• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Meltan’s recent appearance in the anime, I really wouldnt be surprised if this ended up being Melmetal. However, if there are notes specifically saying that it’s mewtwo related, we’ll see. Pokémon day at midnight is a bit suspicious
No I don't believe that the figure from the anime set is the Takara Tomy Mewtwo-related figure. Pretty sure that's just the secret Bandai figure going to be revealed in April.

Which seems like a late time to reveal a Melmetal toy... with Meltan present, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if Melmetal appeared in the anime. Obvious spoiler is obvious much? XD

No I don't believe that the figure from the anime set is the Takara Tomy Mewtwo-related figure. Pretty sure that's just the secret Bandai figure going to be revealed in April.

Which seems like a late time to reveal a Melmetal toy... with Meltan present, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if Melmetal appeared in the anime. Obvious spoiler is obvious much? XD

ohhh ok my bad then. His follow up tweet in the thread made me think that he was talking about the takara tomy figure. Excitement still on

ohhh ok my bad then. His follow up tweet in the thread made me think that he was talking about the takara tomy figure. Excitement still on
Paul seems to think that the Bandai figure may be related to the Takara Tomy Mewtwo-related one, yeah. But since he said it could also be Melmetal, it doesn't seem that there are any notes attached to the anime figure to say that it definitely is related.

I guess once February gets the Mewtwo-related figure out of the way, we may have a clearer picture of what to suspect from the April one.

The sooner, the better--I am so tired of typing Mewtwo-related. XD

Nintendo just had their Financial Briefing a bit ago, and Pokemon was briefly mentioned with a full detailed report posted:

View:
View: https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1091155815627517952

It seems they want synergy of Let's Go with the 2019 titles, which sounds similar to what TPCi said with GO attracting players to get SM when they released.
Too add, they are making a Toyko Nintendo Store, I wonder if they will add in a Pokemon Center, though they might not if Tokyo has one already.
Anyways, if any more details pop up regarding Pokemon, I'll try to update here. Cheers!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention that they did say they intend to have no delays. Not sure if they said that because of the Metroid delay, but in all, it bodes well that Pokemon Gen 8 is still going for 2019 if all said it done (and hopefully stop those nay-sayers.

This idea overall that Let's Go can help the Gen 8 games make sense to newer players: hopefully is an indication that the battle system will have be improved, rather than replaced!!

It does also make me wonder if there would be a more widely broadcast mini trailer for the game at some point. There is a sort of "large television event" this weekend in the US and maybe they would have placed it there (it is really hard to tell!), and then have it just after premiering, appear online along with international versions?

There is a sort of "large television event" this weekend in the US and maybe they would have placed it there (it is really hard to tell!), and then have it just after premiering, appear online along with international versions?
You mean the Super Bowl? They’re definitely not going to reveal the games there.

Well... I noticed something strange which isn’t based on Masuda’s lunch!

Mewtwo’s Birthday: February 6
810 Days since the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon: February 6, 2019

* This year is also said to be Year of Mewtwo so it’d be weird to not do something on Mewtwo’s birthday.

* We know that TPCi has used the number of days thing before with releasing Melton on 808th day of Pokemon.

This day’s pretty important in my opinion for news.

Atleast it’s better than random 4chan leaks and looking for hints.

What do you think?
I called this out a few pages ago

Didn't you watch the entire video? Masuda did a similar tweet before Sun and Moon were announced, with the photo showing the moon and the text mentioning the sun.
This is pretty similar to another video about the same tweet, so I'm just gonna quote part of my response to that one.

I gave the vid a shot, but it's hard to take someone seriously when he makes a comparison between Masuda giving subtle hints and Trump tweets, lol.

There's really no reason to assume that this tweet in particular hints at the name? Why take this tweet, instead of any other?

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090129595750182912

Pokemon Ramen Chef and Pokemon Police Officer-a pair of games examining relaxation and high-stress situations.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090116136530718721

Pokemon Left and Pokemon Right, referring to the left and right joycons.

For that matter, why single out the word renewal? Masuda also says "it's very cold" twice in that tweet, couldn't it be "Pokemon Hot and Pokemon Cold"?

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1088655334942490624

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1087556048557244416

There's two more tweets that start off talking about Pocketpapers and bringing up warm/cold, so that might actually have even more weight behind it

Admittedly, I skimmed through the video, so idk if Rowlet was suggesting that the title would be renewal like the last guy was, or if he was suggesting something else, so maybe ignore my counterexamples. I'm just not interested in spending another 14 minutes (7 if I watch at 2x speed) on a video that could be summed up as "Masuda's tweeted hints in the past before, could this tweet be another one? Here's what part of the tweet I think is significant."

Admittedly, I skimmed through the video, so idk if Rowlet was suggesting that the title would be renewal like the last guy was, or if he was suggesting something else, so maybe ignore my counterexamples. I'm just not interested in spending another 14 minutes (7 if I watch at 2x speed) on a video that could be summed up as "Masuda's tweeted hints in the past before, could this tweet be another one? Here's what part of the tweet I think is significant."
I recommend you watch the video properly.

You mean the Super Bowl? They’re definitely not going to reveal the games there.

I am trying to refer to the breaks between play as a specific event, as far as, most of the advertising is not related to football, but, yes!
It would be unusual for Pokemon, but, i can't remember whether NIntendo has placed advertisement there before?

A 30 second Super Bowl ad this years costs somewhere around 5.2 million dollars. It's not impossible, but I really don't think they're going to pay that much money for one, especially with the culture around Super Bowl ads in general.

edit: fixed Super Bowl

I'm highly doubtful there will be any sort of Pokemon anything at the Super Bowl. It's such an American tradition so I doubt that Nintendo would try to capitalize on it. Sure, a lot of people will be watching the SB but I just dont see anything in the cards for Pokemon.

Ok, so I don't exactly recall/remember who, but someone here was asking how Nintendo would make a Portable only Switch due to the Joy-Cons, well there is a Technology/Gaming YouTuber by the name of Spawn Wave (actual name Jon), who made a video on this, and stated that if Nintendo continues the odd trend of making a console revision with a removed feature, they most likely would not use Joy-Cons for the system, and have them remain attached to the console. Some were also asking how it would look, so by chance I found a pretty nifty artist mock-up of what one could possible look like (I wish I could credit them, but IGN didn't mention the credit sadly):
DyWGKCiXcAE8zAq.jpg

If anything, I would change that button based excuse for a D-Pad with a proper D-Pad we all know.
Also, not that I mention D-Pads, do you guys think its possible that Game Freak would register attack moves to the D-Pad to clear the screen up from the UI? I ask b/c IF the Switch mini were to be possible/true, then the screen will most likely be smaller (I want to assume the size of a Note 8 #wishfuthinking) so any Battle UI on the screen would be far too tiny to see, so it would make sense in a way to use the D-Pad as Hot Keys like most PC Games do with the Number Key Pad.
Anyways, sorry for another long post, and to the fellow who asked the question for the Switch Mini, I hope you find this theory/idea/mock-up interesting! Anyways, Cheers!

But I don't see them making the joycons smaller either, it will cause a setback if they need to change the size of the main controller.

Once you use a switch, you can't simply go back to traditional playstyle like nothing happened, guys.
It you want an advise, don't buy any downgraded version of the switch. It's an amazing console, go for an upgraded one if there'll ever be one or wait for a price drop. Don't buy anything that has no removable joycons or a console that is only portable/docked. There are better handheld consoles and better home consoles. The switch greatness lays in its versatility. Don't sacrifice it for a price cut.

Removing the joycons is not happening. It would straight-up make games that require motion controls unplayable.
But I don't see them making the joycons smaller either, it will cause a setback if they need to change the size of the main controller.
You know what? I actually did not think of that...it would affect the motion aspect quite a bit? Man, this idea of a Switch Mini sounds cool on paper, but when you think of the technical aspect of things, its quite complected. Gotta give props to Nintendo for thinking of these systems, just thinking of something for every aspect is hard.
To add (just popped in my head, sorry lol) another idea they could do to alleviate the Joy-Cons issue (without making them smaller) could be making the system's screen more like an Infinity Display (if I recall, the projected screen is quite small already) so by making it a Infinity Display, they could in theory keep the Joy-Cons the same size, but reduce the size of the system, making effectively more portable? IDK, just a thought.
Also, Paul has a new video up, not sure if anyone posted it yet, but here it is:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrK0MtkfSO0&t=739s

He made some pretty interesting predictions, but I do wonder if we will see anything of Gen 8 next month, IDK why but I'm starting to think we may see these titles revealed in March. IDK, just me being weird, don't take it into much account. Anyways, cheers and Happy Friday!
EDIT: RIP I forgot today was the first day of February....
Also am I the only one who finds Melmetal in the thumb nail creepy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom