• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I didn't want to say because it's kind of gross but tanukis are known in folklore to have enormous scrotums and this starter is supposed to evolve into a Fire/Flying hot air balloon looking thing. So I let you guys figure out how that works. It's not pretty.
That too. But I think he was refering to the fact that mythological Tanuki use a magical leaf that let them shapeshift/transform. That is why Mario gets the Tanuki suit from a leaf. So it is more sensible for them to be Grass type.

Well, I didn't want to say because it's kind of gross but tanukis are known in folklore to have enormous scrotums and this starter is supposed to evolve into a Fire/Flying hot air balloon looking thing. So I let you guys figure out how that works. It's not pretty.
I don't think that would pass through the censors, at least not without altering the design for the international version. The only time I have seen an unedited tanooki in a kids game was in Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, and I may possibly be because no one noticed it.

EDIT: A movie, but another example of tanookis getting crap past the radar: Pon Poko by Studio Ghibly. Yeah, right. Those are "pouches", not testicles. Why do you think that?

Ye lets not make me dislike zygarde any more than I already do. :p

When it comes to mythological creatures as pokemon... they gotta be very careful. Elves can get a pass because there are many different looks for elves that aren't just "pretty pointy eared white people", but Vampires and Zombies can't really work unless the pokemon is simply referencing parts of it. Arguably, Parasect's already a zombie though, so something like that could still work. Maybe a bat pokemon with vampire elements like coloration that looks like a suit or something, but a humanoid pokemon vampire would be reghhhhh.
I don't see why they would have to be careful with vampires and zombies... we have plenty of other humanoid pokemon, there shouldn't be any problem with either of them just adding to the pile.

Edit: Actually pretty funny how close we came to getting a zombie vampire in Gen 2.
DehfqBGWsAARvB5.png

Last edited:
I don't see why they would have to be careful with vampires and zombies... we have plenty of other humanoid pokemon, there shouldn't be any problem with either of them just adding to the pile.

Edit: Actually pretty funny how close we came to getting a zombie vampire in Gen 2.
DehfqBGWsAARvB5.png
*sigh* Out of all the Pokemon to cut, and they pick this one...

Oh I knew about Chinese vampire panda. He was so cute~

And I was basically only saying that a zombie or vampire pokemon needs to not look too human otherwise it'd be weird... like if they look like Mr. Mime or Jynx that's fine. Sorry if that didn't come across right!

And a pokemon blatantly using the giant testicles part of Tanuki mythology is gonna probably be the red stamp of 'YEP THIS IS FAKE' for anything leak related.

Oh I knew about Chinese vampire panda. He was so cute~

And I was basically only saying that a zombie or vampire pokemon needs to not look too human otherwise it'd be weird... like if they look like Mr. Mime or Jynx that's fine. Sorry if that didn't come across right!

And a pokemon blatantly using the giant testicles part of Tanuki mythology is gonna probably be the red stamp of 'YEP THIS IS FAKE' for anything leak related.
Oh, I don't think they need to be too careful to avoid that- they've got so much practice drawing humanoid pokemon at this point, it ought to be fine.

As long as none of them look feminine... not that I'm against girly looking pokemon. But you know.

THAT side of the fandom... last thing we need is the people who like to sexify corpses or LOL SEXY VAMPIRES joining the people tormenting the likes of Gardevoir and Lopunny.

As long as none of them look feminine... not that I'm against girly looking pokemon. But you know.

THAT side of the fandom... last thing we need is the people who like to sexify corpses or LOL SEXY VAMPIRES joining the people tormenting the likes of Gardevoir and Lopunny.
Judging by what I have seen in Google, being feminine is not a requirement for the R34 fandom. Hell, when I tried to Google Charizard, I got a R34 result in the first six results even with safe mode on. Same thing happened with Mew. It's just that Pokémon is not safe no matter what.

Judging by what I have seen in Google, being feminine is not a requirement for the R34 fandom. Hell, when I tried to Google Charizard, I got a R34 result in the first six results even with safe mode on. Same thing happened with Mew. It's just that Pokémon is not safe no matter what.
I saw on Deviant Art a sexualized White Kyurem, I didn't like the fact that a dragon whose only interest is to be whole again got that treatment. And that was accidental, because at the time I was looking for fan-made creations of the Original Dragon, I was looking under the "like this" section just to see what other version of the Original Dragon could come up.

I saw on Deviant Art a sexualized White Kyurem, I didn't like the fact that a dragon whose only interest is to be whole again got that treatment. And that was accidental, because at the time I was looking for fan-made creations of the Original Dragon, I was looking under the "like this" section just to see what other version of the Original Dragon could come up.
The worst thing is, even with Safe Mode on, and even with filters they show up. The worst thing is, they know how to exploit the loopholes that prevent those pictures from showing, or use the stupid "it's not naked, therefore it's clean" mentality.

DehfqBGWsAARvB5.png

Omg this was such a good design! I hope it comes back. I liked the shaman/druid thingy as well. That one has to come back!

I'm curious to see what starter will receive the worst initial criticism lol In Japan we've had the last three water type starters have that crown.

Found this on 4chan

">Translations are almost done.
>Region is called Wescos
>King and Queen
>Deer, Snake, and Rat are starters
>Reveal in late February"
1547610057589.png

Edit

NVM it got proven fake
http://i.********/vp/1547610281035.jpg

Found this on 4chan

">Translations are almost done.
>Region is called Wescos
>King and Queen
>Deer, Snake, and Rat are starters
>Reveal in late February"View attachment 115114
Edit

NVM it got proven fake
http://i.********/vp/1547610281035.jpg

LOL that was fast

Even freaking Ralts and Kirlia aren't safe from being turned into a fetish by internet perverts.

Gardevoir at least looks like it could theoretically consent to sex, but Ralts and its first evolved form seem way too close to young children for me to ever be comfortable with the idea of them being somebody's ... naughty pleasures.

That Wescos leak was not even remotely convincing and its hilarious how it got debunked immediately.

Last night I had a dream that the new gen had a regional variant of mudkip (pure ground) that ate soot (which is weird, but maybe it evolved into ground/fire later). There was also a variant of zigzagoon/linoone with molten lava stripes.

I think this thread is getting to me.

I know, I had a dream about a 4chan leak once.

I did dream about Necrozma, Pheromosa and Buzzwole ruining my trip to Disneyland before USUM were released... little did I know that Necrozma actually ended up being a pseudo-villain in the next games.

Can you elaborate? I'm curious about your ideas/thoughts of what they could've done.

More jungle and river routes, some routes through an active volcano or lava fields and not only second long passages like the Wela path etc.
Maybe it's because they kept Alola's islands small so it feels kinda underwhelming for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom