• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For perspective, this puts it above all the additional versions (with the exception of Yellow), but it hasn't matched the performance of other remakes just yet. I'm sure it will in time.

B2W2 may still be a bit ahead as according to this, it was last seen at 8.52 million.

USUM will still surpass it though as its sales rate is higher then B2W2 was relatively.

I don’t know why were LGPE’s sales even in doubt. It is a game about Kanto, capitalises on GO promotion at a time when Pokemon has an upsurge in common popularity due to Detective Pikachu with a common household name as the box mascot (Pikachu).
And this is ignoring the fact that its the first main series (yes, it is being promoted as one by the developers so has the distinction of one) Pokemon game on the Switch.

It’d be much more concerning if LGPE was not breaking sales records.

The criticising Internet is a very small minority when compared to LGPE’s audience (like the Wii’s casual fan base compared to the hardcore gamers) and even some of them bought it.

It's the Switch, any game on that system is going to sell well. However, LGPE actually took longer to sell a lot of units in Japan than the typical Pokemon game would have otherwise, and that's really bad especially because there are constantly new monster capturing RPGs being made there. I'm just saying that they can't just keep relying on recycled content forever, especially if said recycled content is repeated over and over again.

I wish people would stop talking about LGPE, let those games die. Plus, those are very different games from the core RPG games and the sales between the two sets will be different. You are comparing a cat and a dog. Two very different things. I don't even consider LGPE as "remake" games, they are games that use an existing storyline but are played in a very different way than the core RPG series.

I find it particularly disheartening that LGPE is being sold for $60 while missing a lot of content, but most of all, it is a game developed with the mindset of not wanting it to take too much of people's time. If the interviews that were posted in this thread a while back are real, which seems to be the case, then it is a ridiculous notion.

Not trying to be negative here. I'm actually quite excited to see what the Gen 8 games will be like. I don't want to judge Game Freak because maybe the 3DS era was just an unfortunate phase. I still respect them for all the fun and joy I've gotten from playing the games they made. It's possible that we're moving into a great era of Pokemon games. Though, of course, I'm also being cautious. I don't want to fall for the marketing and PR like I did for USUM. I love the new features/additions to it, but I still think it was an overpriced DLC.

B2W2 may still be a bit ahead as according to this, it was last seen at 8.52 million.

USUM will still surpass it though as its sales rate is higher then B2W2 was relatively.
I'm pretty sure that Jukain was referring to LGPE ("other remakes"). But USUM likely surpassing B2W2 is sad.

and that's really bad especially because there are constantly new monster capturing RPGs being made there.
I am not sure how competition is supposed to help sales. The fact that Pokemon, and Kanto in particular, is less widespread in the west (and yet is unmatched by anything similar) is a contributing factor.

Last edited:
Just got off Era reguarding the finacial reports, and an amazed at how people are still under the idea that Pokemon Gen 8 will be delayed even after the financial reports show it as a 2019 title. Many are even now saying the same for Animal Crossing that has a 2019 release confirmed.
If anything, Bayonetta 3 has the best chances of being delayed on that list since its along side Metroid with a TBA release.
Its almost as if many, if not everyone doesn't want Gen 8 to release suddenly? Well I guess Marcus is probably laughing his butt off now -smh-

Not trying to be negative here. I'm actually quite excited to see what the Gen 8 games will be like. I don't want to judge Game Freak because maybe the 3DS era was just an unfortunate phase. I still respect them for all the fun and joy I've gotten from playing the games they made. It's possible that we're moving into a great era of Pokemon games. Though, of course, I'm also being cautious. I don't want to fall for the marketing and PR like I did for USUM. I love the new features/additions to it, but I still think it was an overpriced DLC.

I think there were just a lot of system limitations that kept the 3DS games from being as expansive as previous generations. That said, Kalos and Alola look amazing as regions. I think they spent a lot of time designing the regions.

I think there were just a lot of system limitations that kept the 3DS games from being as expansive as previous generations. That said, Kalos and Alola look amazing as regions. I think they spent a lot of time designing the regions.
Not really... the 3ds had plenty of games with more content than Gen 6 and 7. GF purposely cut corners in terms of content, like when they didn’t put the battle frontier in ORAS because “people are too busy with mobile games”.

Not really... the 3ds had plenty of games with more content than Gen 6 and 7. GF purposely cut corners in terms of content, like when they didn’t put the battle frontier in ORAS because “people are too busy with mobile games”.
I'm worried that LGPE's success will encourage them to keep that mindset.

It's not just the sales number that matter, but also how quickly the game sells to get to the desired sales number, remember that time is everything in many industries, especially video-games.

Just got off Era reguarding the finacial reports, and an amazed at how people are still under the idea that Pokemon Gen 8 will be delayed even after the financial reports show it as a 2019 title. Many are even now saying the same for Animal Crossing that has a 2019 release confirmed.
If anything, Bayonetta 3 has the best chances of being delayed on that list since its along side Metroid with a TBA release.
Its almost as if many, if not everyone doesn't want Gen 8 to release suddenly? Well I guess Marcus is probably laughing his butt off now -smh-
From what I can tell, the financial report goes by announcements in regards to release dates, so unless it was announced publicly that Gen 8 was going to be delayed, it wasn't going to change there anyway.

That said, they said late 2019 and that's way too close for anything to come up that would cause a delay. We're already at the localisation stage/getting products ready stage by now. Unless a factory blew up somewhere, I don' t see how any delay could happen at this point.

It's great to see Let's Go doing well - I think it's positive for the franchise.

For those who are concerned that the success of a "less-quality, less-deserving, and less-difficult Pokemon game" (I'm not saying that it is) means that Game Freak is going to become lazy and just provide a simplified experience like Let's Go for future instalments, knowing that they will receive sales anyway - is something that I don't believe at all.

The success of the game will most probably result in the franchise producing future Let's Go games (maybe they already started the Johto ones anyway) - because they now know it's a formula that worked. Obviously the game was benefitted by the fact that it was the first console Pokemon game and that it provided the nostalgia of Kanto, so it is possible that the next Let's Go games won't result in as many sales (unless they incorporate desired features e.g. returning to wild battles).

But, I believe the success of Let's Go isn't a negative for future Pokemon games in terms of becoming more simplified. Instead, it's opened up two separate series, the Let's Go games and the Main Gen games, allowing Game Freak to target two separate audiences (players who are more relaxed and players who want more complex stuff). This has made it easier for them to satisfy both audiences in two different types of games, rather than trying to fill both their needs in one type of game.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add that in xy&z it looked like Ash was gonna catch an eevee but it ended up going to Serena. It evolved too, into sylveon. So that's two cases they let the female side characters evolve an eevee.

I think system limitations and change in their design philosophy did play a major part in how the 3DS games were developed. Not to say that the hardware prevented them from putting certain content in, but prevented them from fully reaching their vision. Alola is a pretty good example of this. The change in camera and realistic model proportions show that they wanted to go for more immersion, and actually make the region feel like a living, breathing pokemon world. I think it was a good step forward but the super low-res textures, and semi claustrophic routes definitely hurt that. With them adding more pokemon in the overworld in USUM, and all of the following animations found in the gen 7 games, I suspect they wanted to do stuff akin to that but weren't able to due to limitations. LGPE features overworld pokemon and following pokemon and I'm sure gen 8 will include both in some capacity.

I don't think them cutting the battle frontier out was them being lazy, they just legitimately feel like it didn't belong due to how times have changed. I'd never call gamefreak lazy, they just make odd decisions a lot that they feel are justified.

Hopefully with Masuda stepping down, things change. I do feel like it's guaranteed gen 8 will outsell LGPE, but I honestly feel like LGPE are fine for what they are. It was intended to be a bridge between the GO audience and the main series, and I think it's success shows that it worked out just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom