• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into LGPE to see if I could find anything. Found a map thing on Cinnabar Island??

Space Poster probably irrelevant since exhibit was all space but they said "walk on red planet" eventually and then they have a red planet in a poster so (?) Probably nothing again but thought it was cool.

What I think is kinda cool is the TV. Of all 3 TVs that's the only one with a poster or anything. That TV also says "it's a role playing game. But you dont have time for that!" When you interact with it. Sadly the title word green thing seems like gibberish wor behind trees which isn't any kind of a hint...

But I wanted to share because maybe it would interest some people?

Attachments

• 20190118_051007.jpg
    20190118_051007.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20190118_051112.jpg
    20190118_051112.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190118_051213.jpg
    20190118_051213.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190118_051044.jpg
    20190118_051044.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 81
I know Masuda's pictures might mean nothing, for I think the next Region is something that is slightly hinted or not shown, unlike that of Spain. But from the latest tweet of him going around a church in France (might be old, was shown in the latest Ruffoldrowlit video), I've somehow come up with a theory.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkAWYf7aTmI

What if, just like Kanto and Johto (East and West), the next region will be Southern France/Spain (North and South). Just as Kalos is based on Northern France with loose touches of the British Isles, Beneloux, Scandinavia, Germany and Switzerland. The Southern France/Spanish Region will have a Mediterranean theme with strong or loose touches of Italy, Greece and Turkey. It would also make sense with the Ancient ruins of Rome and Greece to coincide with a Sinnoh remake. The region will also conclude the 3000 year war that indicated that there was some sort of Civil War between the North (Kalos) and the southern Region, which then caused, or an unknown Legendary Pokemon caused, that mountain barrier to separate the two warring sides. In this next game, they would've completed a tunnel to link the two regions with peace.

I don't the UK will ever have a Region, either sometime before the end of the series, or never at all. There's just so much you can do with Pokemon that it's hardly likely.

I'm just writing to see what you think of it all.

I highly doubt we would get France again, especially if the only fondation for this argument is that Masada is there... especially since we discussed Masada potentially not even being the director for Gen 8...

I doubt it because we already had France really recently.

Mind you, the idea doesn't sound bad but I dont see that happening

I highly doubt we would get France again, especially if the only fondation for this argument is that Masada is there... especially since we discussed Masada potentially not even being the director for Gen 8...

I doubt it because we already had France really recently.

Mind you, the idea doesn't sound bad but I dont see that happening
Not even potentially, Masuda said LGPE were his last games as director so he can't be the director for Gen 8.

As it stands, Masuda decided to stop directing Pokemon games for good, I think this is a good thing, all due respect for the guy, but I think having someone younger directing the games should be the way to go.
As it just so happens... Masuda thinks so too. XD

I'm hoping this will mean a good change in the games going forward- Masuda's focus on mobile was not great.

Totally agree. I’ve never fully understood the argument against this to be honest.

Quantity =/= quality.

I love a lot of Unovan Pokémon, but there're also others that seem to be just fillers or even somewhat badly designed (I really really despise the monkeys' evolution. What the heck were they thinking).
That's just my opinion but stuff like Gothita or Solosis line have literal no reason to be 3 Pokémon. I love Reuniclus and to some extent Gothitelle as well, but they are just "small things that get bigger". I know they took Kanto Pokémon as inspiration, but still.

I prefer getting like 70~ new mons and/or some variants from older ones. I think XY and SM did great in this regard.

Just because Masuda is stepping down as director doesn't mean he won't have any influence on the development of the new games. Sugimori doesn't design every Pokémon anymore, but all new designs still go through him. As the original creators of Pokémon, they won't let someone steer the series in a direction that conflicts too much with their own vision. After 20 years, it seems only logical for the old guard to pass the torch to the next generation, and Masuda will still be around to help wherever needed. This way, the strain on Masuda will be reduced and there will be more freedom for fresh ideas to move the series forward into the future.

Mind-numbing easy? I actually feel they are getting harder each time with the exception of X/Y which went back to Gen III easy.

Ever since BW I feel like all the games became easier and easier, so I have to agree with him. The only challenge I ever felt since then was seriously only some SM NPC's in Poni, Necrozma in USUM and Ghetsis. There are some "challenging gyms in BW", but Gen 3 and 4 gyms and more Gen 2 gyms were all as much or more difficult.

Quantity =/= quality.

I love a lot of Unovan Pokémon, but there're also others that seem to be just fillers or even somewhat badly designed (I really really despise the monkeys' evolution. What the heck were they thinking).
That's just my opinion but stuff like Gothita or Solosis line have literal no reason to be 3 Pokémon. I love Reuniclus and to some extent Gothitelle as well, but they are just "small things that get bigger". I know they took Kanto Pokémon as inspiration, but still.

I prefer getting like 70~ new mons and/or some variants from older ones. I think XY and SM did great in this regard.

Mhm this is kind of my point though. I don’t understand the argument against an entire new Pokédex because all people ever say is ‘I didn’t like the whole Unova Dex’ - that’s not really a valid argument.

The quantity =/= quality debate can be applied to literally every regional Dex because no one likes every single Pokémon in a Pokédex. My least favourite regional Dex, for example, by far, is Sinnoh. Each to their own. But since a brand new fresh Pokédex would by its very definition contain ZERO Unova Pokémon, the ‘Unova Pokémon suck’ argument isnt really a valid one moving forward. You know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom