• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t feel a reveal is close (that is, this week)

I dunno, there’s just not enough “smoke”? For LGPE, we had the domain names and logos leaked weeks before the announcement. Now it’s completely quiet.
We knew literally nothing about X and Y before the announcment, and Sun and Moon only leaked the day before. Nintendo and TPCI have probably been outing the leakers

We knew literally nothing about X and Y before the announcment, and Sun and Moon only leaked the day before. Nintendo and TPCI have probably been outing the leakers
That’s why i used LGPE as an example, because it’s more recent than XY and SM.

And the domain names for XY did leak beforehand, so did the trademarks for SM. Only SM’s logo was leaked a day before.

Do we know what art position James Turner would have with Gen 8 ? Hearing he got promoted to a higher spot within gamefreak. I know this is taboo however Im thinking, hypothetically, if the region itself is United Kingdom / London or whatever, Turner having lived in that area for most of his life and him being in a higher Gamefreak position within art, what better person to draw from for inspiration.

I wonder if he got much say within design in Gens 5-7 or if he followed a specific brief set by Gamefreak.

@TechSkylander1518 Why are you so stubborn to not watch that video? It isn't even that long.
It's 14 minutes, and I already watched a ten minute video about the same thing. I didn't see anything different about it, and you refuse to tell me what makes it worth watching, so why would I? Why can't you just take a minute and explain?

It's 14 minutes, and I already watched a ten minute video about the same thing. I didn't see anything different about it, and you refuse to tell me what makes it worth watching, so why would I? Why can't you just take a minute and explain?
Because I've watched it only once and don't remember every single word. Plus, isn't it much more reliable to see something yourself rather than rely on someone else's word on it?

I'm not asking you to quote every single word, I'm just asking you to tell me what in the video makes it different enough to be worth watching. (If I hadn't mentioned that I only skimmed the video in my arguments against it, would you even be able to tell?)

Oh god, the UK and Plus/Minus rumours are back. All we need is the title reveal and one gameplay footage to disperse it all, yet we get tormented like this.

Considering what we can see of Gen 2's development, it's pretty clear that Espeon and Umbreon were not originally intended to show off any new feature (except two type stones that got scrapped). They were switched later to tie in with the day/night mechanic, at which point Dark may have made more sense to them than Poison and no effort was made to alter Umbreon's design.

If we don't see anything in Feb, why is March the next month that is most likely? I'm not saying that it isn't, I'm just genuinely asking because I missed why it may possibly be? Was it to do with a toy or something?

If we don't see anything in Feb, why is March the next month that is most likely? I'm not saying that it isn't, I'm just genuinely asking because I missed why it may possibly be? Was it to do with a toy or something?
Because new generations are always announced in the first quarter of the year. Pokemon X and Y in January and Pokemon Sun and Moon in February. That's because they need as much time as possible to market new generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom