• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the region(s) are still being inspired outside of Japan then the U.K. is really an obvious choice tbh. It may be a little boring or too euro-centric for some taste, but it has a lot of world history/lore to work off of.
The same could be said for a lot of places, though. I don't think anywhere is particularly obvious.

Seriously, what credibility does this guy have? So far I see that he predicted Incineroar (widely speculated) and a "round headed Mario character" like that doesn't vaguely describe most Mario characters.

He was also one of the last people on the incineroar band wagon as well long after the rest of the community accepted Vergeben's leak.

"round headed Mario character" like that doesn't vaguely describe most Mario characters.
Is...is Mario himself not round headed?
Have you seen the video? Is ready to give 500$ and all the money that the video will make if he is wrong.
What's to stop him from just making a fake account that "wins" the 500$?

Also, how come his whole video is just him speculating on what he'd like to see? If he's so confident that he's been given correct info, and he know the region's name, why is that all he knows? Speaking of which, why doesn't he give the region's name? Supposedly, he's already posting leaked information-why hold back?

I'm hoping for a region based on the Southeastern US. We could use some good publicity for once.

Yeah, this. Pretty sure his video is speculation + riling up his viewerbase.

And if it turns out to be UK, he gets 0 points for credibility. Everyone thinks it'll be UK.
Wouldn't surprise me if that were the exact reason that he thinks it'll be UK, like with Incineroar- "Oh everyone's talking about it, it's gotta be a thing, I'll post a video predicting it before it's announced."

By the way, at this point, it is safe to say that Vegetable Perap's new "source" was fake. He said the trailer was being translated into different languages. That was almost 20 days ago. It would not be common to translate a trailer (something with much little content to be translated) so far in advance.

At this point, there is no doubt that it was a fake.

That or he won't give the money up at all and just pretend that never happened.
Or that they were misunderstood with how they said it. Lmao. This seems all too familiar to a "similar incident" back in September. Hahahaha

But TBH all he has to lose by being wrong is money and credibility. I kinda believe him. We just need to see it.

I'm hoping for a region based on the Southeastern US. We could use some good publicity for once.
Why? There's nothing good to talk about. I'm from NW Florida and have been all over the SE US and see nothing that should be represented as a full Pokemon game. The south sucks and I have no problem with making that known. The south is just full of racist fucking people. There isn't a positive culture that can be represented in a Pokemon game with history and lore because the SE US has very negative roots.

Last edited:
I don't think we should let the UK thing die. This Duncan guy doesn't have a lot of credibility, and is probably just building up his viewer count. After all, we have a new Pokemon game on the horizon, which is usually where Pokemon channels get big.

But, this being said, I think there is at least a little sense in believing the next region could be based around the UK, and that's its connections to France. Gen 6 was never given an X2 and Y2 or Z or whatever. They only had X and Y, and then ORAS. There are missing holes that can be filled within Kalos, that they have been waiting to do with a UK based region. The Great Kalos War? Well, UK and France have fought a lot. The Train in Couriway Town? Where does it connect to? Well, there is the Eurostar, which is the fastest way to get from Paris to London. Now this doesn't mean I think we will be able to return to Kalos in these games, but I can see them doing UK and using this region to resolve some of the wholles that were left in Pokemon X and Y.

So I'm not saying that any and/or every leak with the UK featured in it is true, but to people who are speculating it or using in it their fake leaks at least do have some reason to.

Just something to think about. To be honest there are way more places I'd rather see a region based off of (Greece region please. I want my Greek mythology so badly). But wherever we do get, I'm sure it will be great.

Edit: To clarify, I don't really think the games are going to be based in the UK/connect to Kalos. I'm just saying I don't think we should disregard every leak that says it's based in the UK just because it's based in the UK, and that the people who do believe it at least have some sensible reasoning to it.

Last edited:
I don't think we should let the UK thing die. This Duncan guy doesn't have a lot of credibility, and is probably just building up his viewer count. After all, we have a new Pokemon game on the horizon, which is usually where Pokemon channels get big.

But, this being said, I think there is at least a little sense in believing the next region could be based around the UK, and that's its connections to France. Gen 6 was never given an X2 and Y2 or Z or whatever. They only had X and Y, and then ORAS. There are missing holes that can be filled within Kalos, that they have been waiting to do with a UK based region. The Great Kalos War? Well, UK and France have fought a lot. The Train in Couriway Town? Where does it connect to? Well, there is the Eurostar, which is the fastest way to get from Paris to London. Now this doesn't mean I think we will be able to return to Kalos in these games, but I can see them doing UK and using this region to resolve some of the wholles that were left in Pokemon X and Y.

So I'm not saying that any and/or every leak with the UK featured in it is true, but to people who are speculating it or using in it their fake leaks at least do have some reason to.

Just something to think about. To be honest there are way more places I'd rather see a region based off of (Greece region please. I want my Greek mythology so badly). But wherever we do get, I'm sure it will be great.
Why do a region with references to Kalos so far away from returning to Kalos? We're not due for a remake of X/Y for many years now.

I think that a UK-based region could have a minimal connection to Kalos, but the inevitable theories are exactly why I'd rather see something other than the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy.

Last edited:
Why do a region with references to Kalos so far away from returning to Kalos? We're not due for a remake of X/Y for many years now.

To be honest I would rather have a X2/Y2 and not Kalos being squeezed together with the new region. In fact I would like the next generation to contain first the starter pair, then DP remakes and then XY sequels. They should returning into spanning the gens to around 4 years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom