• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been so long since we found out about this thing, long enough for me to actually completely drop the series about 6 months ago, I only came back a couple of weeks ago in hope of finally seeing this thing but alas, it is nil

I always get confused with gen numbers, but my favourite game was Ruby. I loved the whole atmosphere of it, and I loved Omega Ruby because of that. Gen 1 will always be nostalgic, it was my first ever game and console (GBC) that were mine alone, and I still have a habit of naming my fire starters Char because my oh-so-creative nine-year-old brain thought that was an amazing name for my Charmander.

But I've never really hated any game. I loved Pearl, and the totally new dex of BW blew my mind - I stayed up well into the night playing that one. I was so excited when XY were announced and I actually really enjoyed playing X (diagonal movement!) And I loved the new rpg-ness and the dynamic npcs in Sun (Though that was the first Pokemon game I still haven't completed because, while most of it wowed me, the number of cutscenes just kind of put me off. I might try to complete it again once gen 8 is announced).

I'm looking forward to the new games being announced because I know it'll be exciting for me - purely because it's a game series I've enjoyed since my childhood. I just hope Gamefreak can learn from some of their mistakes.

(Edited some autocorrect errors)

BW was one of the generation starter games with more content, and I don't think anybody questions that? And in Japan (where had the announcement in April) was one of the most successful to date, as I said. I don't think it has anything to do with opinions, actually.

Even if in polls made in the west the fifth generation is in last place, opinion is something subjective, so I didn't understand what that would be supposed to prove regarding the previous discussion about announcement dates and content.

But since everyone is sharing their favorites, I liked all generations, but my favorite generation was the sixth (even though I think that objectively it was not one of the best generations). :bulbaWave:

Last edited:
I have a very weird stance on how I rank the games. For example,Gen 7 does a lot of good things, but ultimately, I think it is my least favorite because of how disjointed and small the region felt; which I think is a weird thing for me to say because if you asked me to rank the games, it would be something like:

1. Platinum
  2. HG/SS
  3. Sun/Moon/USUM
  4. ORAS
  5. B2W2
  6. XY
  7. Let's Go (yes, I know I haven't played it)
  8. Black and White

It's number three, but I don't think I'll ever want to replay it. XY is also number 6, but its the one I've replayed the most on this list. So, as you can see, I'm very conflicted about how to answer which game I think is the best. Every game is actually pretty unique and offers different experiences and reasons to play. Also, as far as Pokemon designs go, Gen 3 probably has my favorite designs. I love and have used all of them in my many play-throughs of Emerald (except for Luvdisc). While there are very few Pokemon designs I outright dislike in other Gens, there are I lot that I will actively avoid using. Gen 3 doesn't really have this problem for me. I keep hoping for a game that somehow manages to combine all the good parts from all of these games into one amazing game.

Can someone post me the CoroCoro cover that is gonna be released this month? I know someone mentioned there's nothing Pokémon-related on it, but I need to it first.

So really, the only reason we need an announcement now is out of courtesy since we the fans (and maybe the investors as well) want to know what's coming for the franchise, but we learn so little about them that you could push it off until later and the only thing lost is not getting a sparse few details.

The thing is, we already know a game is coming since last year or so? If we have a reveal this month, an announcement of the titles only would just be kind of moot since it is barely any new information. Alternatively, they can show actual game footage but it's still way too early if there's no (somewhat) immediate follow up. Even if they do, I'd rather they not since they'll end up revealing everything about the game before its release like they did with SM. So either way, there's really no need to make an announcement this month and have yet another 3 month news drought.

What I'll prefer is having some anime reveal of a new pokemon, really ambiguous such that you can't tell what the region its from is based on, and then an announcement in May, closer to the movie date, with the whole she-bang. I'll go absolutely crazy if the first trailer is included as some kind of post-credit scene for the Detective Movie.

Have to wait until someone can get a copy and also translate, so it can be a few days after release before we will know if theres anything pokemon specific or worthwhile sharing too.

hopefully by the 14th we will have some idea of what to expect.

Have to wait until someone can get a copy and also translate, so it can be a few days after release before we will know if theres anything pokemon specific or worthwhile sharing too.

hopefully by the 14th we will have some idea of what to expect.
What if CoroCoro leaks before release date, like normally?

Sun and Moon were announced on February 27, 2016, with Magearna being revealed a few weeks prior. So things feel like they are in line with tradition in my viewpoint.

My first comment on the topic was
Gen 5 is deemed by many as the weakest generation. If you ran a poll of favourite generations, Gen 5 would likely come last.
Of course its all opinions, there are Gen 5 fans out there, the poster at the top of this page for example, but they are probably the smallest of the 7 groups

Polls about the anime do not equal polls about the individual generations/games. A poll here on Bulbagarden has B2/W2 as one of the favorite games of the series along with Platinum. I think you underestimate the popularity of Gen 5.

Sun and Moon were announced on February 27, 2016, with Magearna being revealed a few weeks prior. So things feel like they are in line with tradition in my viewpoint.
Except CoroCoro almost surely doesn't feature a new Pokemon this time around. They didn't even promise big news last month, which they did in 2016.

Just to add my own view on the topic of best gens, here is my, maybe a bit controversial, opinion: 4 and 6 are the best gens because of their worlds and the new mons and characters. Everything before Gen 4 is completely unplayable nowadays.

Also, I have been a more-or-less active pokémon fan since the early 2000s, and Gen v was definitely getting the most hate out of all games from what I heard. I personally like the games in hindsight, but completely removing previous gens wasn't the best idea imo, especially since I loved all the new evolutions in Gen 4.

Gen 2 is probably the worst in terms of pokémon imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom