• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magearna was revealed before! CoroCoro leaked it on February 10th, it was officially revealed on the 14th, and Sun and Moon was announced on the 27th. =3
Thanks, I was looking for a date around online, but it was only giving me the day the event started.

I think we should definitely keep an eye out on CoroCoro this month if this generation will continue the pattern of revealing a Pokemon in February.

What type of pokemon do you think we will get a peak at first? a mythical?
Having it be a mythical seems like the easiest route for them, get hype up with an adorable looking mythical Pokemon. But personally I hope we get a random Pokemon. it would be a neat little way to lead up into the region. Maybe it's a Pokemon that a key character in the games has, so when we see the character with their Pokemon, we'll be like "oh hey that's the one from CoroCoro." I also love when they reveal normal Pokemon in the anime before the actual generation. So leaking them with CoroCoro beforehand, and having their true reveal in the anime is a cool idea.

What type of pokemon do you think we will get a peak at first? a mythical?
Random pokemon - Black/White (Zorua/Zoroark - movie related)
Starters + Legends - X/Y ---Sylveon (movie related)
Mythical - Sun/Moon (Magearna - movie related).

We would have starters + Legends if they'll release a full trailer; a random pokemon or a mythical if this pokemon will be featured in one of the upcoming movies; a new eeveelution if there'll be a short before the movie like the one with sylveon.

they still have a slight relevance imo at least in the sense that we won't get the first reveal from them surely, but they'll at least mention something

like if we are getting some kind of movie reveal this month that acts as a port to the next generation (mythical for instance), corocoro this month would mention a surprise for next month so they could showcase it in the next issue after the reveal

I think the way they are treating the switch release by revealing the development of it way ahead and assuring fans repeatedly and using terms like core fans for the first time officially, that they will treat the upcoming months very differently to the ds and 3ds era. In the interviews since LGPE, they seem to be addressing older fans too and constantly addressing worries that people bought up. Almost seems like they are attracting a different target audience. That alone is extremely huge.

Last edited:
I think the way they are treating the switch release by revealing the development of it way ahead and assuring fans repeatedly and using terms like core fans for the first time officially, that they will treat the upcoming months very differently to the ds and 3ds era. In the interviews since LGPE, they seem to be addressing older fans too and constantly addressing worries that people bought up. Almost seems like they are attracting a different target audience. That alone is extremely huge.

It's just PR talk. Companies do that all of the time to placate fanbases, it doesn't necessarily indicate anything. I'll believe things have changed for the better when I see it. The games have been mediocre for a while now and they have a lot to prove.

It's just PR talk. Companies do that all of the time to placate fanbases, it doesn't necessarily indicate anything. I'll believe things have changed for the better when I see it. The games have been mediocre for a while now and they have a lot to prove to the general public.

Pokemon has never done it like this however, thats giving a lot some more confidence Gamefreak wont adopt the same safe childish path as usual. But yeah you are right, they have so much to proof especially for good online interface / features lol

Pokemon has never done it like this however, thats giving a lot some more confidence Gamefreak wont adopt the same safe childish path as usual.

The only thing they've really done differently is tease this game well ahead of its release. Usually we have no confirmation a new game is coming until the year of its release when they're ready to give us a full name, release date, and other details.

But yeah you are right, they have so much to proof especially for good online interface / features lol

Online is the least of my concerns right now. I'm more worried about things like:

Can this game win back the fans that are sick of the rampant casualization in the last several games?
Can they keep the traditional gameplay instead of letting the Let's Go formula permeate the entire series?
Can they provide enough open-endedness and exploration for a console experience?
Can they provide enough extra content/post game for a console experience?

I'm literally to the point where I'm going to quit the series if this game doesn't turn things around in those aspects.

All very safe bets except for the two teams thing. All of this is plausible.

Well, the Hoenn games actually did most similar to what the leak described, granted we don't know what the supposed version differences would be in comparison.

Thought the idea of post-game mascots was the more outlandish, but it could just mean non-catchable during the main story like the formes of Kyurem-B/W were.

The only thing they've really done differently is tease this game well ahead of its release. Usually we have no confirmation a new game is coming until the year of its release when they're ready to give us a full name, release date, and other details.

Online is the least of my concerns right now. I'm more worried about things like:

Can this game win back the fans that are sick of the rampant casualization in the last several games?
Can they keep the traditional gameplay instead of letting the Let's Go formula permeate the entire series?
Can they provide enough open-endedness and exploration for a console experience?
Can they provide enough extra content/post game for a console experience?

I'm literally to the point where I'm going to quit the series if this game doesn't turn things around in those aspects.

Well the first games of each generation historically have had little to no postgame, so I wouldnt hold my breath for that

But everything else I agree with. Exploration should be the biggest thing about Pokemon, we need to break away from the linear aspect of Pokemon badly.

Well the first games of each generation historically have had little to no postgame, so I wouldnt hold my breath for that

But everything else I agree with. Exploration should be the biggest thing about Pokemon, we need to break away from the linear aspect of Pokemon badly.

Not necessarily. DP and BW have had better post games than even games like ORAS or USUM, the first games definitely have less than the others, but there's been a definite decrease across the board. That would be what I'd be looking for in this game's post game

I know insiders in the industry have talked on a device like the pokeball + for Gen 8, not sure if I believe the rumours as they have been there for a long while.

A lot of this leak is fairly safe in general.

Not necessarily. DP and BW have had better post games than even games like ORAS or USUM, the first games definitely have less than the others, but there's been a definite decrease across the board. That would be what I'd be looking for in this game's post game

It depends what content you like, both had less than their following version.

A lot of BW's was less meaty than DP's however.

Box legends only appear post game? Hmm...

I like the thought of a pokemon circus, but only if it's a performance type thing like contests.

edit: oh, I missed the part where it's like local and online things. sounds like what s/m/us/um did..

The Wonder leak is quite interesting, much of it looking very safe. Maybe a little too safe in some parts. It's also under one name with two different versions apparently, like a codename, so that is also pretty interesting.

The Box legends only appearing in post-game is pretty iffy, because in these last couple generations (and maybe more, I haven't finished a gen 4 or 5 game) the box legends have been part of the story, depending on what version you have. That's whats making me question this a lot. But, it could mean that they are wanting to change up their formula for how they do the story, which is very interesting.

Having 2 teams is also another interesting idea. I've been wanting to see a two evil team thing again, after getting to experience it in ORAS, and it's a pretty cool idea. And having the main antagonist not being a part of either team would make the two team thing feel more new and different from what RSE and ORAS did.

Runes that can be used to customize abilities is really throwing me off though. Will we be able to freely choose the abilities for our Pokemon? is it some other ability thing?

Overall, I really like the idea of it, but I won't put my money into it being the real thing just yet, maybe wait till we see more. Quite a cool rumor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom