• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? I think it would counter Dark Type very well.
yeah, I would see it does makes sense. I would love to see that GameFreaks makes Fairy/Light and Fairy/Light like they base them on elves or Angels and Demons. That would be wicked cool.

I personally think light type would be pretty pointless, unoriginal and boring. But that's just me.
I wouldn't be against a Light type happening, but I feel like people only keep bringing it up because of Dark, which isn't even meant to be Dark as in the absence of light but Dark as in malevolent so... they wouldn't be the pair that people think they would be. One could argue "light as in goodness, then" but Fairy and Fighting already fill that role, so there's just no point there.

So yeah, Light would be utterly pointless and redundant with what we already have.

I seem to see "goaleon" hashtaged in club pictures that have to do with glow sticks online. I kinda wonder if maybe it has something to do with lights or Neon or parties. dont know.

I still think the ledgendaries will be those gamefreak office posters in sun and moon. flying weasel cat thing and that purple giraffe thing.

Found where Goaleon came from- it was a fake leak for LGPE.

Here's the text, if anyone wants to bother reading it-

Have fun.

- been in development since 2015, project was known to the Staff as Beluga referencing the size of the game and because Junichi jokes that he loves whales too. Johto will be released as a free add on a later date. As some have probably seen a merchandise line was recently revealed last month “Let’s Go to Johto.”

-Safari Zone has several rare Pokémon including Alolan forms and a new mechanic known as ”Ultra shinies” these are exclusively limited to the safari zone.

- several characters are reimagined as new characters, for instance, Champion Ryuki is a reimagining of Lance.

- In Pikachu’s edition you’re given a Pikachu with an odd tail known as Turbo-Tail, quicker and more distraught by nature. Only this Pikachu can evolve into Gorochu. In Eevee’s edition of the game you’re given a Eevee that knows how to sing. It’s heroic and playful by nature. Only this Eevee can evolve into Goaleon. It was important to Junichi for both evolutions of the Starters to incorporate GO in their name while staying true to their inspiration.

- A select batch of Pokémon from the full Generation 8 games (still in development) will be featured in this game. But these are the first Gen 8 titles.

- You will encounter a few familiar faces but some will be version exclusive. These characters are given a complete makeover and the ones that have been with you for 2 years may not be as you remember.

- Jesse and James make a return but oppose a bigger threat than before.

See you soon!

If I was in charge of light type it would be more like a sound type where it’s related to the light we see rather than the concept of goodness. So for example Pokémon based on mirrors or rainbows or a bioluminescent Pokémon. I think it fills a different niche than the existing types, but I don’t think GF will introduce a new type anytime soon.

If I was in charge of light type it would be more like a sound type where it’s related to the light we see rather than the concept of goodness. So for example Pokémon based on mirrors or rainbows or a bioluminescent Pokémon. I think it fills a different niche than the existing types, but I don’t think GF will introduce a new type anytime soon.
I don't think we really need a sound-type either... for one, what would it logically be strong or weak against?

Plus we already have sound-based moves and their mechanic is a lot more unique than if they were type-based. Probably a lot more effective, too, since only pokemon with the Soundproof ability are immune to sound-based moves.

Guys, I has come up a theory that Town will secretly reveal to be the gen 8,but I known it's kinda sound far-fetch. I think Gamefreak will pull it in Nintendo Direct like Animal Crossing style like they did with Isabel with Super Smash Bro last year's Direct.

Do you guys still want to hear theory about Town?

Guys, I has come up a theory that Town will secretly reveal to be the gen 8,but I known it's kinda sound far-fetch. I think Gamefreak will pull it in Nintendo Direct like Animal Crossing style like they did with Isabel with Super Smash Bro last year's Direct.

Do you guys still want to hear theory about Town?
XD ...no, because that is ridiculous.

Real time battles are over-rated; there I said it. Forget time consuming, I don't see how it would ever be possible with 800+ Pokemon and growing without it becoming overly simplified like Pokemon Rumble. That game is fun as a side series, but I want the core games to remain turn based from here to the end of eternity. Turn based is fun for me.

I also liked Conquest and I hope that one day we get a sequel, but again; I don't think I would like it for the main game.
The pokemon already have walking running and jumping animatios so It wouldn't be to hard to impliment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom