• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt always easy to say what a theme is because it is a lot of subjectivity around themes and everyone could look at the same thing and see something different (like the inkblot studies).

I think we might get something related to the Mewtwo movie, but the Mewtwo movie might not contain any gen 8 hints (or at least, whatever they will show us this week might not).

I havent seen a good leak for a long time, really wish we had some good fake leaks even. Feels very dry right now :(

I still don't think there's been enough smoke at all to expect a significant news drop this week. I'm still rooting for the week of Pokemon day, and I'm even more hopeful since we're likely to get movie news this month anyways (unless that's in March this year since we got the first trailer in Jan instead of December

I don't know...Pokemon day is just a strange marketing gimmick that somehow managed to catch on. I see no reason why that day is somehow more likely then any other weekday in February.

Also, we discussed this earlier, but I really think ultra beast/worm holes/universe space theory stuff will be in gen 8 somehow. What do you guys think?

I don't know...Pokemon day is just a strange marketing gimmick that somehow managed to catch on. I see no reason why that day is somehow more likely then any other weekday in February.

by specifically designating a day to celebrate the franchise every year they've created an opportunity for news. While S/M being announced on pokemon day in 2016 was mainly due to the 20th anniversary, we also haven't had something as big as a new generation since then which would explain why USUM and LGPE weren't announced on those days.

It's a toss up as to whether they'd use that they to announce something again this year, but knowing we're getting a new generation, and have secret merch set to be unveiled the midnight of pokemon day, and a mewtwo secret set to be revealed towards the end of the month, I do think things line up nicely for a news drop around then

What does that have to do with gen 8

It's just people trying to read tea leaves to figure out when we're going to see gen 8 revealed. There is no reason why it would be announced on mewtwo's birthday but there have been rumors going around that mewtwo plays a big roll this gen.

Edit: to be clear I'm also trying to read tea leaves here so this isn't ment as an insult to anyone. But the truth is with nothing else to do we've been trying to figure out the big day of the reveal.

Also, we discussed this earlier, but I really think ultra beast/worm holes/universe space theory stuff will be in gen 8 somehow. What do you guys think?

The whole range of phenomena would certainly be compatible with the enhanced graphical capabilities!!
Now I am trying to think of what parts of the game experience will be most improved graphically. I think all appearances of water might be the top!

It's just people trying to read tea leaves to figure out when we're going to see gen 8 revealed. There is no reason why it would be announced on mewtwo's birthday but there have been rumors going around that mewtwo plays a big roll this gen.

With the amount of info we are being given (any potential leaks and news and whatnot) it's not surprising we are having to resort to these things :LOL:

Lillie and Gladion are stealing Pokemon that the Aether Foundation wants to use for a cause that could be disastrous for their region, it's hardly "just family issues".

1. Lusamine was manipulating her children, too. (It's a pretty major point that Lillie confronts her for treating her children like objects)
  2. That still doesn't mean that N was rebelling. I'm not saying he was being dumb or evil for obeying, but he was undeniably following what was asked of him. That's literally the opposite of rebelling.
  3. N didn't even figure out his situation until the player beat him, and that was because Ghetsis revealed himself. Finding out the truth because someone else told him isn't a sign of a rebellious spirit.
No? Lusamine apologizes in USUM, and SuMo can hardly be considered a happy reunited. And N being alone isn't really an act of rebellion-nobody is telling him to be around other people. (And his being without a family is because Ghetsis was arrested, which, again, wasn't done by N)

But just a few sentences after this, you say that the titles being Sun/Moon indicate light being a theme?

Cresselia, with almost all of its dex entries talking about how its tail shines like the moon, has nothing to do with moonlight?

And because it was one of the first cities to use gaslights on a large scale.

Agreed that the cover legendaries have strong ties to light, but they're not made of light, and they don't evolve based on it.

I agree that a prism that gives off light is a clear connection to light. What I don't understand is why you follow this logic for Necrozma, but you see Prism Tower as being totally unrelated.

No, Rockruff evolves depending on the time of day. You can evolve it indoors or in a cave, away from the light, and it will still evolve. (It's the same evolution method as Umbreon and Espeon, actually, but you said that didn't count because night and day aren't related to light)

These are all only in USUM. (and, frankly, are three points about the same thing) Shouldn't the theme of the games be involved in all of them?

Since when is evolving a Rockruff a major plot event? Or the titles and codename of the games?

I'm not saying it has no relevance, I'm saying that it's the theme of the legendaries, but not of the whole game. Most of the points that you make keep coming back to the Light trio-the plot elements of USUM, the legendaries, and the Z-Crystals-with the only exceptions being the Aether Foundation, the evolution of one Pokemon, and the measurements used in Ultra Space.

So the codename (only used in development) being Rainbow is evidence towards light being a theme, but a cover legendary shining in the colors of the rainbow is a stretch? And a time-based evolution that's not part of the game's plot is evidence, but a required plot using the Light Pokemon to power a lighthouse is a stretch?

I'm not even arguing that light was the main theme, just that it was significantly used, to show that using a theme doesn't mean it can't be used again in a stronger way later.
Think what you want :) We simply disagree

Pokemon Day is the anniversary of the release of Pokemon Red and Green so... it's not like it was randomly assigned for marketing purposes.

Honestly I couldn't care less about a Pokémon Direct or Pokémon news.
I only want a general Direct.

oof.
XD This is kind of an odd place to hang out if you don't care about Pokemon news.

Though I admit, I'm pretty chill on expecting Pokemon news at the moment because I don't think we'll get anything major until the end of the month anyway- gotta find out what those dumb figurines are. >=/

Pokemon Day is the anniversary of the release of Pokemon Red and Green so... it's not like it was randomly assigned for marketing purposes.

That's a good point, I keep forgetting that because I always remember R/B coming out in the fall but yeah R/G were a thing. That being said I hope everyone waiting for news can keep their blood presser down because that's at the end of the month and we have a bit of a wait. And I still think we could get something sooner but one never knows with Pokémon.

XD This is kind of an odd place to hang out if you don't care about Pokemon news.

Though I admit, I'm pretty chill on expecting Pokemon news at the moment because I don't think we'll get anything major until the end of the month anyway- gotta find out what those dumb figurines are. >=/

There are a lot of people on these forms that are not as into Pokémon as one might expect, some only played gen 1 and 2. Others have never been into Pokémon and it's like ??? OK but why post here?

Anyways Nintendo keeps announcing stuff, they just announced Etrin Odyssey Nexus today so I'm wondering what is going on with that Nintendo direct.

To be fair, is not like I don't really care about Pokémon news — is just that I feel that Nintendo overall should focus on shedding some light into this year's releases + a few more.
If, for some reason, Pokémon gets focus this month and they show something about the games that would be cool, of course— but where's the rest? I didn't buy the Switch for Pokémon only. The only 2019 Nintendo game we know so far with a release date is Yoshi's Crafted World :/

sadness

EDIT: You would see me on the first wagon of hype train when they decide to drop Pokémon news, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom