• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here think that Gen 8 will be revealed in April/May? I don't think so because that's too late for an announcement of Pokémon's first home console core series game.
I think we'll have the first trailer (not teaser) at early May. But I think we can and that we should have a teaser before that, with the titles at least.

Last edited:
Those sparse details could be enough to get the fanbase hyped though. One of the things fans are going to be looking to see is how improved the graphics and the overworld are. Even a few screenshots or gameplay clips could answer that. If we're going to be waiting a while anyway to see the real meat of the reveals, they may as well show something in the meantime. Remember, we've known about this game for over 6 months. We've already had a long wait and fans are antsy for information on the game. Having at least something for the next 3 months would at least keep the fans engaged. Yes, it's not much but something is better than nothing.

I don't necessarily disagree, but can you really say that just getting the titles and Magearna for SM was enough to keep people invested in the discussion for three months? Even XY with its more substantial reveals had a burnout heading towards May and I remember some dropping out of discussion for other games until that point. Ultimately, if the intent is to keep people engaged throughout the year, the early part is still rather limited since there's only so much that you can recycle the small amount of discussion points given, so fans still get antsy again and the tease we get just serves as a small fix to a bigger problem.

In a sense, it's like the new restaurant offering you a taste of their meat platter, but making you wait until next week to get the full thing. Yeah the taste is appreciated and it gives you something to look forward to, but you can do without it and focus on other things before its grand opening later on.

While I agree that Gen 4 overdid it a bit when it came to the amount of Legendary Pokémon, I was actually very pleased with the way they were handled in Gen 7. The Tapus role as active island guardians given was heavy focus. Even the Island Challenge has been created in honour of their great benevolence. They also influence the islands and their inhabitants directly. Take Tapu Bulu for example, who destroys the Thrifty Megamart as punishment for the people who built it on its sacred grounds. That said, Type: Null and Silvally pale in comparison and don't feel like real Legendary Pokémon to me at all.

I'd like to see more Legendary Pokémon that feel involved with their world, like the Tapus. Or at least Legendary Pokémon with interesting lore or mystery behind them to truly justify their Legendary status, such as the Regi Trio.

I agree with this, I don't mind the number so much as I mind how they're utilized. Gen 6 had the second least number of legendaries in the franchise, but none of them stuck with me as Xerneas and Yveltal were underdeveloped, Zygarde had to wait until the sidequest in SM to get anything to it, and the Mythicals started to lose their personality and connection to the region to become glorified trophies. The low number of them did nothing to make them feel more legendary and in a lot of ways they were lacking in comparison to the majority of their counterpart in other generations. The intent for legendaries should be focused more on implementing them better so that they stand out, not cutting off the number of them arbitrarily and leaving with a small amount that may not feel special regardless.

With that said, I think Hoenn's number would be a good middle ground for many since it wasn't that many over Johto, but isn't as high as Sinnoh.

So, I just looked at his replies under that tweet. If this turns out to be true, there will be 100-110 new mons and you will revisit kalos. I really hope he is right, this sounds really cool.
Revisiting Kalos is unlikely IMO. We haven't seen anything like that since Gen II, and I would think GameFreak would want Gen VIII to stand on its own.

Xeno // PikaCinema‏ @XenoChu Feb 2
fair enough. are they credible?

SacredFroakie‏ Feb 2
Yes they are the ones that told me yoshi’s crafted world and fire emblem would be delayed to 2019.

~~~~~
This is from the overall comment thread ^^

There seems to be a lot more information that they have about Gen 8, compared to a simple leak like game delays! The information does all sound very good especially there is mention of the art style, although it is written strangely (as though Sacredfroakie had been able to see it themselves? but maybe it is just how they chose to write it)

As I said, I was already skeptical about before, but now he is totally debunking himself, he still replying people, and is spreading too much information for a leaker.

And even mentioned Pokémon Bank. It is unlikely that information about the Bank will come from the same source as the information about the upcoming games. And if it happens as in XY, Game Freak may not even have decided how to transfer between the seventh and eighth generation yet.

I like what that guy's saying, but a lot of it is what people want anyway. I'd not be disappointed if he was right though.

Here's everything mentioned in this rumor, for reference:

The region is based on the UK.
Both Crown & Sceptre and Plus & Minus are fake.
It will be revealed in a Pokemon Direct on February 14th.
The player will be able to revisit Kalos.
There are between 100-110 new Pokemon.
PokeBank will come to the Switch.
The game will not use LGPE's graphics.
The camera can be controlled through the right stick.
The evil team is like Team Plasma.
The games are not open world, but the routes and cities are bigger than in previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom