• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for a region based on the Southeastern US. We could use some good publicity for once.

42c.gif

I mean, aside from maybe being the original home region of Corphish/Crawdaunt... eh... I'm familiar with the Southern U.S. myself, left to Unova and never looked back.

I'd also rather a new region altogether rather than a revisit to any part of Kalos. At best Game Freak should keep something like that DLC, because we've already seen Zygarde complete anyways, so its not like there is any more to do with it. Eternal Flower Floette I could see also as a DLC event being handled in another Euro inspired region. Heck, simply retcon (not really tho?) the Unova OD as being a foreign Pokemon that established Unova, and make that DLC, too. Wrap up all loose ends without the need for remakes or revisits, which are just quick cash grabs any who.

Edit: Hell no. 2 new regions a BOTW tier game does not make. Just one really massive fleshed out region with many venues can easily feel like "multiple regions" anyways.

I mean why did they even bother creating Necrozma in the first place if they already had a Pokemon they wanted to relate with those themes? And if that was the reason, why didn't they bother elaborating on that with Zygarde instead of unceremoniously dumping it into Alola with little explanation as to why? I don't think that's the reason.
Do you mean why they didn't approach this connection (between Earth, Sun and Moon) more explicitly? Well, there may be many reasons for that, but I agree that also maybe it was just a coincidence (but the connection still exist).

Last edited:
They should do a Kalos sequel game with south France when Gen 8 and DP remakes already happened as a bridge between Gen 8 and 9. Wouldn't mind a four or even five years generation.

And with that I don't mean a remake.

I still feel like remakes should stay. I just really prefer if stories are wrapped up in remakes rather than DLC. Gives them a purpose other than just being a remake. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Unova can be visited in a newer generation, thus including the OD form of Kyurem without needing the remake.

Last edited:
Do you think maybe a player-controlled camera would fix the problem? Most of the times I got lost in Lumiose it was because the camera on certain streets was just not in the right place for me to see where I was. I mean, I also thought a lot of the city looked too similar, so maybe a PC-camera and a redesign of the buildings to differentiate them more than the signs and the few buildings that were different colors in XY? I liked how big Lumiose is but it did get on my nerves sometimes when I was looking for the next route, and though I liked what it was going for, I think the idea of this big, beautiful city being the center of everything would've been more realized if the player could've looked at it on their own terms (looking up at Lumiose Tower at night just for the heck of it, not in a cutscene would've made my world, anyone else?). At the very least, I hope that whatever they go for in the next region(a more natural kind of aesthetic or a more architectural one) they let us do that.
Player-Controlled Camera!! Yes! I don’t need open world (though I would love it). Just let me control the camera!

Hi Guys, I am sorry that I didn't comment on here awhile,because I was doing other stuff like work and family stuff.

I think Masuda was referring to Double Decker when he was driving the bus,because maybe he missed riding one when he was in the U.K.

strictly from a speculative standpoint, I could see them doing another region not quite like France, but close by or similar geographically (Spain, Italy, etc)

We know that Sugimori went through an artists block when designing pokemon for X/Y, and given that X/Y are the only games in the series to not receive a follow up of some kind (whether it be through sequels, third version) I could easily believe that maybe they just weren't that happy with their work in that generation and decided to move on. Maybe gen 8 will be them taking another crack at a setting in that style.

This is getting into tinfoil-hat theory, but if we were to assume that Town is in the same engine that gen 8 is using, or started out as a tech demo in an engine they would end up using in gen 8, the background assets (mountains, trees, even the ground) do seem very Mediterranean-esque to me. It could mean nothing but it wouldn't surprise me if those assets were reused from gen 8 games, and so maybe the region would be closer aesthetically to Kalos than say, Alola. That would tie the southern france research trip together with Eternal Flower Floette still being in the game data.

That could also be that they ran out of developmental time as well due to having to create every 3D model from scratch, they likely had to scrap various things. It's def clear they ran out of time due to all the inaccessible areas and pokemon shoehorned in. They left a lot of that in the raw data which fans found quickly. I def would say, the original intended XY and the one we got were two different things.

That could also be that they ran out of developmental time as well due to having to create every 3D model from scratch, they likely had to scrap various things. It's def clear they ran out of time due to all the inaccessible areas and pokemon shoehorned in. They left a lot of that in the raw data which fans found quickly. I def would say, the original intended XY and the one we got were two different things.
I'm not trying to arg against what you're saying specifically, but remember that Creatures made the Pokémon models. And that Sun and Moon also had inacessible areas.

I'm not trying to arg against what you're saying specifically, but remember that Creatures made the Pokémon models. And that Sun and Moon also had inacessible areas.
Are you talking about graphic and fighting system? I just found this site on Pokemon Go about the battle System on the google.
I wonder Gen 8's battle system will be like this.

I think creatures is in charge of creating models, not gamefreak, but I still agree 100%. X/Y felt like the game suffered from them trying to transition to 3D but not quite getting there yet. I love how they gave the player the option the move in 8 directions yet still designed the map in a grid-like way sjksjfksf

Wait a minute... I thought only demo (beta?) Ten Carat Hill and part of the player's house went unused. What other places are inaccessible?

I think creatures is in charge of creating models, not gamefreak, but I still agree 100%. X/Y felt like the game suffered from them trying to transition to 3D but not quite getting there yet. I love how they gave the player the option the move in 8 directions yet still designed the map in a grid-like way sjksjfksf

They def must have ran out of developmental time with something taking the room, as a lot of the scrapped concepts were found in the datamine, the fact that a Z was never on the cards, must make you think they scrapped Z early. Think someone mentioned something to that effect earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom