• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see a reason why Melmetal wouldn't be the most plausible candidate. The Meltan in the anime are obviously going to evolve.

But the reveal date is weird, so I guess it might be a new Pokemon debuting in the anime rather than the movie.

Just saying it here, Gen 7 related things are starting to come to a close, with the anime showing the Alola Pokemon League and also showing Meltan in the anime. It is obvious that Gen 7 will end this year, the only Mythical Pokemon from Gen 7 who didn't get proper attention outside the games is Melmetal. Once Melmetal is shown in the anime and gets merchandise, that's it for Gen 7.

Didn't you watch the entire video? Masuda did a similar tweet before Sun and Moon were announced, with the photo showing the moon and the text mentioning the sun.
Posting a picture of the moon and mentioning the sun is a lot more blatant hint than a picture of a building while saying the weather is cold.

Masuda has also tweeted about the weather for years, there’s no reason to believe this tweet in particular to be a hint.

Posting a picture of the moon and mentioning the sun is a lot more blatant hint than a picture of a building while saying the weather is cold.

Masuda has also tweeted about the weather for years, there’s no reason to believe this tweet in particular to be a hint.
Don't be so sure. It could obviously turn out to not have been a hint, but we can't exclude that possibility yet either.

I hope gen 8 won't ride on the nostalgia-road the way gen 6 and 7 did. Enough Kanto with Let's Go.

Game Freak after releasing gen 8: "Hey Pokemon fan...remember Kanto? You know, the region you've traveled through just ONE game ago. There're a lot of references of Kanto in our newest game so you can enjoy thinking back of traveling through the region of the game we released LAST year. Nostalgic, isn't it?"

Given Meltan’s recent appearance in the anime, I really wouldnt be surprised if this ended up being Melmetal. However, if there are notes specifically saying that it’s mewtwo related, we’ll see. Pokémon day at midnight is a bit suspicious

Well... I noticed something strange which isn’t based on Masuda’s lunch!

Mewtwo’s Birthday: February 6
810 Days since the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon: February 6, 2019

* This year is also said to be Year of Mewtwo so it’d be weird to not do something on Mewtwo’s birthday.

* We know that TPCi has used the number of days thing before with releasing Melton on 808th day of Pokemon.

This day’s pretty important in my opinion for news.

Atleast it’s better than random 4chan leaks and looking for hints.

What do you think?

I now predict that the Gen 8 games will be called "Are You" and "Happy Now?", and include features such as walking Pokémon, visiting every region, an Explorers-esque postgame, and an Electric/Dark regional variant for Luxray.

Last edited:
Wow. That Pokemon Kids TV thing is such a hint
Not really. “London bridge is falling down” is a globally popular nursery rhyme. That’s all there is to it. And why would they hint at the next region through a video aimed at preschoolers?

It could be a hint, sure, but i have my doubts.

Last edited:
I believe the countdown is for the Mewtwo movie, think about it, Melmetal is more likely to get merchandise before Mewtwo, especially if they are planning to release merchandise earlier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom