• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hunting all over for that interview where they commented on the news drought for Sun and Moon... so far no luck, but I did find this-

Masuda – Some people who don’t play Pokemon games think that they’re targeted towards children. We hope that the more human-like proportions and enhanced cinematic aspects will make it easier for a wider audience to enjoy these games. We also hope that newcomers to the series will try Sun and Moon out, and find out exactly what makes Pokemon the deep, interesting and cool experience it is.

So to everyone who's said that the games are targeted at kids and not meant for older players... suuuurpriiiise?

I am glad there is an interview/discussion where it is referenced how deep the actual game is! Even within the gameplay of battles themselves there are so many options, with multitudes that must have been very complicated for them to program and test until they are working well! Then in terms of the variability of finding Pokemon, and raising them, and how that can have basically endless different branches; they were able to bring one of the more elusive aspects of life itself into the game in ways that are very compatible with the human mind!!

There have always been lots of games being created around the world, but far fewer that are as good a match for the mind as one like Pokemon!!

I dont know about anyone else, but TBH, a bug-type Eeveelution is the one that I want to see the LEAST. I've seen a lot of designs for a Bug type E-lution, but all of them are way too over designed and/or dont look good at all. Someone change my mind? Cause I'd love to see Eevee be able to evolve into every type over time, but a Bug type right now, I think I'd hate.

I dont know about anyone else, but TBH, a bug-type Eeveelution is the one that I want to see the LEAST. I've seen a lot of designs for a Bug type E-lution, but all of them are way too over designed and/or dont look good at all. Someone change my mind? Cause I'd love to see Eevee be able to evolve into every type over time, but a Bug type right now, I think I'd hate.
At least it would be better than Sylveon who is really aweful for me.

I think we will get news in February, if not March.
People who have LGPE already finished p;aying it and must be waiting for the next game.

i like these. :) whatever they end up doing, i'd imagine since its eevee they would choose a bug that is commonly known or easy to identify for bugeevee.

View: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/295619163016946271/visual-search/?x=16&y=14&w=530&h=452

View: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/295619163017053130/

[FanArt][Fakemon] Hunneon

bug eevee fakemon - Bing images

PKMNation: Tantalum

At least it would be better than Sylveon who is really aweful for me.
On one hand, I do agree with not liking Sylveon's design (granted, to improve it, I would just rip its ear bow off- more could be done with it, but I think that ear bow is the most annoying aspect of its design).

I'm not so sure that they couldn't top that level of bad with a Bug-type eeveelution, though.

I think if they did do one, it would probably lack wings or have very understated wings like Clefairy- since eeveelutions are all a single type so they wouldn't add Flying to it. Maybe hidden wings like a beetle? Some way of not making it a prominent feature.

Could see it being based partially on a poodle moth, though.

Bug type is definitely last on the list for me too. On top of the what you've mentioned, a bug type evolution just feels the most unnatural because, well, there aren't any bug types that aren't obviously bugs, so fan ideas don't usually look very much like pokemon.

I think I like the idea of this bug being used to make a bug Eeveelution:

iu

It's even got the ears.

As far as fan images go I think this gets the closest to being alright:
iu

The other solution is to go with a color scheme that is easy to identify with a bug like so:

iu

Neither of these are totally ideal, but I would be curious to see what GameFreak would come up with.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about Bug type Eeveelutions is that a lot of designs I've seen have the E-lution's ear as some type of bug wing. The one above that Minya posted with the dragonfly wings ears isn't too bad, and the rest of the design isn't too complicated. I also like the grey one posted by Pocket Monster but not enough to actually want it in game.

I really feel like people over-design Eeveelutions to the point that they're all too clunky and unattractive.

I thought it was an improvement over Glaceon and Leafeon who looked really average and performed even worse competitively. Plus being based off a Sylph was rad.
The eyes are really weird.To much detail on him. The ribbon is too much. To many details on that pokemon. I personnally prefer simple designs, so yes I prefer leafeon and Glaceon way before Sylveon.

The eyes are really weird.To much detail on him. The ribbon is too much. To many details on that pokemon. I personnally prefer simple designs, so yes I prefer leafeon and Glaceon way before Sylveon.

I think the fact that the eevee evolution mechanic are built on mutations, and typical fairy sprite eyes are big like this in mythology, it works. Its the only eevee evolution not based off something bestial, as a hyrbrid so it works. A bug eevee evolution will be quite similar with its eyes too.

All I want to see is what a fighting type eeveelution could look like. That has a lot of potential in terms of design.

I just hope we get a new eeveelution. I love all of them to death but I've also played with almost all of them on my team more then once (not all on the same team mind you). I want to keep using my eeveelutions, but I need more options at this point.

If a Bug-type eeveelution doesn't have super fluffy moth shoulders and big round eyes- GameFreak fucked up. XD

You know, it is pretty weird that Flareon is pretty much the only one that maintains Eevee's mane. (Although, I guess Vaporeon counts too, but it's not fluffy).

All in all, I don't know if I would totally discredit Lana mentioning a bug Eeveelution for a couple reasons:

1. There are plenty examples of the anime showcasing a Pokemon before it is available in-game; Dusk Lycanrock being the most recent
  2. Every now and then, shows like to have characters like Lana be right that one time; if you know what I mean. It looks like the TV trope is called "Joke and Receive"
  3. I would like to believe they are building Lana's Eevee up to be something special. It came around a little late to be Let's Go Eevee promotion only. The alternatives are: it doesn't evolve, or it evolves into a Vaporeon.

The main thing holding me back is that I don't know if they would showcase a new Eeveelution with a side character instead of Ash.

The main thing holding me back is that I don't know if they would showcase a new Eeveelution with a side character instead of Ash.

You say that, but I still don't know why the writers of the anime are afraid to give Ash an eevee. Unless they are somehow afraid it would overshadow Pikachu. When it was Lana who caught that eevee I almost put my fist though my screen...I was so sure they were going to give it to Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom