• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, a leak about pokemon gen 8 had surfaced on 4chan,but it's in Japanese.
It says:
·.·´¯`·.· ポケット モンスター剣 - ポケット モンスター盾!地域は、古いロンドン、イギリスに基づいています!120 新ポケット モンスターがある! アナウンス トレーラーは、2 月 12 日になります! ·.·´¯`·.·
I used Google translation for it,it says:
The area is based on old London, England! There are 120 new pocket monsters! Announcement trailer will be on February 12!

It could be that Town has inspirations of Spain. In some shape or form.
I don't think so, because Town seems way more story-based than Pokemon is and unless that story has major spanish influence for some reason, there's really no reason to go on a trip to a foreign country for research (assuming that this suggestion is based on their reported trip to Spain). And I just don't think the scope of Town would have warranted that, unlike a Pokemon game which draws in a lot of influence from numerous sources.

Anyway, a leak had surfaced on 4chan,but it's in Japanese.
It says:
·.·´¯`·.· ポケット モンスター剣 - ポケット モンスター盾!地域は、古いロンドン、イギリスに基づいています!120 新ポケット モンスターがある! アナウンス トレーラーは、2 月 12 日になります! ·.·´¯`·.·
The area is based on old London, England! There are 120 new pocket monsters! Announcement trailer will be on February 12!
120? Way too much going by recent generations. More likely to see 70-80 new Pokemon with various new forms.

Although, I wouldn't mind to see 100 new Pokemon for Gen 8. But if they can only make 70 or 80 brilliant Pokemon rather than 100 mediocre ones, then I'd prefer the 70 or 80. Quality over quantity.

I do think town is a good indicator as to what gen 8 cities will look like. Not the characters off course, but like, the overall scale, art style, etc. Although I'd hope that gen 8 looks nicer given town is a seemingly smaller, eshop only project.

It says:
XD This is such a lazy leak, I gotta laugh.

The fact that Google translate translates it so easily probably says something.

Found this
Screenshot_20190109-155536_Chrome.jpg

Hoenn and Unova hybrid?

Sign me up, Father Arceus!

I gotta play this shit!

*spazzes out in excitement even though its probably yet another fake rumor*

I always thought Unova reminded me just a little bit of Hoenn for some weird reason. Maybe the geography? I can't put my finger on it.

The pokemon already have walking running and jumping animatios so It wouldn't be to hard to impliment

I didn't mean to imply that it would be impossible to implement at all; I meant that it would be impossible to implement and make it look good or feel good to play. It would likely end up looking and playing like Pokemon Rumble with better graphics (because they won't be Origami). On the opposite end, make it too good and you wind up with Pokken with every Pokemon (and that's a best case scenario) and I'm not really a fan of fighting games. The way many moves act and work also have to be completely redesigned. Abilities would have to be reworked. It would be such a mess. Maybe I just don't have the right reference to imagine it properly, but I just feel like it would end up really clunky and not even be what people want.

I too thought Unova was a boring region to explore. It's what made Black and White my least favorite games. And I never played B2W2 but I guess I should have because everyone says it has the best story.

I absolutely HATED black and white. Because of this I didn't play b2w2 until sometime after ORAS and I absolutely LOVED it. The changes and improvements they made to the region felt like night and day almost. I can't really explain why. I also thought the story was way better. I always strongly recommend people try b2w2 even if they hated the first games.

Edit: spelling

I didn't mean to imply that it would be impossible to implement at all; I meant that it would be impossible to implement and make it look good or feel good to play. It would likely end up looking and playing like Pokemon Rumble with better graphics (because they won't be Origami). On the opposite end, make it too good and you wind up with Pokken with every Pokemon (and that's a best case scenario) and I'm not really a fan of fighting games. They way many moves act and work also have to be completely redesigned. Abilities would have to be reworked. It would be such a mess. Maybe I just don't have the right reference to imagine it properly, but I just feel like it would end up really clunky and not even be what people want.

I absolutely HATED black and white. Because of this I didn't play b2w2 until sometime after ORAS and I absolutely LOVED it. The changes and improvements they made to the region felt like night and day almost. I can't really explain why. I also thought the story was way better. I always strongly recommend people try b2w2 even if they hated the first games.
I think real time battles could definitely be done and the models probably wouldn't look any more terrible moving in battle than they do just running around behind you. I agree that it would take a lot of work to retool all of the moves and abilities, though... but man, I would love it if they did. I get so bored of turn-based. I want something like Kingdom Hearts' battle style, to feel more involved with the action instead of "okay I slap you, now you slap me" fights...

15350296897792.gif

It says:
100% fake.
In japanese version of pokemon they don't use kanji's or japanese words in game titles anymore since gold and silver.

Yeah, it lost me at the cities being the size of Alola's islands. Like bro... those wee some big islands

Also can we not have Festival plaza, or anything like it, be a thing again? I mean i hardly used online, but that was baaad. Like, PSS was really good. Just bring something like that and we chill

Yeah, it lost me at the cities being the size of Alola's islands. Like bro... those wee some big islands

Also can we not have Festival plaza, or anything like it, be a thing again? I mean i hardly used online, but that was baaad. Like, PSS was really good. Just bring something like that and we chill
*whispers* Underground.

If we're going to interact with other people in our games, I want a large shared space like the underground in Gen 4. With probably some other features because just the Underground alone is boring.... but not as boring as running around Festival Plaza. XD Blah that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom