• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw something about two Pokemon being in love on Masuda's twitter so maybe the reveal will be on Valentine's day?

If we don't see anything in Feb, why is March the next month that is most likely? I'm not saying that it isn't, I'm just genuinely asking because I missed why it may possibly be? Was it to do with a toy or something?

There is also a figurine that is marked as a "new Pokemon", which is set to be revealed sometime in March according to Pokeshopper.

I would say, tomorrow would be the absolute earliest, (for a simple reveal or trailer with a few to some moments of gameplay), and by the end of April at the very latest!

They don't rely on CoroCoro anymore to announce main series games, due to it being only released in Japan.

March CoroCoro (released in Feb) often reveal new Pokemon that tie in with the movie releasing that summer, and since it's a new gen this year, CoroCoro could reveal a new Pokemon, or form.

Pokemon day was always my guess for the reveal, and i'm still betting on it.
also the release date should be november 15 if it follows last few years trend.

We knew literally nothing about X and Y before the announcment, and Sun and Moon only leaked the day before. Nintendo and TPCI have probably been outing the leakers

we knew that we were getting a pokemon game announced in feb weeks before the s/m trademarks were leaked though. There was a leaked NOA scheduling list that included "Pokemon Niji" on it and was described as a "20th anniversary celebration game" .

I agree with if the announcement were truly imminent, we'd probably have more rumblings when it comes to leaks/trademarks/hinting etc

Inb4 we wake up on the 6th and
e50.jpg

But for real, i'm still thinking the 6th we will see something.

We knew literally nothing about X and Y before the announcment, and Sun and Moon only leaked the day before. Nintendo and TPCI have probably been outing the leakers

Actually in the last few weeks of 2012, we did get a slight buildup to the XY announcement. On Christmas 2012, Game Freak sent out a Christmas card hinting that "Pokemon will be evolving in 2013" which was kind of a blatant hint that there was something significant happening. So it's not as if that announcement came completely out of nowhere.

Actually in the last few weeks of 2012, we did get a slight buildup to the XY announcement. On Christmas 2012, Game Freak sent out a Christmas card hinting that "Pokemon will be evolving in 2013" which was kind of a blatant hint that there was something significant happening. So it's not as if that announcement came completely out of nowhere.
I think we've been at that point for Gen 8 since 2017, though. XD

...hmm... might not be getting an announcement this month if the figurine reveals both have to do with the Mewtwo movie. Pokemon Day could just wind up being a movie trailer. But if it reveals something new, then we probably would get an announcement within a couple weeks after.

TeamFebruary/March has evolved to... TeamLateFebruary/EarlyMarch!

Good luck to everyone betting on the 5th/6th, though!

But you could be getting an even more enjoyable game if you did.

Maybe, maybe not. Thing is the lack of additional features doesn’t bother me as much because I never made much use of them even when they were available. I happen to be one of those people who “doesn’t have time for video games” Masuda keeps talking about.

But for real, i'm still thinking the 6th we will see something.

Yeah, it probably won't be the games, but ever since gen 5, we always get a least one new pokemon before we know the titles (Zoroark, Sylveon, Magearna). Feb 6 seems like a good day to reveal something before an official game reveal on Pokemon Day. And the 6th is before CoroCoro, so the magazine can feature it afterwards. Fingers crossed.

Are you expecting something on the 6th because of Mewtwo's birthday? Then it isn't going to be a new Pokemon and I am not sure why you'd want another form. Revealing its role in the Detective Pikachu movie would be pretty fitting.

Yeah, it probably won't be the games, but ever since gen 5, we always get a least one new pokemon before we know the titles (Zoroark, Sylveon, Magearna). Feb 6 seems like a good day to reveal something before an official game reveal on Pokemon Day. And the 6th is before CoroCoro, so the magazine can feature it afterwards. Fingers crossed.

That’s true for Zoroark and Gen 5, and for Magearna and Gen 7. Sylveon was revealed just over a month after XY was revealed though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom