• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crown itself is an interesting item, available ingame for a ridiculously high price, obtainable but rare, similar to the Strange Souvenir. Plenty of countries have a monarchy but the UK is the one that springs to mind first. It could of course not be a hint, just as the Strange Souvenir may have never led to anything, but when plenty of art and pictures appear of Pikachu holding the sceptre at a similar time it's possible they link in.

And it all depends what your definition of "sometime after" is.

The crown has been around since Gen 3 or 4, but as Pokemon Decoration from a dressing up box during Contests, and it's usually free, mostly after defeating the Champion. Though having the crown be such a ridiculous price in LGPE, does have some merit behind it. But then, so does King Mario in Super Mario Odyssey after defeating the rabbits on the dark side of the moon postgame. Someone stated that the crown is similar to a Spanish one, when it also looks similar to the one found in the British Coat of Arms. Red and Gold is a common thing with crowns in coat of arms, aside from the real crown jewels. Just because we are hinting of crowns and sceptres, does NOT mean it has anything to do with the fake Crown and Sceptre rumours that we've kept hearing time and time again. It's fake, get over it.

Last edited:
The crown itself is an interesting item, available ingame for a ridiculously high price, obtainable but rare, similar to the Strange Souvenir.
The only item that's just called a Crown is the prop for musicals. It's not bought, it's received for winning five musicals, and there's another item that's received exactly the same way

Or are you referring to the Relic Crown? That one is, again, not bought, it's obtained in in the Abyssal Ruins. And you can get several copies, unlike the Strange Souvenir, which you could only receive one of.

And both of these items can only be obtained in Gen 5. The most recent game that you could obtain them in was released in 2012. SuMo, USUM, and LGPE weren't even developed then. So why would Game Freak be hinting at Gen 8 games in them?

EDIT: My bad, I hadn't heard about the Special Crown in LGPE. Still, that raises the question-why refer to only one title instead of both? Unless there's a Scepter item I'm missing?

Plenty of countries have a monarchy but the UK is the one that springs to mind first.
That's pretty subjective...
but when plenty of art and pictures appear of Pikachu holding the sceptre at a similar time it's possible they link in.
Besides this rumor, what reason is there to link an item from six years ago to recent images that the artist stated didn't have any clues in them? EDIT: Time-wise, I was mistaken, but I still don't see what there is to connect various art to an item, even if it is a notable one. Why choose that image in particular?
And it all depends what your definition of "sometime after" is.
So, let me see if I've got this straight: items that haven't appeared for the past five pairs of games specific images that an artist said didn't contain clues count as hints that suggest a rumor is true, but a reveal not showing up three weeks after a promised dates should just be disregarded?

I think you need to stop worrying about whether or not people will admit to something being a hint, because if this is what you consider to be worthwhile hints, few people are going to agree with you on all of them.

Last edited:
The only item that's just called a Crown is the prop for musicals. It's not bought, it's received for winning five musicals, and there's another item that's received exactly the same way

Or are you referring to the Relic Crown? That one is, again, not bought, it's obtained in in the Abyssal Ruins. And you can get several copies, unlike the Strange Souvenir, which you could only receive one of.

And both of these items can only be obtained in Gen 5. The most recent game that you could obtain them in was released in 2012. SuMo, USUM, and LGPE weren't even developed then. So why would Game Freak be hinting at Gen 8 games in them?
They mean the LGPE accessory-

Abandon the platypus idea. You are just hurting yourself. Anyway we should prepare for another dumb looking water starter. When they were revealed for the first time Oshawott was just hated, Froakie was just weird, Popplio was just a joke. I'm ready to pick another poor water starter that GF decided to have fun with...
(60 base speed, I know)
Popplio is adorable and my favorite base form for a water starter. Fite me

(pls don't actually fight me)

It's not my favorite water starter and I think it does look like a joke, but I will 100% join you on Team Popplio. XD I love it, it's got floppy little ears and looks like a puppy seal hybrid. I was also really wanting a sea lion pokemon before it came out- as well as another horse and a wolf- so between Popplio, Mudsdale and Rockruff/Lycanroc, I got so much wish fulfillment.

Hoping Gen 8 will nail some more off my wishlist. <3

The crown has been around since Gen 3 or 4, but as Pokemon Decoration from a dressing up box during Contests, and it's usually free, mostly after defeating the Champion. Though having the crown be such a ridiculous price in LGPE, does have some merit behind it.

As expensive as the crown may be, it's still a dollar cheaper than the original bicycle. hehe.

(pls don't actually fight me)

(I couldn't resist; I'm sorry)

Part of me just wants to have the new games revealed so we stop the "UK vs Not-UK" discussion because it's pretty tiring. On the other hand, this is what happens when you only say a game exists without showing anything at all.

Whatever comes here, it will be pretty refreshing since we will have something to discuss here, unless it turns into another "Hong Kong vs New York" or "Singapore vs Hawaii" debate.

Part of me just wants to have the new games revealed so we stop the "UK vs Not-UK" discussion because it's pretty tiring. On the other hand, this is what happens when you only say a game exists without showing anything at all.

Whatever comes here, it will be pretty refreshing since we will have something to discuss here, unless it turns into another "Hong Kong vs New York" or "Singapore vs Hawaii" debate.
How about Albuquerque vs. Czechoslovakia? =D

Hong Kong vs New York
Singapore vs Hawaii
Spain vs UK

Yeah I get the pattern here.

it could possibly be that there are no hints this time compared to what Gen 6 had.
Yeah, if there are any, they're as subtle as the ones in ORAS where we won't know that they were a hint until hindsight.

Definitely no Strange Souvenirs this time, though- that was an obvious hint because of the way it was given to us.

Yeah, if there are any, they're as subtle as the ones in ORAS where we won't know that they were a hint until hindsight.

Definitely no Strange Souvenirs this time, though- that was an obvious hint because of the way it was given to us.
though not hawaii until the sneak peeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom