• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it, Mewthree doesn't make any sense unless there was some kind of third individual pokemon -- a third experiment -- which is to say, it wouldn't be a form of Mewtwo's. Considering it's a movie with Mewtwo in the title, it is safe to say any possibility of this Mewthree is debunked.

However there is a small chance of a new Mewtwo form--perhaps that dark/shadow form in Pokken?

ok so, the "Pokemon A" being revealed as a plush towards the end of the month is the same secret as the mewtwo-related mystery figure that's set to be revealed in February.

If the actual plush is set to be revealed by late january, we could probably have news next week as they would have to reveal the actual mystery before they show off merchandise pertaining to it.
Hopefully we will be getting something concrete next week before the plush is revealed. I am itching for something real to look at and think about.

If anything, can we at least get some more rumors up in here, something to analyze? Leakers where you at tho?

I'm going to go browse 4chan and other places, if I don't come back, it means I drowned.

I'm at least hoping any news reveals about it with the version names will at least include the starters so we can see them, and/or the designs for our player characters. The PCs especially would allow for a lot of speculation on the region itself. Plus I'm always excited to see the cute outfits and hats the girls usually get. (Heart Gold/Soul Silver's weird suspenders notwithstanding..)

If you think about it, Mewthree doesn't make any sense unless there was some kind of third individual pokemon -- a third experiment -- which is to say, it wouldn't be a form of Mewtwo's. Considering it's a movie with Mewtwo in the title, it is safe to say any possibility of this Mewthree is debunked.

However there is a small chance of a new Mewtwo form--perhaps that dark/shadow form in Pokken?
I don't think that Shadow Mewtwo will be in the main series. The rights to it belong to Namco Bandai, and they would have to go to them in order to use it.

I don't think that Shadow Mewtwo will be in the main series. The rights to it belong to Namco Bandai, and they would have to go to them in order to use it.

Curious but does the same apply for Primal Dialga and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for Churnsoft?

EDIT: Does Churnsoft have the rights to Primal Dialga?

I want to share this with you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1539&v=7OwqvPoeqO8

It's a video by an italian poketuber where he basically debunks crown and scepter (good analysis but not what I'm interested in right now). At the end of the video he basically makes a new (actually good) theory about next games focusing on hints found in the past games.
It's in italian so I just translated the main points:

- From James Turner twitter: "Designer and Art Director at Game Freak on the Pokémon series. I am a carbon-based biped.Designer and Art Director at Game Freak on the Pokémon series. I am a carbon-based biped."
He didn't work on Let's go games, he just designed some UBs in 7th gen, where is his work as an Art Director at Game Freak? May he be the Art Director of Gen 8?
- James Turner will appear in GF new serie on youtube.
- From Pixelpar: "Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun/Moon were originally intended for Switch". James Turner designed some UBs.
- James Turner confirmed on twitter he is the creator of the wormholes concept art: "Concept art of the Ultra Wormhole I drew for #PokémonUltraSunMoon. The design was inspired by arouras, fractured glass, and scientific depictions of black holes / wormholes. I met Stephen Hawking one time...this is my tribute to him." He is also a fan of Hawking work, which focused on the origin of universe.
- In Pewter Science Museum there's a picture (absent in the original games and past remakes of kanto) which represents "the origin of universe". The image is below, look at it and then visit this site:
Stephen Hawking And 32 Top Physicists Just Signed a Heated Letter on The Universe's Origin
- Next to the poster there's a NPC talking about Moon landing and of a desire to reach the red planet.
- Guzzlord Ultra space is the only one where there's a NPC who talks and says: "You came back to this planet [...] everyone else ran off to some distant planet". In the pokemon world there has never been mention to other planets but just to other dimensions. Guzzlord was created by James Turner.
- In Alola desert the mysterious NPC that wants to see Lunatone or Solrock disappears saying: "back to space".
- The Pokemon Company released "Mystery Files" last year about time travel and aliens.
- Generation 8 will most likely include Diamond & Pearl remakes. Those games were all about the origin of universe, time and space. They could easly follow the main games if they are based on the pokemon universe/space/planets in the same way OR/AS followed x/y infinite energy theme.
- Will we keep focusing on astronomy in gen 8?

Attachments

• Origin of universe.jpg
    Origin of universe.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I hope Orieon won't get mad at what I will say about Mewtwo.

XD Wasn't sure who Orieon was until @Icy Wind said something... yeah, I don't get mad when Mewthree is mentioned. Moreso just exasperated by it.

Agreed on that. I'm sure we won't see Shadow Mewtwo in the main series any more than we ever saw Shadow Lugia- which even had a much better design.

I want to share this with you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1539&v=7OwqvPoeqO8

It's a video by an italian poketuber where he basically debunks crown and scepter (good analysis but not what I'm interested in right now). At the end of the video he basically makes a new (actually good) theory about next games focusing on hints found in the past games.
It's in italian so I just translated the main points:

- From James Turner twitter: "Designer and Art Director at Game Freak on the Pokémon series. I am a carbon-based biped.Designer and Art Director at Game Freak on the Pokémon series. I am a carbon-based biped."
He didn't work on Let's go games, he just designed some UBs in 7th gen, where is his work as a Art Director at Game Freak? May he be the Art Director of Gen 8?
- James Turner will appear in GF new serie on youtube.
- From Pixelpar: "Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun/Moon were originally intended for Switch". James Turner designed some UBs.
- James Turner confirmed on twitter he is the creator of the wormholes concept art: "Concept art of the Ultra Wormhole I drew for #PokémonUltraSunMoon. The design was inspired by arouras, fractured glass, and scientific depictions of black holes / wormholes. I met Stephen Hawking one time...this is my tribute to him." He is also a fan of Hawking work, which focsed on the origin of universe.
- In Pewter Science Museum there's a picture (absent in the original games and past remakes of kanto) which represent "the origin of universe". The image is below, look at it and then visit this site:
Stephen Hawking And 32 Top Physicists Just Signed a Heated Letter on The Universe's Origin
- Next to the poster there's a NPC talking about Moon landing and of a desire to reach the red planet.
- Guzzlord Ultra space is the only one where there's a NPC who says: "You came back to this planet [...] everyone else ran off to some distant planet". In the pokemon world there has never been mention to other planets but just to other dimensions. Guzzlord was created by James Turner.
- In Alola desert the mysterious NPC that wants to see Lunatone or Solrock disappears saying: "back to space".
- The Pokemon Company released "Mystery Files" last year about time travel and aliens.
- Generation 8 will most likely include Diamond & Pearl remakes. Those games were all about the origin of universe, time and space. They could easly follow the main games if they are based on the pokemon universe/space/planets in the same way OR/AS followed x/y infinite energy theme.
- Will we keep focusing on astrology in gen 8?

Note: that leak about the solar system Pokemon got deleted from 4chan, and it would make more sense with this context...

I love Astronomy, so I'd be down for a major focus in the upcoming games. I'm not totally convinced though, mostly because (to me, at least) Gen 7 had a focus on a similar theme with parallel worlds (discussions about other universes often arise in astronomy) and Ultra Beasts (basically aliens). I would be ecstatic if it happened, though!

Note: that leak about the solar system Pokemon got deleted from 4chan, and it would make more sense with this context...
Also, Stephen Hawkins was British, and the discovery of Dinosaurs, the idea of evolution and the Big Bang came from British people. Charles Darwin was on the Galapagos for his research.

Not on board with the Crown and Sceptre idea, I am just on board with the UK being a region.

Assuming the next theme is involved with space, what would be the best place to base the region from?

I'm not too sure if anyone noticed or not, but Nintendo NYC posted this tweet today stating that the second hall will be closed on the 15th for a "Special Event". SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1083826629787484160

While many will come in saying "OH! It's just probably that rumored Nintendo Direct that everyone and their Mom has been talking about since January started!", I want to beg to differ, since one Nintendo YouTuber of old, NintendoFanGirl, retweeted this saying its unlikely a Nintendo Direct event, but rather an event where she didn't get a press invite to. SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoFanGirl/status/1083831138152529926

While the Pokemon fan in me wants to REALLY believe this is Pokemon related, it could be for something else, but what do you all think this could be?

I love Astronomy, so I'd be down for a major focus in the upcoming games. I'm not totally convinced though, mostly because (to me, at least) Gen 7 had a focus on a similar theme with parallel worlds (discussions about other universes often arise in astronomy) and Ultra Beasts (basically aliens). I would be ecstatic if it happened, though!
I think in the video he was talking about the origin of the pokemon universe itself as a theme, which may clearly include other planets references. Basically how the pokemon universe is made and what it looks like. If you think about it we still don't clearly know how the all multiverse thing is structured in the pokemon universe, where all these other dimensions are located in time and space.

Florida, the highest mountains, less light pollution maybe?

As a resident of Florida I highly disagree lol.

Can someone reshare the solar system leak? I think it might be relevant again.

EDIT: didnt mean for that to sound rude. I just mean Florida isnt very space-y, though I guess we have that NASA tourist thing. Keep in mind Florida is similar to Hawaii in a sense

I'm not too sure if anyone noticed or not, but Nintendo NYC posted this tweet today stating that the second hall will be closed on the 15th for a "Special Event". SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1083826629787484160

While many will come in saying "OH! It's just probably that rumored Nintendo Direct that everyone and their Mom has been talking about since January started!", I want to beg to differ, since one Nintendo YouTuber of old, NintendoFanGirl, retweeted this saying its unlikely a Nintendo Direct event, but rather an event where she didn't get a press invite to. SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoFanGirl/status/1083831138152529926

While the Pokemon fan in me wants to REALLY believe this is Pokemon related, it could be for something else, but what do you all think this could be?

Gaming INTEL was right, it was around January 10th, only to be delayed for another date.

As a resident of Florida I highly disagree lol.

Can someone reshare the solar system leak? I think it might be relevant again.
Well, Galileo did discover Gravity and stated that the Earth revolves around the sun in Italy before being dismissed by the Catholic Church in his days, then later Sir Issac Newton proved and cemented the theory and was accepted in Britain.

Well, Galileo did discover Gravity and stated that the Earth revolves around the sun in Italy before being dismissed by the Catholic Church in his days, then later Sir Issac Newton proved and cemented the theory and was accepted in Britain.
Innovation vs tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom