• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't think of what country you were going for off the top of my head, but I like the wolf and peacock legendaries. XD
The dungeons and carnival thing sounds like it could be fun.

Thanks; for the legendaries, I was loosely envisioning a sword and shield motif. I had this weird picture in my head of a wolf with a really long tail that it could harden to attack with.

Figured I'd just round up our potential news dates again, for the sake of keeping track of them...

February
March
April
  • Early April - (Tentative) Third trailer expected for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
  • April 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
May
June
July
  • July 4-7 - Japan Expo
  • July 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • July 12 - Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution premieres
August
  • August 7-11 - CoroCoro leak
  • August 16-18 - Pokemon World Championships
  • August 21-24 - Gamescom
Let me know if I'm missing anything so I can add it in! I'm gonna link it in my signature and try to keep it updated as dates get mentioned.

Last edited:
So, Pokemon's Twitter is stating facts about each Pokemon in order, one Pokemon a day, this is the seventh day, which makes this one Squirtle, tomorrow and the day after that will definitely be Wartortle and Blastoise, respectively. After Blastoise, it is a mystery if they are going for Kanto Pokemon or keep going with starter Pokemon. I say the latter is most likely given the huge focus that starter Pokemon in general are getting right now. Also, nothing for Pikachu or Eevee this time around.

So, Pokemon's Twitter is stating facts about each Pokemon in order, one Pokemon a day, this is the seventh day, which makes this one Squirtle, tomorrow and the day after that will definitely be Wartortle and Blastoise, respectively. After Blastoise, it is a mystery if they are going for Kanto Pokemon or keep going with starter Pokemon. I say the latter is most likely given the huge focus that starter Pokemon in general are getting right now. Also, nothing for Pikachu or Eevee this time around.
I think it'll be interesting once we get past Blastoise to see what direction it will take.

If they continue with the next set of starters, I wonder what images they'll use for them? Currently they're just taking screenies from LGPE, but we all know that Kanto is all that's in those games.

I think it'll be interesting once we get past Blastoise to see what direction it will take.

If they continue with the next set of starters, I wonder what images they'll use for them? Currently they're just taking screenies from LGPE, but we all know that Kanto is all that's in those games.
This 1000000000%

I hope I really like the designs of gen 8 pokemon. Gen 6 and gen 7 were like a godsend for me - my favorite regions in terms of new pokemon, right above gen 2. But it feels like I might be pushing my luck hoping for 3 gens full of favorite designs in a row.

Does anyone have some insight on how pokemon designs have changed over the years? Or how James Turner playing such an important role now may influence them?

Last edited:
Didn’t someone mention that James Turner got promoted ? Recall seeing something along those lines in one of his twitter threads.

He did a lot of work in Gen 7

Didn’t someone mention that James Turner got promoted ? Recall seeing something along those lines in one of his twitter threads.

He did a lot of work in Gen 7
I think I keep hearing that he's the art director for gen 8, but I don't want to spread anything I'm not 100% sure of.

Yeah I hope Gen 8 has some great Pokemon designs. I wouldn't mind seeing some object based Pokemon, as long as they seem pretty well designed, and they kind of fit to the region designs. Gen 7 was probably the best generation for starters, at least in my mind. Even after nearly 3 years, I still look at their whole lines, and have trouble choosing my absolute favorite. Choosing my starter was so so difficult that I had to just pick one, and stick with it when I started my first play through of Sun. So I'll try not to set the bar too high, but I admit my expectations for these starters are up there. I want that decision to be just as tough as it was the last time, if not more.

Now after seeing art of a stoat/ermine Pokemon. I want one so bad this generation. If they had a really cool typing on it, and a really cute and working design on it, I probably could put it up there with my favorite Pokemon. So that is my biggest hope for this gen Pokemon wise, that we get one. I also think it's time we see a Dolphin pokemon. Like please give me that.

Yeah I hope Gen 8 has some great Pokemon designs. I wouldn't mind seeing some object based Pokemon, as long as they seem pretty well designed, and they kind of fit to the region designs. Gen 7 was probably the best generation for starters, at least in my mind. Even after nearly 3 years, I still look at their whole lines, and have trouble choosing my absolute favorite. Choosing my starter was so so difficult that I had to just pick one, and stick with it when I started my first play through of Sun. So I'll try not to set the bar too high, but I admit my expectations for these starters are up there. I want that decision to be just as tough as it was the last time, if not more.

Now after seeing art of a stoat/ermine Pokemon. I want one so bad this generation. If they had a really cool typing on it, and a really cute and working design on it, I probably could put it up there with my favorite Pokemon. So that is my biggest hope for this gen Pokemon wise, that we get one. I also think it's time we see a Dolphin pokemon. Like please give me that.
Oh yes. Buizel and sneasel are both two of my all time favorite pokemon (and weavile). Another weasel would be awesome, especially one that changes colors in winter like an ermine.

Also agreed on the starter thing. I don't really like rowlett and I like brionne but it's a bit awkward to me - but the rest of the starter forms are really great, especially the final forms. I even went from hating incineroar to loving it.

Last edited:
Figured I'd just round up our potential news dates again, for the sake of keeping track of them...

February

March
  • March 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
April
May
June
  • June 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • June 11-13 - E3 Expo
July
August
  • August 10-15 - CoroCoro leak

Let me know if I'm missing anything so I can add it in! I'm gonna link it in my signature and try to keep it updated as dates get mentioned.

Also it draws my attention now that May is reportedly the latest that Pokemon A may be revealed and it's also the month that Detective Pikachu gets released. Coincidence...? Maybe. Probably.
Pokemon Day should be there too.

Guys I had an idea! maybe GF is waiting for this thread to be deleted or this forum to crash to announce the games! If you think about it, always this forum crashes or something like that, there are announcements, LET'S MAKE IT HAPPENS!

/s

I wonder what those three secret merch listings are that Pokeshopper mentions in the video.

Also interesting is the Chinese once again were ontop of these before the listings got deleted.

The next few months are going to be really nerve wrecking thats for sure with the three secret listings, 1 new small pokemon orientated merch and the Mewtwo related merch thing.

Last edited:

February

March
  • March 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
April
May
June
  • June 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • June 11-13 - E3 Expo
July
August
  • August 10-15 - CoroCoro leak

Also it draws my attention now that May is reportedly the latest that Pokemon A may be revealed and it's also the month that Detective Pikachu gets released. Coincidence...? Maybe. Probably.

Your dates for Corocoro are a little off, it’s usually 11-14 each month in Japan (since it releases on the 15th), except for August, which would be 7-10 (it releases around the 10th or 11th due to a holiday).

Also, any reason why you’re not including September and October?

Other than that, and the aforementioned Pokémon day, this looks right, thanks for compiling a list for us :)

Im pretty sure they will do a fact for each starter and thier evolutions because of the PokeTimes giveaway thing and the release of all the final evolution of starter plushes line.
And whoever said a couple evolutions of the bulbasaur line were released same day on Pokemon twitter, they werent.

Edit i want to mention as it may or may not mean something, the count down if counted correctly (that is, ending in march) lands in the House of Pisces. Pisces story is about Venus and Cupid's escape.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure they will do a fact for each starter and thier evolutions because of the PokeTimes giveaway thing and the release of all the final evolution of starter plushes line.
And whoever said a couple evolutions of the bulbasaur line were released same day on Pokemon twitter, they werent.

Edit i want to mention as it may or may not mean something, the count down if counted correctly (that is, ending in march) lands in the House of Pisces. Pisces story is about Venus and Cupid's escape.
Huh it must've been similar timings because my Twitter had them as the same amount of days ago at one point, weird. The ending date still ends on March 17th here in the US and potentially March 18th in Japan depending on timing. They've been all over the place in that regard, from noon to 7pm so it seems to be aimed at the US and Europe markets as most of these would be very early AM in Japan

Yeah I hope Gen 8 has some great Pokemon designs. I wouldn't mind seeing some object based Pokemon, as long as they seem pretty well designed, and they kind of fit to the region designs
I just want a Karakasa-obake Pokemon, please I need it!
6e8979d28a1a2cae22a3b5016221f0101439180771_full.jpg

Your dates for Corocoro are a little off, it’s usually 11-14 each month in Japan (since it releases on the 15th), except for August, which would be 7-10 (it releases around the 10th or 11th due to a holiday).

Also, any reason why you’re not including September and October?

Other than that, and the aforementioned Pokémon day, this looks right, thanks for compiling a list for us :)
Wasn't sure about holiday months, so I will definitely adjust August, thank you. =) No time right now, so I'll grab that later, though, as well as other things that have been mentioned.

I went with 10-15 though because they do tend to come out on the 10th at the very earliest (could also be a time zone thing) and of course 15th is the latest since that's the official release day.

I just opted to leave September and October out for now since they're so far ahead at this point. XD I don't know what else might be in those months besides more Corocoro leaks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom