• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! The Region Wars will finish!

No, seriously, we will actually have something to discuss instead of what ifs with no or almost no evidence or (my favorite since I actually like it) "what could have been" scenarios.

Hopefully, people won't react the same way they did when they revealed LGPE, or worse, start seeing LGPE as not that bad because the new game sucks. That's the worse way of vindicating something.

Yay! The Region Wars will finish!

No, seriously, we will actually have something to discuss instead of what ifs with no or almost no evidence or (my favorite since I actually like it) "what could have been" scenarios.

Hopefully, people won't react the same way they did when they revealed LGPE, or worse, start seeing LGPE as not that bad because the new game sucks. That's the worse way of vindicating something.

That always happens sadly. Each time theres a current hated thing in pokemon, when they see the new thing GF unveils, they always say the previous thing which was mocked and hated, is now cool. Literally happens with the starters everytime LOL

That always happens sadly. Each time theres a current hated thing in pokemon, when they see the new thing GF unveils, they always say the previous thing which was mocked and hated, is now cool. Literally happens with the starters everytime LOL
I wonder why that even started though. Like I don't know if I was just an oblivious kid back during gens II and III, but I don't remember that sort of thing happening before gen IV.

I wonder why that even started though. Like I don't know if I was just an oblivious kid back during gens II and III, but I don't remember that sort of thing happening before gen IV.

No idea, its always been that way. Many call it the pokemon hipster mentality lol

As long as there are 100+ 'mons and not so many legendaries/special 'mons, I will be happy.

Gen 7 is my least favorite region, I think. Just too few designs, too many gimmicky but weak 'mons and too few evolutions along with the Ultra Beasts which I don't like. I don't want a repeat of that.

Waking up and excitedly checking the forums for news only to see 10+ pages with literally the same discussion about a UK-based region repeated for the umpteenth time

People when gen 5 came out: This game is awesome, gen 4 sucks
People when gen 6 came out: This game is awesome, gen 5 sucks
People when gen 7 came out: This game is awesome, gen 6 sucks

Please for the love of arceus, stop this madness.
On the other hand, I have seen the opposite reactions. Doesn't make them any less annoying.

Someone a while ago mentioned about a plot hole with Grimsley in Gen 7, something about the years gone by compared to BW2. Just curious what that was about.

I think that people say it:

Gen 5: It sucks, gen 4 is better, gen 3 best generation.
Gen 6: It sucks, gen 5 is better, gen 4 best generation.
Gen 7: It sucks, gen 6 is better, gen 5 best generation.

Someone a while ago mentioned about a plot hole with Grimsley in Gen 7, something about the years gone by compared to BW2. Just curious what that was about.
It was me. In XY, the guy that gives you the Strange Souvenir mentions that the region he comes from has an amazing champion. According to Bulbapedia, X/Y takes place at the same time as B2W2. Gen VII takes place two years after both games and a Champion only got established during that timeframe.

In other words, there was no Champion at the time the Backpacker gave you the Strange Souvenir.

I mentioned Grimsley in that post because, if I recall correctly, his concept artwork from Gen VII had a note saying "two years later" or something like that.

No idea, its always been that way. Many call it the pokemon hipster mentality lol
From what I remember (since starting following stuff during the second gen) everyone was pretty okay with everything. And then D/P starts coming out, the people crying "they've run out of ideas!" Started, the purists that left after gen II came back, etc.

People for the most part were excited for gen II to hit the US, some were still excited for gen III (even though by that point some people were understandably burnt out by the craze after 5 years), and then people just started going "they changed it so it sucks/there is too many pokemon to catch them all/They look like digimon/the designs suck and why are there too many badly designed evolutions?" After gen VI came out. It's gotten worse since.

Agreed. Though not as bad as "everything after [insert gen here] sucks and I don't care about the other games!"
It was me. In XY, the guy that gives you the Strange Souvenir mentions that the region he comes from has an amazing champion. According to Bulbapedia, X/Y takes place at the same time as B2W2. Gen VII takes place two years after both games and a Champion only got established during that timeframe.

In other words, there was no Champion at the time the Backpacker gave you the Strange Souvenir.

I mentioned Grimsley in that post because, if I recall correctly, his concept artwork from Gen VII had a note saying "two years later" or something like that.
Maybe he misspoke.

Maybe he forgot the word golfer and was actually talking about Kahili being a world renowned golf champ, got hit with future sight sometime between Alola and Kalos and saw the future of the league, broke the fourth wall and knew you the player would become champ, or he could be from some alternate universe where trials never existed and just ended up in Kalos due to a wormhole.

Nothing is a plothole in a series with an infinite number of universes.

Most people I saw, were saying it would be a return to Kanto, and that's what we got. A few were off and suggested it was a Kanto revisit to a future Kanto, but the actual theory of going back to Kanto was prominent and had to have come to somewhere. I don't believe someone made it up, everyone piled on, and then by pure luck it turned out to be true.
SEA was the most prominent rumour even before the mere possibility of the Kanto revisit was ever brought up.

What's this calendar thing people are referring to? I have no idea how to search this thread on the new forum version

Edit: Looks like the search option is gone temporarily. I'd also like to see the gamefreak office posters again if anyone can show them.

Search option is gone temporarily but you can search on specific websites using google.
Simply search "site:[insert site here, forums.bulbagarden.net in this case, maybe the thread link if you want to be specific" and then what you're searching for.
You can search for specific phrases if you use quotation marks on what you’re searching for.

the beta designs for the dogs were kinda cool. Super saiyan cat was probably turned into Luxray. Emo horse and naked arcanine could probably be reworked into designs for future generations.
Sui could’ve been reworked into Keldeo.

Well, it wasn't a specific hint certainly, but I think Hawaii was probably on the list of possibles alongside any other place associated with tikis.
Just like now with things associated with crowns. Such as Spain, the UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Benelux (Luxembourg, Belgium and The Netherlands)

Not Spain because of too many hints thus far.
UK had one cameo in the anime.
The rest are also likely locations.

When do you think we will get word for gen 8 ? CoroCoro or Pokémon Day ? Or anywhere in between?
Probably not CoroCoro since TPC doesn't like to let them get the first scoop anymore.
Now that I think about it, if Rai and Sui are what Raikou and Suicune was going to be, then what the hell is this:

I have no reason to believe that Muneo Saito was lying, but I can't think of any moment were that design was considered, unless:
a) En and Rai were not the first designs (possible).
b) It was at a moment between Sui and Rai's transformation into Suicune and Raikou (maybe?)
c) They considered scrapping the dogs and use one Pokémon that fitted at least 2 out of 3. Not sure how probable.

Also, the Bulbapedia article on beta designs is slightly outdated coughnotrecognizingthebetacough

EDIT: Note to self: Learn to word things better.

EDIT 2: I just noticed that not even the first Honoguma picture is in that article. C'mon Bulbapedia, the other wikis already have the information in ther pages.
That Raikou happened between the demo and the beta version, yeah. If I had time at the moment, I'd hunt down the source.
Just like now with things associated with crowns. Such as Spain, the UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Benelux (Luxembourg, Belgium and The Netherlands)

Not Spain because of too many hints thus far.
UK had one cameo in the anime.
The rest are also likely locations.
What Spain hints?! There's literally nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom