• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's January 11 in Japan.
And...
images

there was that too in another "leak" thread

Anyway, a leak about pokemon gen 8 had surfaced on 4chan,but it's in Japanese.
It says:
·.·´¯`·.· ポケット モンスター剣 - ポケット モンスター盾!地域は、古いロンドン、イギリスに基づいています!120 新ポケット モンスターがある! アナウンス トレーラーは、2 月 12 日になります! ·.·´¯`·.·
I used Google translation for it,it says:
The area is based on old London, England! There are 120 new pocket monsters! Announcement trailer will be on February 12!

These leaks seem more legit to me than any of the others. Real leaks wouldn't just drop a ton of legitimate info like that. They'd be more scarce, like real leaks in the past have been.

View attachment 114953 View attachment 114954

A few people in Resetera think this leak could be onto something.

This is interesting. A grass hare from the anime? Hmmm. Maybe that'll be a new Pokemon we'll see in the film or series before the new anime series launches...

For example, who would've guessed that a walrus, an animal that only lives around the arctic areas, would be the inspiriration of a Pokémon debuting in a region based on Kyuushuu (southern Japan)? Even starters don't usually have a lot of direct connection with their region. Fennec foxes, the animal the Fennekin line is based on, doesn't live in France and Hawaii is not normally a region associated with cats or professional wrestling I don't think. It's almost never as straightforward as it seems with Pokémon. Then again, speculation is speculation and we have literally nothing to go off now anyways.

It's just like how Koalas aren't found in Hawaii either.

Translation of that 4chan leak for those who care to read it; apologies if this was
translated already:

Pocket Monster Ken (Sword) and Pocket Monster Tate (Shield). Area is based on London/England.
There will be 120 new Pokemon. Announcement trailer will released on February 12th.

That honestly sounds like the most believable rumor so far. Short, sweet and to the point. Probably still fake, but February sounds closer to what I'd expect anyway. (Especially since Giga Wrecker was just basically "announced.")

Last edited:
120 Pokemon is quite unbelievable after the last two gens.
Agreed lol. But on the other hand, with this being the first new gen on Switch, maybe they'll really try and pack in as many new characters as possible. If that's the case, there may be a lot less older mons though, which I guess is okay, since the last few games have really spread the wealth around, in my opinion.

Agreed lol. But on the other hand, with this being the first new gen on Switch, maybe they'll really try and pack in as many new characters as possible. If that's the case, there may be a lot less older mons though, which I guess is okay, since the last few games have really spread the wealth around, in my opinion.
120 might be just 70-80, with the rest being either (exclusive Evolutions and types/ Megas/ UBs) Don't forget also the Pokemon that would appear later on in events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom