• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd greatly prefer a small handheld switch, especially for pokemon - I hated the wii controllers and similarity am not that fond of the switch ones. Plus people will prefer an experience closer to their previously pokemon core series experiences - that is, handheld without caring as much about on-tv play.

Honestly, I like the fact that I only need one Nintendo system to play all of their series, so I'm glad Pokemon is moving to the Switch. Plus finally being able to have a core Pokemon game displaying on the TV without any of the wiring and extra accessories is a thing I wanted to see Pokemon do, so I'm glad they moved on from the 3DS.

Gah, the more I watch gameplay for Yokai Watch 4, the more I feel like Gen 8's improvements will probably be really underwhelming... hope they prove me wrong.

I feel the same haha. Yokai 4 is really leading in terms of improvements and a general evolution over the previous one. Makes LGPE look like a simple port lol

Do we know if its releasing in the west or with english support ?

Honestly, I like the fact that I only need one Nintendo system to play all of their series, so I'm glad Pokemon is moving to the Switch. Plus finally being able to have a core Pokemon game displaying on the TV without any of the wiring and extra accessories is a thing I wanted to see Pokemon do, so I'm glad they moved on from the 3DS.

Yeah I am really glad to see this move too, and being able to have the option to play all my games either on the go or from the comfort of my own home is absolutely awesome. I was one of the people who did play Let's Go, and having that option to sit on the couch and play Pokemon on the big screen was the actual coolest thing ever. And that was just with Let's Go. I can't wait to see a whole brand new region and the big screen.

I feel the same haha. Yokai 4 is really leading in terms of improvements and a general evolution over the previous one. Makes LGPE look like a simple port lol

I don't think we know yet since Yokai Watch 3 is only just getting released in North America on February 8th. Gonna be a disappointingly long time before we get 4. XD

No, but after they've released most of the 3DS games (all but two spin-offs), I'd think that they'd give the first Switch entry a chance.

I don't think we know yet since Yokai Watch 3 is only just getting released in North America on February 8th. Gonna be a disappointingly long time before we get 4. XD
Probably about a year, which is very short compared to the previous gaps. They should have skipped the first game (which is largely rehashed in the second set of entries) and/or that one third version.

Not to sure if this was already posted, or if Paul mentioned this in his video, but it seems a Japanese article popped up showing the Meltan figures, and what seems to me be a Melmetal figure:

I'm just asking for clarification:
  1. Is this a real magazine scan?
  2. If it is real, was a Melmetal figure ever mentioned (e.g. Paul or etc.)
  3. And is this our mystery figure, or is there still a somewhat chance its something new?

Anyways, cheers! (Side Note: Seems more Gen 4 Pokemon are now coming to GO next month :3)

Here's a thought that just occurred to me, what if the ability to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to the Gen 8 games becomes a possibility? I know what you may be thinking, but it isn't impossible given a system that convert completely different stats to other type of stats became a thing thanks to Poke Transporter being compatible with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 games. After all, Game Freak might use that to try to rope in people who didn't buy Let's Go but have Pokemon Go. I'm just saying that Let's Go might not be the only series where you can transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go.

Here's a thought that just occurred to me, what if the ability to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to the Gen 8 games becomes a possibility? I know what you may be thinking, but it isn't impossible given a system that convert completely different stats to other type of stats became a thing thanks to Poke Transporter being compatible with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 games. After all, Game Freak might use that to try to rope in people who didn't buy Let's Go but have Pokemon Go. I'm just saying that Let's Go might not be the only series where you can transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go.
I imagine they might do that, or at the very least they’ll allow you to transfer Pokémon from LGPE.

After all, players will need some method of attaining Meltan/Melmetal and I don’t expect them to make them available without Pokémon Go; they are Mythicals after all.

Not to sure if this was already posted, or if Paul mentioned this in his video, but it seems a Japanese article popped up showing the Meltan figures, and what seems to me be a Melmetal figure:
View attachment 115471
I'm just asking for clarification:
  1. Is this a real magazine scan?
  2. If it is real, was a Melmetal figure ever mentioned (e.g. Paul or etc.)
  3. And is this our mystery figure, or is there still a somewhat chance its something new?
Anyways, cheers! (Side Note: Seems more Gen 4 Pokemon are now coming to GO next month :3)

View: https://twitter.com/Paulrobertryan/status/1090940235234578432

1. Real magazine scan, yeah.
  2. Paul never mentioned one coming that I know of, just expressed that the mystery figurine was not Melmetal and that Melmetal's design is harder to produce in figurine and plush form so it's not likely going to get a lot of merchandise, unlike Meltan who is simple and cute and easily marketable.
  3. No, it's not the mystery figure. The next mystery figurine reveal is Mewtwo-related. This isn't Mewtwo-related. XD

We know Gamefreak must be considering it since the 3ds Gen 7 games had the initial feature planned and the transferred from Pokemon Go location still exists in Gen 7 data today.

Masuda already mentioned a while ago that they are considering LGPE / Bank to Gen 8 support. Safe to assume because of Meltan / Melmetal, that LGPE or Go will allow a transfer of some kind into Gen 8.

I kind of hope that they will maintain Pokemon GO transfers in Gen 8... but I could also see it just being an LGPE thing, requiring you to buy those games to transfer your GO pokemon to Gen 8. =/ It would be nice to just have it in Gen 8, though, because that would give me a use for my extra GO shinies. So many Chikorita, so little room.

Not saying Meltan and Melmetal has anything to do with a UK based region.

I mean the other first Pokemons for the next gen never have hints connected to the regions some of the creatures are based on.

All the same, there was a Steam Pokemon movie of Gen 6 that is preluding one for Gen 7.

Not saying Meltan and Melmetal has anything to do with a UK based region.

I mean the other first Pokemons for the next gen never have hints connected to the regions some of the creatures are based on.

All the same, there was a Steam Pokemon movie of Gen 6 that is preluding one for Gen 7.
Meltan and Melmetal are Gen 7 Pokemon. Their index numbers are listed with the other Gen 7 Pokemon.

Meltan and Melmetal are Gen 7 Pokemon. Their index numbers are listed with the other Gen 7 Pokemon.

Riley is right, all pokemon within a generation share the same pool of index numbers, new generation pokemon are in a separate one. The datamine, and Serebii confirmed this long ago.

Speaking of Meltan, a thought occurred to me... if it was going to appear in one of the two upcoming films, I can't see it being the Mewtwo movie because the addition of another Mythical would utterly derail the plot from being about Mewtwo. Very bad place for it.

But I don't think that Meltan would be so out of place in the Detective Pikachu movie. It's designed for augmented reality, so rendering it in a live-action film would be so easy-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbH3pNuipc

And the idea of Melmetal stomping about in a live-action film is kind of an impressive thought.

They should just make Meltan evolve in any movie that it is featured in, it would give off the idea that Melmetal is its evolution.

Can he be right? Is it another masuda troll?
I gave the vid a shot, but it's hard to take someone seriously when he makes a comparison between Masuda giving subtle hints and Trump tweets, lol.

There's really no reason to assume that this tweet in particular hints at the name? Why take this tweet, instead of any other?

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090129595750182912

Pokemon Ramen Chef and Pokemon Police Officer-a pair of games examining relaxation and high-stress situations.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090116136530718721

Pokemon Left and Pokemon Right, referring to the left and right joycons.

For that matter, why single out the word renewal? Masuda also says "it's very cold" twice in that tweet, couldn't it be "Pokemon Hot and Pokemon Cold"?

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1088655334942490624

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1087556048557244416

There's two more tweets that start off talking about Pocketpapers and bringing up warm/cold, so that might actually have even more weight behind it

He said Masuda's not tweeting as much about himself, but that's not really true?

I really don't think it was worth ten minutes to look at just one word of a tweet...

(also he acted like there was some confusion over whether Magearna was Gen 7 or 6, when it's always been considered Gen 7, so that bothered me)

I gave the vid a shot, but it's hard to take someone seriously when he makes a comparison between Masuda giving subtle hints and Trump tweets, lol.

There's really no reason to assume that this tweet in particular hints at the name? Why take this tweet, instead of any other?

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090129595750182912

Pokemon Ramen Chef and Pokemon Police Officer-a pair of games examining relaxation and high-stress situations.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090116136530718721

Pokemon Left and Pokemon Right, referring to the left and right joycons.

For that matter, why single out the word renewal? Masuda also says "it's very cold" twice in that tweet, couldn't it be "Pokemon Hot and Pokemon Cold"?

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1088655334942490624

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1087556048557244416

There's two more tweets that start off talking about Pocketpapers and bringing up warm/cold, so that might actually have even more weight behind it

He said Masuda's not tweeting as much about himself, but that's not really true?

I really don't think it was worth ten minutes to look at just one word of a tweet...

(also he acted like there was some confusion over whether Magearna was Gen 7 or 6, when it's always been considered Gen 7, so that bothered me)

Yeah. People should stop overanalyzing everything. Not everything's some obscure hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom