• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll spare the readers here the many thoughts I have about the Gen 8 region being based on the UK, and throw out one idea that I'm hoping ends up being in these games, regardless of the region:

A Fairy-type Elite Four Member!

I feel like the type itself would be very well-suited to an Elite Four battle, and I was pretty surprised that Mina didn't make it into the Alola Elite Four. And if the rumors about a UK-based Gen 8 end up being true, then I REALLY hope that the Fairy-type Elite Four ends up being male and named Oberon.

It must be because I've never heard of that haha. I may have to check it out, cheers friend :D
All of the Youtube videos for it are bad quality, so you might wanna look for it on Dailymotion (or just Google Mewtwo's Origin and use the video search). I'd post it here, but I think it would go against forum rules? Since it's uncut and we're not supposed to post full episodes or something to that effect.

You gotta see the baby StarterTwos. =D

A region based on southern France? But GF said they won't put 2 regions in the same game (Johto games are the exception), and there would be a rage if we don't get Kalos in the post-game.

A region based on southern France? But GF said they won't put 2 regions in the same game (Johto games are the exception), and there would be a rage if we don't get Kalos in the post-game.
XD They also said that there would always be Gyms and an Elite Four.

As for if we get a region based on another part of France without getting to revisit Kalos- people may just have to deal with it?

I wonder what will be first, us reaching page 1400 or gen 8 being announced

Reaching page 1400

Just thinking of a hypothetical situation where the Gen 8 region is based on Britian, I was thinking of the possible legendaries we could have. I was thinking of a fairy type, a steel type, and a poison or dark type legendary. For the poison / dark type, I think it's true form should be a fairy but it lost its wings or somehow fell from grace. I think I have been watching too much Seven Deadly Sins or Malificent. All of the folklore of the middle ages would make for some great storyline inspirations.

Same goes for Egypt.

I wanted to say Gen 8 but page 1218 was only about eighteen days ago. I gotta go with page 1400 for the win.

Damn, I wish there was a reveal for that secret Eeveelution art card design somewhere already so I could take that off my date list. We all know it's nothing anyway.

I think it will be 1400 first, especially if we get some good things to talk about, or any potential leakage, but as long as the announcement comes around the times we are predicting than I think Gen 8 will happen before 1500. Who knows though shrug

Once we get some word of what we could potentially get such as starters, legends, boxes, or even the inspired region, literally every forum will explode with theories, rumours and expectations and go into overdrive.

If we're getting a 'port to next generation' in the movie I expect it to be revealed on February 6 since it’ll be 810th Pokemon and we're pretty much guaranteed something about the movie on that day duets it being Mewtwo's birthday in Mewtwo's year for the Mewtwo movie.

If it's not a gen 8 reveal I can definitely see it being a mythical reveal. But that would mean they would be doing another victini so idk.

Hey guys I saw this on twitter
Whats your opinion about this?

If you compare the map geography in Alola's Geothermal Power Plant and LGPE's they have a similar landmass, but LGPE's has a smaller landmass floating ontop that Alola's doesnt seem to have as well as the different colours present on the handle. ( although that could be that the 3ds washes out colour ) Said landmass also is in a slightly different position on the calendar too, although that could be a perspective thing.

I wonder what that means ?

Okay, either GF is trolling us like absolute crazy and wanting us to believe that the calendar has some sort of meaning behind it, and really it's just nothing at all.

Or we looking at something that is hinting at generation 8. That is definitely the same shape as the one in LGPE (the landmass above does look smaller, but I think it might just be the graphics in the image or of the 3DS just not being able to bring it out right.

Part of me really thinks, really hopes that it's pointing towards the next region for the next games. But the other part of me wonders would they use a hint in multiple titles? I'm not sure about previous generations, but as far as I know the hint we had ingame for SM was only in XY (the strange souvenir), and maybe there were other repeated hints for those games, or previous titles, but that is quite interesting that the same calendar shows up twice.

I wonder if anyone ever noticed it and talked about it before. Like before the one was discovered in LGPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom