as usual?

Probably nothing, I found a tweet where he expressed his desire to visit the Nagasaki Bio Park and this tweet has him mention Nostalgic Memories, so he probably payed a visit at one point which may be the Tweet he made in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom