• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support a region that is not in the western side of the world. Egypt would be a good place like a really good desert where it has sandstorms in the morning and ice types pokemon roam the night

Or maybe a region based on Nepal that has tropics on one side and a full scale mt everest on the other side that would work as a hint to a sinnoh remake.

Russia would also be a good region to visit a full scale Tundra with ice everywhere and less forest

Singapore also a place where civilization truimphs and less environment that would be the story were the villainous group tried to bring nature back to the region for pokemon have a better place to live although singapore would be a small region

Australia would be more realistic a large savanna with endless grass then a big city along with huge pacific area thia could also bring back seasons since switch can now handle the graphics also the civilization vs nature could also play out here

Australia honestly wouldn’t be like that as a region. That’s a common misconception that outsiders think that it’s just a long outstretch of dry land with wild animals between and little to no civilisation That’s not the case if you live in Australia. The waters are a big part of Australia.

Realistically it would be similar to Alola in city style just more stretched out. We also have all the elements present, we have very dry, very wet and very cold places here. It snows in many areas and water culture is very big.

What Australia realistically can draw from :

We also have the worlds oldest living ancient civilisation here presently.

A unique culture and belief system to draw form

Australia is home to the driest state and inhabited continent in the world.

Many animal species unique to the country

Tropical weather featuring extreme hot, wet and cold

Savana culture is only 25% of Australia’s landmass and is dedicated to this vast open nothingness home to countless animals.

Our lands are very spread out

Last edited:
Australia honestly wouldn’t be like that as a region. That’s a common misconception that outsiders think that it’s just a long outstretch of dry land with wild animals between and little to no civilisation That’s not the case if you live in Australia. The waters are a big part of Australia.

Realistically it would be similar to Alola in city style just more stretched out. We also have all the elements present, we have very dry, very wet and very cold places here. It snows in many areas and water culture is very big.

What Australia realistically can draw from :

We also have the worlds oldest living ancient civilisation here presently.

A unique culture and belief system to draw form

Australia is home to the driest state and inhabited continent in the world.

Many animal species unique to the country

Tropical weather featuring extreme hot, wet and cold

Savana culture is 25% of Australia’s landmass is dedicated to this vast open nothingness hone to countless animals.

The majority of what I know about Australia comes from a Podcast I sometimes listen to called Mysterious Universe. The hosts live in Canberra, I think. Apparently conspirators claim that because of how it was designed, the city has a closer connection to the spirit world or something. It's been a while since I've listened. Is the supernatural stuff in Canberra widely talked about? Either way, I think it would be an interesting city to have in a Pokemon game, but it might end up similar to Lumiose by the looks of it.

Last edited:
The majority of what I know about Australia comes from a Podcast I listen sometimes listen to called Mysterious Universe. The hosts live in Canberra, I think. Apparently conspirators claim that because of how it was designed, the city has a closer connection to the spirit world or something. It's been a while since I've listened. Is the supernatural stuff in Canberra widely talked about? Either way, I think it would be an interesting city to have in a Pokemon game, but it might end up similar to Lumiose by the looks of it.

The land of Australia itself is fairly spiritual with the beliefs of the Aboriginal tribes. Many places are considered sacred land. There’s many important cities and landmarks like Canberra i wonder how much Pokémon will get inspired by?

I kinda wish we had a leaker like Puik come back so we can have some lengthy leaks to really analyse. Everything gets debunked so quickly LOL
Honestly, Piuk practically debunked himself early on. He kept contradicting himself ("I don't want to give specific names, but his name is Silvan", and gave away so much personal information that it would have been easy to identify him if he actually worked as a translator. (like, he gave his employer, team, current assignment, and job history) He was just the popular leak for some reason, like +-.
Also nooo please no Mew form
(Aw, I feel like Mew kinda deserves something, its clone keeps stealing the spotlight! But it did just get a Z-Move)

Does anyone think we have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing anything in this last week of January?

Like seriously, this has been THE longest fucking month. It's mostly because I've been dying for news. But still. February is short.

Does anyone think we have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing anything in this last week of January?

Like seriously, this has been THE longest fucking month. It's mostly because I've been dying for news. But still. February is short.
I think gen VI spoiled us being announced in early January. We probably won't hear anything until possibly February (Sun and Moon were announced in February. It's also the 23rd anniversary of Red and Green) at the earliest.

To many, I have heard January is a very long month.

The chances are minimal I believe, for the end of the month at least. But they can always be spontaneous and announce that something is happening tomorrow for all we know. It's just not likely. We'll be out of January soon actually, and as you said February should be short. Idk, my gut is now saying Feburary or March, but I want something as soon as possible.

Well not that much longer until Feburary now.

But gee we don't have even the slightest hint of what's coming yet do we? It's odd, no ingame hints or credible leaks this time.

Does anyone think Gen 8 would be hinted in Gen 7 (USUM)? If so, maybe I could go searching and see if I could find any hints.

I remember during the fake leak about pallet town in the future/past, there was an NPC in USUM that spoke about wouldn't it be cool if you could access your Pokemon Box from the past/future... (if I wanted to grasp at straws, could be seen as a hint to box mechanic in LGPE)

While we know that is fake, I wonder what other small hints might be put into the lore or locations.

Can anyone remember any hints for future games hinted in their previous installments? Like did gen 4 hint gen 5 anywhere, or did gen 5 hint gen 6, etc. etc.?

If by some chance the secret Eevee design is a new Eeveelution, I'd assume we would get a reveal prior to that, but that chance is very low. It's going to be a long February too I suspect. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

BTW; Did this ever get officially debunked?:

808.png 808b.png

I know it's from a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure the original "leaker" said this was the special gift pokemon for lgpe (which was false, of course), but I don't remember for sure and I can't find the original post or anything when I reverse search.

If by some chance the secret Eevee design is a new Eeveelution, I'd assume we would get a reveal prior to that, but that chance is very low. It's going to be a long February too I suspect. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

View attachment 115254 View attachment 115255

I know it's from a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure the original "leaker" said this was the special gift pokemon for lgpe (which was false, of course), but I don't remember for sure and I can't find the original post or anything when I reverse search.
What is that, a bird?

I think that was debunked but I can't quite remember- still think it's quite a beautiful design, though.

I personally want the Gen 8 game to have nothing to do with Kalos. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this console game contains - not only in gameplay, but actually with the story and its unique region containing "lots of new Pokemon".

Having some part of Kalos involved would just feel out of place/an unnecessary extension to an already completed Pokemon game.

X and Y were released 5 years ago. If they were going to do a sequel or something along those lines, it would've happened by now. They've even tied up some of the lore already, e.g. the Zygarde forms and Z-moves that were meant to be in the supposed 'Pokemon Z' were instead present in Sun and Moon. A lot of people have moved on (especially when it was disregarded by a lot of fans - which they wouldn't want to remind). It's done.

Overall, if they brought back Kalos, it would feel like finishing a television series, with the ending having wrapped up the show nicely, but then 5 years later, another season is added. Good or bad, by that point people have moved on, because the series ended on a high note.

Last edited:

The only thing I remember is that Meltan debunked it.

If there's something I can say about Meltan now that I think about it, is how it came out of nowhere. Everybody was claiming it was a pink whale or something like that and then... we got Nutto.

I hope that when we get a new Pokémon, it will be another surprise.

EDIT: Is it me, or the new forums screwed up most avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom