• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the games aren't revealed this month I'll be very worried.
Usually a brand new generation gets a long reveal period, announced Jan/Feb released around Nov.
Only games that are remakes or 3rd instalments get later announcements because there is less to cover/reveal.
Which if this is the case for Gen 8 would suggest there's not much for them to focus on.

Usually a brand new generation gets a long reveal period, announced Jan/Feb released around Nov.
Only games that are remakes or 3rd instalments get later announcements because there is less to cover/reveal.
Which if this is the case for Gen 8 would suggest there's not much for them to focus on.
I don't know, I fully believe that we will get something next month at the latest, and the Sun/Moon news cycle was overly revealing so cutting it one month short wouldn't be the worst thing. Heck, wouldn't even be a month short- probably only a couple weeks at most.

Its probably better if the games are revealed slightly later in order to cut down on the news droughts we all know and hate.

Besides, Sun and Moon were revealed at the end of February if I recall so there is still plenty of time for something to appear.

BW was revealed in April.

im pretty sure the first things to be revealed are the logos for the games. maybe the titles and that's about it. after the silence, i still find that something to look forward too and can be something to talk about. I wouldnt expect new shadows of pokemon or new pokemon reveals.

I don't know, I fully believe that we will get something next month at the latest, and the Sun/Moon news cycle was overly revealing so cutting it one month short wouldn't be the worst thing. Heck, wouldn't even be a month short- probably only a couple weeks at most.
Sun and Moon had so many trailers that they could have spread it out to march and april and we still wouldn't be in a drought

Well that's not a good sign :p those games are regularly ranked last.
More like "often", and anyway, they had more than enough content for longer coverage. TPCi chose to keep it relatively short and to the point, which is what they'd done with previous generations outside of anime debuts.

It doesn't really matter when the games will be announced because the real coverage will most likely start in May and end in November, just like SM's.

There are so many possibilities...So many possibilities that can lead to a late announcement happening.

Imo, I think that just one of them is likely, and it's the one I believe will happen. But even though I don't find the others so likely, there would be many possibilities for a late announcement to happen, other than "not having content to show".

The problem is that the community is stuck with patterns, and forget that we are no longer in 3DS, that this game will be not XY or Sun and Moon, and that the general situation is different now. There may be changes for various plausible reasons.

Edit - Just a correction, I believe the first trailer will be shown late, but if with "announcement" and "long reveal period" you mean just a teaser with a silent period after, I think we may have a teaser before. But I know we might not have a teaser before, and that would not mean that the game has "less content."

Well that's not a good sign :p those games are regularly ranked last.

If you think that way, it would be a good sign, since Black and White were one of the generation-starter games with more content of the series so far.

It is also one of the best-selling generation-starter games in Japan to date (behind only of RG, GS and DP).

And it's also the title that holds the second place of fastest-selling Pokémon game record of Japan (behind only of GS).

All that with a late "announcement".

Last edited:
Considering we need to take the anime in consideration since the episodes are planned and produced six months in advance, if we don't get anything in February or March, then gen 8 most likely will not release in 2019, because then they most likely don't have the full pokemon roster for gen 8 complete.

Valentines is HUGE in Japan. What you mean man? If it wasnt, then all of Pokemon's outlets wouldn't be talking about it and promoting it.

Thats not what I meant. I meant events are typically reserved for Japanese specific holidays. Not worldwide holidays inspired by the romans.
They havent released an event for valentines yet as far as I know or anything unique. Nor is the flower Floette is associated with is marketed for valentines. However fairies and sprites can be for some cultures, so if you really stretch it, you could possibly see it. But the point remains, we would have seen it years ago if this was the case.

Unlikely for an event like valentines, since events are typically based around Japanese specific holidays, cultural events and store openings. But they could just tweak Floette to a spring or flower like festival holiday and release if they really wanted. Don’t see it as likely however as we would have had it 6 years ago if that was the case. Dunno why they gave it a USUM dex entry if they won’t do anything with it.
Tbf, Valentine's big enough a thing for them to do something for. They also do Christmas and Halloween, any popular holiday really. If not in some kind of in-game promo like an event, tournament, or give-away, then there's merch (there's always merch). I was just saying, if they really would, it would probably have been announced already...

You're taking this whole thing a lot more serious than intended...

Tbf, Valentine's big enough a thing for them to do something for. They also do Christmas and Halloween, any popular holiday really. If not in some kind of in-game promo like an event, tournament, or give-away, then there's merch (there's always merch). I was just saying, if they really would, it would probably have been announced already...

You're taking this whole thing a lot more serious than intended...

Point is, we would have seen this 6 years ago if this was the case lol
We typically dont get events for worldwide holiday traditions for the games, Pokemon Go is different of course where we always get the luvdisk and pink pokemon events and the ice christmas events. Although they do make a big deal with the Halloween events ingame, so there is that. That is a good point.

Def agreed, if we were to get something, it def would have been revealed ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom