• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it doesn't directly have much to do with the thread's subject.

But, maybe that's why we haven't had a Direct yet?

Did they really said it would have a surprise at the end?

It just makes it less likely that Gen 8 will be delayed into 2020.

It just makes it less likely that Gen 8 will be delayed into 2020.

Maybe they wanted to make the decision (about Metroid) first/make this announcement separately first, and then show the Nintendo Direct after?

Last edited:
My guess is that they plan to show Pokemon first, then Metroid, remember that Pokemon is powerful enough to allow a few games to be announced after it without losing traction.

I don't know why we're still talking about delays. We're well past that point.

Yeah, I think so too. I wasn't talking about delays.

My guess is that they plan to show Pokemon first, then Metroid, remember that Pokemon is powerful enough to allow a few games to be announced after it without losing traction.

The Metroid game was delayed.

What was Duncan UK's claim, exactly?

that he had sources saying the game's region would be in the UK

also if there is a nintendo direct in early feb, and the possibilities for late feb are either Fire Emblem or Pokemon, it's honestly a pretty hard call. Pokemon Day would make perfect sense, but it is a pretty safe assumption that fire emblem will be releasing much earlier in the year. If it were to come out around June give or take, I can see Fire Emblem getting a February direct. Honestly though if that happens we could easily get a pokemon direct in March. We got the first M22 trailer in January so maybe the first movie reveal will be delayed a bit too compared to previous years

The only fire emblem direct is from 2017 and that announced a bunch of stuff including echoes, heroes, warriors and the switch game.

I’m sure the new fe game for the switch will be just in a general direct.

thats a good point. i forgot that the game's already been given a trailer in a general direct too regardless

I mean, I don't hate the idea of being able to cuddle and play with your Pokémon during the game at all. I just think that it makes for really lame post-game content. If that's one of the only things left to do in the game, you basically just own a virtual pet simulator.

Ahh that's fair, it probably shouldn't be the only thing we have left to do when the game is done (see the rest of my last post for some of my ideas) but it definitely keeps me coming back.

The UK flag is in the Hawaii flag. (Just a random thing I remember someone mentioning).

Also leaks involving the UK have gone on long before Crown/Scepter. Remember that odd Reginos region leak? That was during Sun/Moons Leak season XD

The UK flag is in the Hawaii flag. (Just a random thing I remember someone mentioning).

Also leaks involving the UK have gone on long before Crown/Scepter. Remember that odd Reginos region leak? That was during Sun/Moons Leak season XD
Aaaaha- I don't remember the Reginos leak, but did anyone else notice how Duncan stumbled and noted that he almost spoiled his reveal? Where he stumbled, he didn't almost say "UK," he said "reg-".

Wish I could rewatch it right now for his exact words, but I found it odd and now I find it highly questionable.

Aaaaha- I don't remember the Reginos leak, but did anyone else notice how Duncan stumbled and noted that he almost spoiled his reveal? Where he stumbled, he didn't almost say "UK," he said "reg-".

Wish I could rewatch it right now for his exact words, but I found it odd and now I find it highly questionable.

i just rewatched it to see what you were talking about and it just seems like he almost accidentally said "UK" but quickly corrected himself and said "region" . The "reg" was probably just him fumbling the word

I just want to say one obvious thing: Pokemon will not be delayed this year. The game is pretty much done and according to some rumors it should be quite good but the main reason is that Pokemon is what the Switch relies on in 2019.
Yeah. With Metroid Prime 4 delayed Pokemon Gen 8 is the Switch's big seller this year.

Not really enthusiastic about the UK region. Don't want to offend anyone (don't start it over) but I would prefer something different. We just had an english speaking region (by the way islands) and we are not that far from the last European region, which, for instance, is just below this one. I would have chosen a completely new environment like anywhere in Africa/India/China/South America.

Anyway, James Turner is British. That would help is work as art director.

Last edited:
i just rewatched it to see what you were talking about and it just seems like he almost accidentally said "UK" but quickly corrected himself and said "region" . The "reg" was probably just him fumbling the word
Okay, finally got to relisten to it and you may be right there- the fumble just came out so awkwardly and I totally misremembered it. I really ought to just not bother doing stuff away from my computer where I can't doublecheck things. XD

Still hoping for a not-UK region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom