• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, I'm a bit more busy now, just had the worst migraine and all i want to do is sleep even though I really want to play KH3 and be hyped. Anyways, Paul loaded this video on YouTube:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yFJHQvNK8

If I feel any better late, I'll edit this post with a TL;DR unless someone here would be kind to do it for me? Thanks if so. Anyways, cheers, and seya when my head returns to normal.

Anyone else hear about the whole “mocha Pokémon” thing circulating? I don’t see any proof or direct source as to where it originally came from, but it’s been brought up a few times.

About the whole voice acting thing (it’s a little late) voice acting Iirc (I read some where’s) was one of the most liked features in Pokémon yellow. But I think they only had a voice for Pikachu. As to whether or no it will fit in Pokémon right now... If anybody can make it work, gamefreak can do it. If anyone can ruin it, gamefreak can do it. It depends on how they implement it, if they do.

Of all the popular fake leak titles, I think You and Me and Plus and Minus are the ones I could see being real one day- kind of a shame that they've got such fake leak stigma attached to them now.

Anyone else hear about the whole “mocha Pokémon” thing circulating? I don’t see any proof or direct source as to where it originally came from, but it’s been brought up a few times.

About the whole voice acting thing (it’s a little late) voice acting Iirc (I read some where’s) was one of the most liked features in Pokémon yellow. But I think they only had a voice for Pikachu. As to whether or no it will fit in Pokémon right now... If anybody can make it work, gamefreak can do it. If anyone can ruin it, gamefreak can do it. It depends on how they implement it, if they do.
Mocha pokemon? XD First I've heard of it- what's it supposed to be?

Shhh... don't encourage them.

At least it would be debunked soon. :enzap:

Do you mean mecha Pokémon? I think people are refering to the "Mecha Pikachu" promotion we have recently.

I really hope the titles are something completely unexpected.
Pokémon Expect and Unexpect! Pokémon Surprise and Expect! Pokémon Forseen and Unforseen!

You know what actually? What about Pokémon Real and Pokémon Fake? One legendary could be organic and the other could be robotic. Plus the titles themselves would kind of be self-aware.

Not again... Mecha Pokémon is what I meant.
Oh okay. XD That makes more sense- attack of the autocorrect?

Well, I think it may have been brought up in this thread briefly, but it wasn't discussed at much length because it was based on the mecha Pikachu like Myth pointed out. It actually could be kind of an interesting concept if they introduced some sort of robotic pokemon- granted, we've already got Magearna for pokebots, I guess.

If the secret figurine is Armored Mewtwo (there's your mecha), then at least it saves me the headache of seeing another poorly designed form. But the obvious downside is that the armor was a weapon that Mewtwo rejected for a reason. It isn't meant to be treated as a selling point.

Speaking of Magearna... Pokeball Magearna and AZ’s Floette are still out there. And AZ’s Floette’s Signature Move animation was updated in Sun/Moon...

Even though the popular opinion is that it won’t happen... Maybe Gen 8 will feature some sort of Kalos connection. And 3 of the most rumoured regions are Spain, Italy, or Britain/England. All 3 of them are close to France (Kalos). Spain and Italy are connected, and London England is just across the ocean.

Well, a mocha Pokémon would have been completely unexpected and out of the left field. Now I want to see how that would look like.
XD Well, there's this-
181109_01.jpg

Speaking of Magearna... Pokeball Magearna and AZ’s Floette are still out there. And AZ’s Floette’s Signature Move animation was updated in Sun/Moon...

Even though the popular opinion is that it won’t happen... Maybe Gen 8 will feature some sort of Kalos connection. And 3 of the most rumoured regions are Spain, Italy, or Britain/England. All 3 of them are close to France (Kalos). Spain and Italy are connected, and London England is just across the ocean.
That Floette also received a pokedex entry in USUM, so strange things certainly going on around that one. I still think it's way too early for a return to Kalos, but a connection to Kalos seems plausible.

Knowing the titles of the games would give us an idea about the main themes.

So far, we have:

Red and Green (JP)/ Red and Blue (US) - None(?) (the begining)/Nature and Genetics maybe?
Gold and Silver - Dawn and Dusk/Day and Night/Rebirth and Collapse (?) (falls)/Peace and Catastrophe (?) (In fact, as said in some interview, this duo - Lugia and Ho-Oh - referred to many dualities at once);
Ruby and Sapphire - Land and Sea
Diamond and Pearl - Time and Space
Black and White - Ideals and Truth
X and Y - Creation and Destruction(?)/Life and Death
Sun and Moon - Meetings and Farewells (confirmed by Ohmori)

I wonder what the next main themes would be.

Last edited:

So far, we have:

Red and Green (JP)/ Red and Blue (US) - None(?) (the begining)/Nature and Genetics maybe?
Gold and Silver - Dawn and Dusk/Day and Night/Rebirth and Collapse (?) (falls)/Peace and Catastrophe (?) (In fact, as said in some interview, this duo - Lugia and Ho-oh - referred to many dualities at once);

Would it give us an idea about the main themes...? Because none of those titles seem to relate to any of those themes. XD

So far, we have:

Gold and Silver - Dawn and Dusk/Day and Night/Rebirth and Collapse (?) (falls)/Peace and Catastrophe (?) (In fact, as said in some interview, this duo - Lugia and Ho-oh - referred to many dualities at once);

Eating and starving

Would it give us an idea about the main themes...? Because none of those titles seem to relate to any of those themes. XD

That's true lol. But I meant, titles like the speculated titles so far, like Past and Future, Harmony and Melody, and others, could give us some clue about (or not).

Edit - To be fair, it is possible to connect Black and White with the duality of ideals and truth, and Sun and Moon with the theme of Meetings and Farewells, in a very metaphorical way. But I agree that we would hardly get to those themes with just the titles.

Last edited:
We've already been waiting since July 2017 when they first mentioned the games, what's another 5 days?

Inb4 its fucking nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom