• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD Still making your way through the pages, huh?
Every morning is like a trek for me through the pages...

It really is some big reveal for Pokemon-in which case, why keep it a secret? Narrowing your audience, lying about what's actually going on, not even mentioning it on any Pokemon social media, or even general Nintendo social media (it's only posted by Nintendo NYC), skipping out on directs-all of that is a terrible way to make a big announcement. They'd be drawing an incredibly small crowd.
This debunks the possibility of this being a cover up.
GameFreak usually strives for most hyped-up trailers, even if it might result in a leak (remember the Alolan Starters, leaking of Alolan Raichu or the SM logos? Did they care about it? No.).
People on forum’s and reading leaks are a really small portion of the fanbase and it wouldn’t hurt them in the longer run more than intentionally sabotaging the size of the crowd.

Fitness boxing is in terms of popularity a drop in a river compared to Pokémon.

We have had previous PR meetings held in that same room in the past. It's never amounted to any real reveal or direct.

That last pokemon public PR meeting we had was with the reveal of LGPE, and that was specifically labelled as Pokemon in terms of its contents as well as the specific people who got invited, so Switch Fitness Boxing,does not amount to anything pokemon related in the slightest.

The day something actually gets revealed for this game is the day that this forum is either going to be undergoing maintenance or we will crash the site with how much we will be posting.

Oh, it slows way down every time we get an announcement of a new gen, or heck even a new game. I remember the excitement when we got the ORAS announcement.

it's just sad we really haven't got any good leaks at all.

ive been thirsting for new information!!

anyway, i hope some features from LGPE return. i liked having my box on-hand at all times, so seeing that make a return would be super amazing

it's just sad we really haven't got any good leaks at all.

ive been thirsting for new information!!

anyway, i hope some features from LGPE return. i liked having my box on-hand at all times, so seeing that make a return would be super amazing
While it is a very useful feature, I am not sure that it will return. The gameplay of LGPE, just like Go, is to simply catch as many wild pokemon as possible. So it is convenient to have the PC on hand to switch between the hundreds that you catch at once. But if we return to normal wild pokemon battling, I don't know if they'll let use keep the portable PC.

Personally I hope the Pokeball plus is still usable in some way. That thing was expensive and I would hate to have its use limited to only Pokemon go and let's go.

Pokemon Sound and Pokemon Silence?
what do you think about this names?

While I do also love having my Box on the Go with me, I can understand why that would be only something to implement for the Let's Go games.

I would hope that they also make the Pokeball Plus have some use for people who got it. I just nothing exclusive Pokemon wise. I completely understand Mew for Let's Go. But I don't want a new Mythical locked under such an expensive thing. Maybe they would bring back the option to have the capture mechanics from let's go where you could do it there. Still it would nice to have something different. Maybe if you connect it to your Switch it can give you useful items like Pokeballs or Potions, or even rare candies.

Having Pokemon in the overworld, and having Pokemon follow you, was absolutely awesome. I especially love how the follow mechanics in this game let you set the Pokemon following you to one Pokemon, not just have it automatically be at the top of your party. It's useful if you are training a Pokemon up, but you want another one to follow you. And of course if you don't like the option, you can turn it off all together.

Being able to rename Pokemon from the box. Having the Pokemon box not on you wouldn't make this as useful. But there's only one name rater in the game, and having to wait to gain access, or go back to them, is extremely tedious. I think an addition they could add to this is allow traded Pokemon to be renamed. I tend to keep names that are special on my traded Pokemon. But it sucks when the Pokemon isn't named, or worse, it's some inappropriate word or something. Like I'm an adult, I can handle it, but that doesn't mean I don't like the idea of my Pokemon being called the S word.

not sure if this is just speculation on his part, or based on insider info, but Nate was a former era mod and is known to have insider info on upcoming directs, etc.

Attachments

• BDD6045C-BA76-482E-A481-39CF9FF58247.jpeg
    BDD6045C-BA76-482E-A481-39CF9FF58247.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 151
not sure if this is just speculation on his part, or based on insider info, but Nate was a former era mod and is known to have insider info on upcoming directs, etc.

He does have that rep, has a good track record. Only thing with this is his info somewhat clashes with King Zell's and the others who mentioned about there being a nintendo and pokemon direct in jan and not saying further which was more likely.. So whoever is correct likely has the more accurate insider contacts worth listening to.

Now the issue remains which era mod is the most accurate and when will we get our next nintendo direct with all the rumoured games these insiders and mods have listed recently.

Last edited:
"Former"? Did the harrassment over the fake Grinch Leak made him quit or something?

Anyway, it's might be time to pack it up for this month I guess, since he is very respectable.

Last edited:
I just realized something...Has anyone else noticed the similarities in the colors & design between the Crown you can buy for 999,999 Pokedollars in LGPE and the Spanish Corona Tumular?

Pokémon Let’s Go Crown: Celadon Department Store's Most Expensive Item - Nintendo Insider

Regalia of Spain - Wikipedia

It could just be a coincidence, but you never know...in addition to the yellow fire trucks you mentioned turning out to be a clue, I can't help but remember the Strange Souvenir being available for purchase in XY...

As for the Big Ben skyline in Alolan Detective Laki in the anime, I'm 99.9% confident that was meant to just be a random shoutout to London's skyline. The anime has done this many times before, for example Fula City in the Power of Us was based on San Francisco, if I remember correctly there was one anime-exclusive city that was based on Dubai, a waterfall that looked nearly identical to Niagara Falls, and so on.
Yet Rotom in the anime stated the London area being a far away region, and yet I never heard nor known anyone stating that to a recognizable location in the anime before.

However for being Spain could be the perfect place for an open world experience, and not just Spain only, but Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar also. Spain was also featured in the first Diamond and Pearl film.

All the same, Mario has a similar crown in Odyssey, plus the red and gold crown is usually a common thing you find in all media and merchandises. Take the crown in the Royal Mail for example, and yet the red should be violet, whilst red with silver. So you can’t speculate with just one common item with an added price tag.

Last edited:
This might explain why many the biggest insiders in the past are now quiet.

I think it’s going to be long long time before we get any relevant news lol

Attachments

• C7FAAE68-61BA-4D78-8C63-A3F2458B6656.jpeg
    C7FAAE68-61BA-4D78-8C63-A3F2458B6656.jpeg
    536.4 KB · Views: 140
He‘s not completely correct, because the first Pokémon Direct for X and Y was in January 2013. So I think this is more his prediction.

He said "strictly speaking" about the POKEMON Direct, but that's quite ambiguous...I remember that someone reliable(I think it was King Zell but I'm not sure) that the reveal will not be like in the past years, maybe Nintendo will not make a Pokemon Direct for the announcement(yeah, don't make sense, but it may happen), who knows, but I'm still wating for at least a Nintendo Direct this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom