• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do a region with references to Kalos so far away from returning to Kalos? We're not due for a remake of X/Y for many years now.

That's a valid point. It has been quite a while. And those little things they left out could have been there way of trolling us into thinking they had some sort of reason, but they really didn't. Or maybe they trolled us by putting Sun and Moon in between so we would forget about it and then bring it back 6 years later and it be like "It was important all along Hahaha".

Or, and the more realistic reason if this supposed based UK region ended up being linked to Kalos, what if it was going to be a massive game that they needed a more capable console to handle. The 3DS could hardly handle Sun and Moon, and while yes they could have just waited a year to 2017 for the Switch to come out, and then have their new generation then and that be the supposed UK region that connects to Kalos, they probably wanted a game to come out in 2016, for Pokemon's 20th anniversary year. So now that they do have the more powerful console to work with, they can truly conclude the X and Y story how they want to, along with bringing us a whole new region and game and story to go with it.

Idk, it's just speculation.

I don't think it's going the be the UK thing either. I just don't think we should disregard every single leak that says it could be it just because it says the UK. And trust me, most of the leaks to have a lot of other things in them that prove they are fake. I just think that the believers at least have a little sensible reasoning to why they believe it.

Unova and Kalos have a small connection together with Parfum Palace and the old king having had the legendary dragon statues of Unova in his palace garden. That's all Kalos will ever have connection wise with another region. They also reference a modern war that Kalos had 300 years ago with other regions ontop of the war 3000 years ago, the other regions involved in the 300 year old war are never spoken of in the game however.

Just to break things up for a bit, I wanted to ask everyone's opinions on this: So its kinda obvious in a way to see that some Pokemon are based on famous cryptozoology sightings of the past, e.g. Lapras on the Loch Ness Monster (Or Champ of Lake Champlain), Snover and Abomasnow based on the abominable snowman, and a plethora of Pokemon based on aliens (Deoxys and Cleffa to name a few). What I am curious, how would everyone feel if they made a Pokemon based on the Yeti ot Bigfoot. Sure we got one based off the abominable snowman, and some can argue Oranguru fits the Bigfoot motif a bit, but what if they went full blown Bigfoot, Yeti, or Skunk Ape?
My friend made a cool concept for one. Instead of it being something say a Grass type (since they are found in forests) it can be type like Marshadow, since the Ghost typing would help make it elusive, and creepy, as well as explain in the Pokemon World why is disappears and no one finds them (similar to the Bigfoot stories we hear), and if they do keep the Pokemon in the over world like in LGPE, it could be made to be extra creepy when you go into the forest, you spot something move in the background, but only see sightings of it, and to find one, you'd have to lure it out.
So, tl;dr how would you guys feel about them making a Pokemon based on other cryptozoology creatures of myth and legend, and one being based on the infamous Yeti, Bigfoot, or Skunk Ape?

I think if they decide to do any Kalos war connections with a new region, it's gonna be when it's time for Kalos remakes- which wouldn't be now.

As for the UK leaks... blargh, it's such a bandwagon at this point, and most of them aren't very good. Most just declare whether or not the titles are Crown and Sceptre, say it's based on the UK, name three random animals the starters are based on (bonus points if the middle one is from the zodiac), and list some well-known UK landmarks that are going to be "in the game."

When have we ever had landmarks leaked for past gens...? Or hell, when has the location a region was based on ever been leaked? I know we've only had three opportunities outside of Japan thus far but... man, that's three opportunities, and with Prism Tower being such an obvious one to point out, too.

Oh, yeah. What did gen 6.5 even mean? Even my friend was on board with that. Like "6.5" just sounds like "just gen 6 but we want it to be called something cool while we speculate"
A lot of people thought we would get to explore south Kalos In a Z like game. So kind of like US/UM (introducing new Pokémon) but with more world to explore.

Then there was the Dragon village thing. People thought we would get a Dragon Eevee to run opposite Sylveon.

Crown/Scepter is just one thing. Just because it’s fake doesn’t mean Gen 8 can’t be In UK.
Yeah, but it's the one that got everyone on the UK train, so with the originator dead, there's little reason to favor it over anything else.

Mabye they'll stop at pikachu

Either that, or we may be getting a new Mew form :^)
Don't forget that Meltan and Melmetal are Kanto mons now too. The count might not stop at Mew. =)

Also nooo please no Mew form

I kinda wish we had a leaker like Puik come back so we can have some lengthy leaks to really analyse. Everything gets debunked so quickly LOL

Same. I'm dying to have a good leak to sink my teeth into right now, something long and that sounds like it could be legit. I mean, I would love actual info of the games even more, but at least a decent rumor to really look at, maybe with some art. Even if they are fake, I really love seeing what people can come up with.

I support a region that is not in the western side of the world. Egypt would be a good place like a really good desert where it has sandstorms in the morning and ice types pokemon roam the night

Or maybe a region based on Nepal that has tropics on one side and a full scale mt everest on the other side that would work as a hint to a sinnoh remake.

Russia would also be a good region to visit a full scale Tundra with ice everywhere and less forest

Singapore also a place where civilization truimphs and less environment that would be the story were the villainous group tried to bring nature back to the region for pokemon have a better place to live although singapore would be a small region

Australia would be more realistic a large savanna with endless grass then a big city along with huge pacific area thia could also bring back seasons since switch can now handle the graphics also the civilization vs nature could also play out here

Russia would be a really cool region, and I love the idea of an Egypt Region too.

I also want a better variety of types this generation being filled. I think with this lack of Pokemon, it's also starting to present an issue where types have a lack of representations in the generation. Like, the lack of steel types in gen 7 did get resolved with the legendaries and UBs (would have been nice to have a primary steel type that you can just catch in the wild that was new, only thing close was Togedemaru with the secondary steel type. But ice type did not get filled in with the legendaries Yes, there was 2 Alolan evolution lines (4 pokemon in total) with primary ice type, but there was only one new pokemon with it's ice type being in the secondary slot (Crabominable). So if they are gonnna stick to these lower numbers, they at least need to work on their variety a little for the next gen. I want me some good ice types. And some nice primary electric types to catch during the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom