• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour.jpg
Rumour.jpg

The person who posted the screen of the Capybara starter, also posted this right next to each other. Its a old leak from 2017, so safe to debunk

Awesome, I just found that on that tweet as well and was about to post it. Yeah, says the games were 2018 games. Think it's safe to debunk it.
This was obviously made back when the Spain hype was about after spotting the crew being in Spain on their vacation.

Awesome, I just found that on that tweet as well and was about to post it. Yeah, says the games were 2018 games. Think it's safe to debunk it.

In another tweet I believe he / she mentions an artist who made a previous fake starter leak, so it feels safe to dismiss.

Also, if it is Spain, shouldn’t the Fire Type starter be a Calf?

Yeah it should be if they want the symbolic aspect happening, but they can get away with grass or other types with their mythology still if they really want to stretch it.

Last edited:
It’s unusual for how Gen 5 has 2 semi-legendary trios whilst Kalos has none? I mean, it’s like as if Gen 5 portrayed the 3 (bird/dragon and tiger) to coincide the past (Gen 1-4), and the other 3 + 1 (Three Musketeers) to coincide, or even hint of The future Gen 6, which is Kalos, France. And The Three Musketeers is a French novel. Perhaps because of Gen 5, Gen 6 didn’t have that same trio treatment.

It’s unusual for how Gen 5 has 2 semi-legendary trios whilst Kalos has none? I mean, it’s like as if Gen 5 portrayed the 3 (bird/dragon and tiger) to coincide the past (Gen 1-4), and the other 3 + 1 (Three Musketeers) to coincide, or even hint of The future Gen 6, which is Kalos, France. And The Three Musketeers is a French novel. Perhaps because of Gen 5, Gen 6 didn’t have that same trio treatment.
Maybe they just didn’t think of anything for Gen VI, or they couldn’t or they simply didn’t want to, maybe they wanted to keep the numbers down after the 156 Pokémon Gen V introduced and adding 3 more Legendaries on top of what they already planned just didn’t seem worthwhile/necessary.

Anyhow did anyone else just notice the deeper meaning to the 3 Legendaries Trios of Gen V that ties into the whole Multicultural theme of Unova?
Serperior & Swords of Justice = French
Emboar & Tao Trio = Chinese
Samurott & Forces of Nature = Japanese

Guys, I found this interesting rumor and I want to share it with you guys.
Here's the rumor says on 4chan:
"Have some new pokemon leaks. This won't be announced this month, but there will be a direct on January 10th. The official reveal will be in April, with a grand unveiling at E3.

>New Pokemon games are 'Explorer' and 'Adventurer'
>Slight change in NPCs locations, but more diversity in Pokemon catch locations. No Pokemon is unique to each version though.
>When entering battles your trainer throws a ball and control switches to the Pokemon.
>There is no long grass. Pokemon are in the wild.
>It's more open than previous titles. You can't climb everything like Breath of the Wild, but there are no strict roads/paths to follow. Exploration is encouraged.
>You can get NPCs to follow, maximum of two at a time. You can't control what pokemon they have, they have their own agendas.
>NPCs that you travel will have their own goals, if you don't go the way they want they'll leave, but you can travel with them as long as you like.
>Important NPCs/Trainers have diaries where they can be found and when. includes gym leaders.
>Most NPCs are rubbish. Some are better (like gym leaders) and some are vital to the story.
>There is one league, required 8 badges to enter. more than 8 gyms.
>The world scales to your level. Gyms can be in any order and there's a focus on type effectiveness over level for being successful in gyms.
>There's several loose thread throughout the game of a story, and it's about wanting to find your own path.
>Story threads are becoming a pokemon master, you setting out to search for a parent (who left on a journey when they were very young to become a pokemon master) and you wanting to unmask pokemon thiefs(= team rocket and the likes).
> there's various team rocket and beyond members in the wild. They have their own pokemon, and can capture yours directly. You'll have to hunt them down to rescue them.
>The trainer has a health bar, can defend but can't attack. Team rocket will attack you. Friendly fire to yourself is possible.
>You can only be male or female."

SOURCE:
/v/ - Have some new pokemon leaks. This won't be announc - Video Games - 4chan
This leak is most likely fake. Not only does it say that there are no version exclusive Pokemon, but a trainer health bar is something I don't see the franchise ever adding. It also mentions the term "Pokemon Master" (a term that has only been used in the anime, never in the games) and I think that these games will use a new villainous team instead of bringing back Team Rocket.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1082621815644663810?s=19

Jonneh from GameXplain and a moderator at Resetera suddenly tweeted this out a while ago. We suspected in the past that he might be in the know because he predicted correctly a bunch of thing from last year September direct and was VERY spots on. For him to suddenly tweet this as well as PixelPar's tweet. Could something be happening soon?

View: https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1082621815644663810?s=19

Jonneh from GameXplain and a moderator at Resetera suddenly tweeted this out a while ago. We suspected in the past that he might be in the know because he predicted correctly a bunch of thing from last year September direct and was VERY spots on. For him to suddenly tweet this as well as PixelPar's tweet. Could something be happening soon?

we'll see.

If I do have a question, I would be asking if Crown and Sceptre is it's actual name, and if Spain or the UK is the next Region?

Isn't it almost midnight in Japan? Unless Pixelplar meant Jan 9 then I don't see anything big happening today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom