• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. That would be far too preachy.

Hmm. In a subtextual kind of way, all Pokémon games encourage love over hate. Good over evil. Open-mindedness over judgement. It’s realy all one and the same. I’m not sure how encouraging love can be considered ‘preachy’ but that’s just my opinion.

I saw someone mention Pokémon Love and Pokémon Hate as potential titles... forgive me if that was a joke but there’s more chance of a Pokémon game being called Pokémon Digimon than there is of one being called Pokémon Hate lol.

Isn’t there a heart on the kings crown? Or at least it’s somewhat shaped like a heart?

Maybe Pokémon King & Queen? (I know it’s been mentioned before).

About Eeveelutions, it has been mentioned before, but each eeveelution seems to mean something for that generation/is used to show off a new feature.

Sylveon was there to show off a new type, I believe leafeon/glaceon where used to show off the physical/special split (look at their movesets).

So if there is one or more in Gen 8... It will have to show something.

Do you guys think it is possible we will get a Sinnoh + Unova remake in one?

How about Unova and Kalos? Tie together the two brothers, AZ, and the war 3000 years ago. Add southern Kalos connecting the two with some new Pokémon. Talk about infinity energy and somehow involve the original dragon (have it fight Zygarde complete).

Hmm. In a subtextual kind of way, all Pokémon games encourage love over hate. Good over evil. Open-mindedness over judgement. It’s realy all one and the same. I’m not sure how encouraging love can be considered ‘preachy’ but that’s just my opinion.
Using it for a title and contrasting it with Hate would make it too in-your-face. Regardless, I am not sure what kind of message they'd send to players of the Hate version. Oops, wrong game?

Or a Sinnoh-Unova-Kalos game :O
It would never happen though. My dreams. Haha

But for real, what if there were 2 regions. What if one existed in one game and the other in the other game, eventually crossing over some or a lot near the climax of the game. Summer and Winter would work nicely as titles for games like these.

It would also be a good excuse to bring back Seasons. Gen V really was pretty great because of that mechanic and it FUCKING MAKES SENSE for natural Pokemon habitats that mirror the real world. This is one feature I actually do expect to see in this new game.

But for real, what if there were 2 regions. What if one existed in one game and the other in the other game, eventually crossing over some or a lot near the climax of the game. Summer and Winter would work nicely as titles for games like these.
Or north and south?

It would also be a good excuse to bring back Seasons. Gen V really was pretty great because of that mechanic and it FUCKING MAKES SENSE for natural Pokemon habitats that mirror the real world. This is one feature I actually do expect to see in this new game.

Yes :):) It would have probably been too complicated to add seasons to X & Y with that being the first exploration of full 3D, having to make however many extra graphics would be needed per season, but it may have been considered in early stages to keep seasons a reoccurring phenomenon in the games. Of course with Sun & Moon it would not have really fit!

Now is definitely a brilliant time for seasons again!! By extention of course weather is something that could be expanded upon in surprising and beautiful ways!

Isn’t there a heart on the kings crown? Or at least it’s somewhat shaped like a heart?

Maybe Pokémon King & Queen? (I know it’s been mentioned before).
It'd be really weird to use hearts to hint at crowns, wouldn't it? They're almost two different symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom