• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lysandre reminds me of Lord Frollo more than anything else, from his flirtsy behavior with Diantha and almost burning down France... but that's another post for another thread.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/pixelpar/status/1084932134484234242

I'm not gonna lie, out of curiosity I did some configuring with my time and Pixel's UK time and they both come out to 6:55 PM JST.

Opinion about some regions ideas I heard here and there:

-Germany as a region isn't that likely. Not because of the history, but the geographic location. Only a small coast on the north and besides that too many green forests and hills. The castles and lakes could spice the region up, but there are other countries which has more to offer landscape wise.
-Spain: Not bad and I totally can see it as a region.
-UK: Also good idea and would mean the first colder region since Sinnoh. Mythologies and legends like Loch Ness, King Arthur and Excalibur, the Knights etc. But honestly...save it up for the generation with the Gen V remakes so it can have some ties to Unova.
-Italy: Top. The roman mythology and the locations in Italy is the perfect base for a story surrounding the roman gods and could perfectly tie in with the Gen IV remakes. I really hope that one solar system leak from some days ago is true.
-Greece: Same as Italy, but without that much potential in terms of diversity in landscapes.
- Canada: Can't really see it. IMO not interesting enough for the fanbase. It's cold yes, but when I hear Canada, then I don't think off anything historical. There are better candidats for a region.
-Other US locations: No. We just had Hawaii, which is part of the US. Making another just now is IMO unlikely. Later maybe, but out of the remaining states, I only can see a glimpse of potential in Florida and the west coast, specifically California.
-Mexico: Yes and no. Location wise too repetive with deserts and mountains, but I love the potential of bringing up the Maya civilization and the temples.
-Brazil: Love the country, I like the cities and landscapes with the jungle, rivers, waterfalls, mountains etc.
-Eypt: I don't think it's going to be ever a region. Pretty much everything is desert or mountain with and less grassy terrains. Pyramids and Pharaos are cool and I can see potential story wise, but as a said, the landscapes are just so limited. Too be honest I can't see any country except for some southern countries plus Madagascar in Africa as a Pokemon region.
-India and China: Maybe. Towns, building and region are cool there, landscapes and forests combined with the typical Asian flare also.
-Australia: Maybe, but then only the east coasts plus a bit of the desert/mountain areas
I would love to have Italy, Spain or U.K. as Gen 8,but I would like to see Louisiana as being a region and I would see it will central around their city New Orleans. New Orleans have a big connection with Spain and France.

I am sorry that my reply is late,because I was busy that I was doing other stuff 2day.

That may be, but when you've cultivated a rep for posting cryptic tweets with hints in you can't then turn around and complain that people read too much into your tweets looking for hints.
He didn't really complain about people reading too much into it, he just told everyone that not everything is a hint and to chill- which at this point, is really something that needs to be said. I swear some people have lost the ability to read a post and not look for some obscure hidden meaning in it.

Gen 8 should be called Pokemon Hint and Pokemon Leak. Cause this is what people's been looking for in the last two years. Despair and Frustration would work too but I don't want to be too catastrophic

The 3rd version of that first set should be Pokemon Confirmed. The 3rd version of that second set should be Pokemon Drama, and the sequels/alternate universes of them should be Ultra-Ignorance and Ultra-Bliss. If we wanna get really catastrophic, the post-game quest for all of 'em will be titled Looker Breaks the Internet.

In all of this not-excitement; I can't help but want to make my own fake leak and post it somewhere (not 4chan) and wait and see how long it is before someone picks up on it and makes a video out of it. Is that unethical? I can't help but agree that all the fake stuff we've gotten so far is so short, lack luster and vague. I don't have high hopes for Pokemon A or for that Secret Eevee design next month. I'm beginning to doubt we will get anything in January; pokemon wise.

Edit: spelling

Oh ok

This is all like a desert. We all want and need water (gen 8 news) and but we have to wait for it to rain (a direct or event)
Be careful what you wish for or we'll get too much water.

edc10f4dae6f8c08fbd4df42df2fcc98a9f831c3_hq.jpg

In all of this not-excitement; I can't help but want to make my own fake leak and post is somewhere (not 4chan) and wait and see how long it is before someone picks up on it and makes a video out of it. Is that unethical? I can't help but agree that all the fake stuff we've gotten so far is so short, lack luster and vague. I don't have high hopes for Pokemon A or for that Secret Eevee design next month. I'm beginning to doubt we will get anything in January; pokemon wise.
I made my own fake leak once. It's fun, especially when other people take interest.

I made my own fake leak once. It's fun, especially when other people take interest.

Good to hear. I have started a rough draft, so to speak. Going through different ideas that are out of my normal realm of thinking has already been fun in its own right. I'm thinking that, for this month, our only chance is next week, so I'll wait until then at least. It might take until then to finish it.

In all of this not-excitement; I can't help but want to make my own fake leak and post it somewhere (not 4chan) and wait and see how long it is before someone picks up on it and makes a video out of it. Is that unethical? I can't help but agree that all the fake stuff we've gotten so far is so short, lack luster and vague. I don't have high hopes for Pokemon A or for that Secret Eevee design next month. I'm beginning to doubt we will get anything in January; pokemon wise.

Edit: spelling
I've been actually thinking about making a fake leak. Not sure if I'll post it anywhere. I've done similar where I just write down my hopes for a game, but I want the challenge of doing something that sounds really fun, but also sounds realistic. It's actually a good challenge for me to do as a writer.

April 9th - Black/White reveal.
February 26th - Black2/White2 reveal.
January 8th - XY reveal.
May 7th - Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire reveal.
February 26th - Sun/Moon reveal.
June 6th - Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon reveal.

April, January and February for new generation reveals. I don't see a pattern here, but it doesn't seem likely that January will be the month, at all.

I've been actually thinking about making a fake leak. Not sure if I'll post it anywhere. I've done similar where I just write down my hopes for a game, but I want the challenge of doing something that sounds really fun, but also sounds realistic. It's actually a good challenge for me to do as a writer.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really want to take it seriously and not just throw in typical wish list items and my own personal desires. I agree that it has also been a good way to flex my creative writing muscles. I don't practice as often as I should anymore.

I would love to have Italy, Spain or U.K. as Gen 8,but I would like to see Louisiana as being a region and I would see it will central around their city New Orleans. New Orleans have a big connection with Spain and France.

OMG New Orleans would be an amazing choice for a pokedestination!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom