• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that, but I still don't know why the writers of the anime are afraid to give Ash an eevee. Unless they are somehow afraid it would overshadow Pikachu. When it was Lana who caught that eevee I almost put my fist though my screen...I was so sure they were going to give it to Ash.

I was convinced Ash was going to get it too. If he had, I'd be convinced that we were getting a new Eevee, but now I'm just confused. For the most part, the show has tried to focus exclusively on Gen 7 pokemon (except for Kiawe's Charizard, but that's because its a Pokeride) and suddenly they give Lana an Eevee. It has to mean something, right? Would they really give her an Eevee just to have her get a Vaporeon? It would have been cool if she had caught a Dewpider.

Oh wait. I just remembered that May's Eevee evolved into a Glaceon.

I want a steel type eeveelution

I do think the Eevee was given to one of of Ash's classmates was to simply advertise Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, and how you can stylize the tuft of hair on the Pokemon's head in that game, like Lana did with her Eevee. I do think it is kind of interesting though that they gave the Eevee to Lana in this case though. If they wanted to truly represent Let's Go, the Eevee would never evolve. And all of Ash's classmates except Ash himself and Lillie have a type focus in the games, Lana's being water. If anything, it would have made more sense if it was purely for Let's Go advertisement to give it to Ash or Lillie.

So, I can imagine she will either keep it as an Eevee, or maybe evolve it to a Vaporeon towards the end. That's what I think is more likely

I would love to see them use the Eevee as an advertisement for the Generation 8 games though, as it is likely we will be getting an eeveelution. That would be a really cool thing to see come from the anime, as the anime does like to advertise the next games with new Pokemon cameos, in movies and in the show.

I really want to see a flying or bug type eeveelution right now. The bug because there are so many different cool routes they could go with a bug type eeveelution and make it so colorful and awesome, and the flying type because I want to see what they would do flying wise. Would it be able to fly or only use flying type attacks, it's just so cool to think about. Dragon could be another good type for this.

Edit: I just thought of the cutest idea for a bug type Eeveelution. So, all of the Eeveelutions get significantly bigger when they evolve. It would be so cool if the bug type eeveelution stayed about the same size as an Eevee (it could get smaller, but that could be a little weird .it has happened before though with a couple Pokemon I think. I know at least Mega Alakazam is smaller). I think that would be super cute cuz it would really fit that bug setting well. I mean, yes, there are big bugs, but most of the time when we think of bugs we think of them being pretty small. All the Eeveelutions sit around the 2'5'' - 3'0'', while Eevee is I'00''. So having the bug type stay at one or maybe get a little bigger (or smaller) would be a really neat idea.

Last edited:
It looks like Pokémon LGPE broke 10 million in sales, really surprised me despite the heavy criticism at the start.

This should showcase how big Gen 8 should be this year !

Attachments

• 15F5B3E9-2902-4F69-8B2E-FAC668BC15F9.jpeg
    15F5B3E9-2902-4F69-8B2E-FAC668BC15F9.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 69
Pokemon still listed as late 2019. No signs of a possible delay as expected.

Funny fact: Zelda, best game of 2017, sold 13 milions units in almost two years. Lets go, the 8th? game in the untouched 1:1 Kanto of 22 years ago, sold 10 milions units in almost two months.
Just to say that the world is really unfair.

Last edited:
Not all sell well and break the 10 million barrier mind you. But yeah Pokémon typically do quite well.
Well if you consider that when Usum were released there were 70 milions 3ds out there and the games sold just 8 milions in a year while le'ts go sold 10 milions units in two months with just 30 milions console sold, it's actually an impressive result for a remake (actually the 8th time in the same exact region with the same exact plot and the same exact amount of pokemon of 22 years ago).

Well if you consider that when Usum were released there were 70 milions 3ds out there and the games sold just 8 milions in a year while le'ts go sold 10 milions units in two months with just 30 milions console sold, it's actually an impressive result for a remake (actually the 8th time in the same exact region with the same exact plot and the same exact amount of pokemon of 22 years ago).

What you have to keep in mind however, is that it was on a new console, while USUM was not and USUM, unlike Lets Go, suffered from SUMO being a thing a year before.

What you have to keep in mind however, is that it was on a new console, while USUM was not and USUM, unlike Lets Go, suffered from SUMO being a thing a year before.
This doesn't really mean the game suffered because of it. Usum sold a lot of money but suffered of the comeback of the 3rd version not just because s/m were released a year before. S/M 2 (sequels) would have sold definitively better, the problem is that usum offered really few new content and people in 2017 had abandoned the idea of having a 3rd version game which is basically the same game they just bought with 5 new pokemon and mantine surf.
I'm quite sure usum would have sold better if they were better games not matter on what console they were released on. What we had looks a bit lazy for a 2017 game, not counting that some stuff like the ultra megalopolis or the ultra recon squad turned out to be almost a fraud.

Didn’t SM / USUM win gaming awards in Tokyo as well ?

Can’t recall any Pokémon game winning prestigious awards outside of Gen 4.

London / England Inspired region but with two of the starters based from South America and the other based off an Ancient Greek legend lol Only one is been remotely European.

The last few generations have typically had inspired starters from the real life area of that each region is based off. Kinda seems iffy right there.

The capybara seems like someone was looking at Masuda’s tweets as well haha

Funny fact: Zelda, best game of 2017, sold 13 milions units in almost two years. Lets go, the 8th? game in the untouched 1:1 Kanto of 22 years ago, sold 10 milions units in almost two months.
Just to say that the world is really unfair.

Yeah, this is the kind of thing that makes me lose faith in humanity, it's depressing to see mediocre games like USUM and LGPE sell this well because now Game Freak has little incentive to improve. And this series has miles of room for improvement.

Honestly, the mass market is way too accepting of poor value games. There's no way around this, you can't really blame the developers as much because they're doing what makes them money, but it's up to the consumers to tell them to avoid unfriendly business practices like on disc DLC, microtransactions, and in Pokemon's case, re-releases of recent games at full price and low content. And they're failing. Now maybe supporting certain decisions could be chalked up to subjectivity, but this really isn't subjective. We're talking about a concrete quantity of content for a concrete price, that's a measurable quantity and therefore objective. So yeah, I hate to blame consumer decision making but this really is just bad spending habits on the part of the mass market consumers.

For perspective, this puts it above all the additional versions (with the exception of Yellow), but it hasn't matched the performance of other remakes just yet. I'm sure it will in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom