• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beluga has to do with communication, which was an important theme of the game (Communication with Pikachu and Eevee).

Even the other code names, although they sound different, work well with what they represent. B2/W2’s was Swan and US/UM was Autumn Leaves or something like that. Both represented the “end” of something. B2/W2 was the Swan Song of the DS, the last Pokémon game before the 3DS. And US/UM is the Autumn before the Switch’s Winter.
Gonna add that LGPE could communicate with Pokémon Go, too, which was kind of a big feature.

Also sending out a call to the whale that is Go's userbase. XD

@PocketMonster Why would they base the codename (which it isn't even suggested to be) off of the new Festival Plaza? No codename has been based around just one feature.

"Pokemon Circus, includes games, local and online."

could be bigger than the festival plaza. but If it happens to be Italy, people tend to think of Rome and most people I would then think of the famous Amphitheater. So Wonder wouldnt be simply off one feature of the game. It's an iconic landmark, on the New 7 Wonders of the World list and on 7 wonders of the world lists of writers of the the 19th and early 20th centuries. Plus I am only speculating for Fun. The Original Poster could have meant the modern Circus of animals and performers we know of today. Thinking outside the box a little here :)

Wish we would go back to one Mew mythical and no more than five legendaries in a generation- unless they give more point to the mythicals, but in no way do we need more than five legendaries. Just the box mascots and the trio, don't need anything else.
Can we also get a Mythical that has to do with the region? I miss when they foreshadowed the existence of those Pokémon in the games.

Gen I: The Pokémon Mansion had the story of Mewtwo. Fun fact: Mew was only going to be part of Mewtwo's backstory, not an actual Pokémon.
Gen II: The little shrine in Ilex Forest is a reference to Celebi, and people around Azalea mention it.
Beta Gen II: (Speculation) Blue/Buru Forest could be a reference to when Snubbull was apparently a Mythical.
Gen III: (Migh be a stretch) The little girl in front of the white stone in Mossdeep City sounds like she was foreshadowing Jirachi and Deoxys.
Gen IV: Darkrai is almost mentioned by name when he is affecting Eldritch's son. Shaymin is foreshadowed by Marley and Arceus is mentioned in the myths. Manaphy was only mentioned in Platinum.
Gen V: Can't remember anyone or anywhere mentioning Victini, but I remember that they mentioned a fourth member of the Swords of Justice, and I'm sure they indirectly mention Meloetta somewhere. The P2 Lab is a reference to Genesect.

Sadly, these references stopped in Gen VI.

By the way...where are the February leakers? Those who claim we will have an announcement in the next (1-23) Days?

P.s. I know we should stop looking for hints in Masuda's tweets but since the last time he hinted at something was through merchandise, I decided to post this:

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1092338715718934529
Since he made a close up on those 3 plushies, the only thing I can see is the colours behind them: pink, green and purple. Maybe pink and green will be the colours of the new games box arts, I just remembered that in James Turner new year tweet "2019" was written in pink and green.

Last edited:
could be bigger than the festival plaza. but If it happens to be Italy, people tend to think of Rome and most people I would then think of the famous Amphitheater. So Wonder wouldnt be simply off one feature of the game. It's an iconic landmark, on the New 7 Wonders of the World list and on 7 wonders of the world lists of writers of the the 19th and early 20th centuries. Plus I am only speculating for Fun. The Original Poster could have meant the modern Circus of animals and performers we know of today. Thinking outside the box a little here :)
Even as an iconic landmark, it's still only serving a small purpose in the game. It'd be like naming XY Eiffel because they featured Lumiose Tower. It's not a bad naming scheme, but it's clearly not what Game Freak is doing.

By the way...where are the February leakers? Those who claim we will have an announcement in the next (1-23) Days?

P.s. I know we should stop looking for hints in Masuda's tweets but since the last time he hinted at something was through merchandise, I decided to post this:

Since he made a close up on those 3 plushies, the only thing I can see is the colours behind them: pink, green and purple. Maybe pink and green will be the colours of the new games box arts, I just remembered that in James Turner new year tweet "2019" was written in pink and green.

thats interesting.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 100
KH3 ost was really good, i don't think any pokemon game will ever that level of emotional music, especially the other promise/vector to heavens arrange.

I think that's more down to the player, and their memories of the games. What's emotional for some could mean nothing for others.

Although I entirely agree, Shimomura has hacked my heart to pieces over the years with her work.

I dunno. I found N's Farewell or Unwavering Emotions to be pretty emotional. And there are some more tracks too.

Unwavering Emotions is one of the best tracks this series has.

Purple: Behind Acerola is the Ghost-Type Mimikyu.
Pink: Behind Lillie is the Psychic-Type Cosmog.
So it’s quite likely Selene has a the Grass-Type Rowlet that’s obscured, hence the Green, as she’s occasionally depicted with Rowlet as her starter.

Anyhow what I’m trying to say is that colours match the types of the Pokémon depicted behind them, I don’t think there’s any meaning beyond that.

Also James Turner also stated his Tweet was not a hint.

Hmm... tweet translation seems to be "To the stock Pokemon... oh!" Mind you, translation provided by Google. But the rough translation makes me wonder if he is perhaps getting ready to put something new on those shelves- and the Sun and Moon NPCs have got to go. =P

Soooo anyone else starting to feel concerned that Mewtwo definitely seems to be getting a new form...? Because we seem to be double whammy this month for Mewtwo-related figurines.
Don't know...still not convinced it's gonna get a new form. Probably a new mechanic like z moves or a stats/ability boost but it seems too early for another form. I mean it is already like a form of mew, then it has two other mega forms, it would be a bit too much. But honestly I don't care, I don't think it's the most likely situation, but I'm ok with it actually getting another form cause I like when pokemon change appearence (like mega evolutions and alola forms...not those forms that requires you to go somewhere to change it like legends forms, I hate those).

Don't know...still not convinced it's gonna get a new form. Probably a new mechanic like z moves or a stats/ability boost but it seems too early for another form. I mean it is already like a form of mew, then it has two other mega forms, it would be a bit too much. But honestly I don't care, I don't think it's the most likely situation, but I'm ok with it actually getting another form cause I like when pokemon change appearence (like mega evolutions and alola forms...not those forms that requires you to go somewhere to change it like legends forms, I hate those).
Two figurines being released for it later this month, though. I mean yeah, it's way early for a new form and definitely doesn't need one, but those two figures concern me because they couldn't be representing anything like a Z-move or stat boost. And boy do we really not need another new form mechanic when we've got Mega Evolution and Regional Variants waiting for more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom