• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun moon reveal direct was announced I think 21 hours before it went up. Don't know if that helps, but it's good information.

Yes; it is very helpful!! I suppose that Nintendo/Pokemon Company must have some sort of statistics from previous Directs that tell them that is ok to announce rather close in time to the presentation!

Ah wait a second. S/M was two days before. Maybe I'm thinking of the x/y one? I'll check.

edit: Yep, that was the x/y one. I'll edit my original post.

edit 2: as for sun and moon...
direct announced - noon gmt, February 24th

trademarks found - 2 pm gmt, February 25th

direct - 3 pm gmt? February 26th

edited once again because I misread serebii's 12:00 timestamp as midnight when it really means noon omg I am slipping up today.

Last edited:
It's the same sort of straw-grasping that people trying to find hints of Sinnoh remakes have been doing for years now. I don't know why people think we'd get them before Gen VIII, this late into Gen VII's lifespan, especially when we've already gotten a set of remakes in LGPE.
Yeah. These games will be Gen 8. There's no question.

So, it's plausible that if we get a direct on the 13th or 14th like some people are guessing, the direct would be announced anywhere between 12 hours from now and like 3 am GMT on the 14th. But don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
There's a ton of new stuff they could announce on Pokemon Day, and then cover it in more detail over 5 days for the Q and A.
I think everything points to a General Nintendo Direct on the 13th, so maybe they'll have a quick tease of Pokemon, and then baton pass to a Pokemon Direct on the 27th
At the moment, here's everything I think that could be possibly announced in a Pokemon direct on the 27th.

New Mewtwo form reveal this ties into the movie, is a new gimmick for gen 8, matches potential new merch, gives extra incentive to catch it in Lets Go, etc. A new form makes too much sense, everything surrounding Mewtwo so far this year has been pretty much a repeat of 2013 with Mega Mewtwo Y's reveal, I think Gamefreak will do it again)
Pokemon Bank reveal for Switch and Mobile I recall there were talks about a mobile version of Bank where you can check up on your mons through your phone back when Bank was first announced, I can see them going for it now.
New side title in the Spring, A spinoff, a mobile game, Dlc for Lets Go maybe,
New updates for Pokemon Quest/Pokemon Go Self explanatory
Rerelease of Older titles on Switch, with Bank Compatability This ones iffy since Switch has no Virtual Console, but maybe they'll release them as plain ol Eshop titles, they do it with the NeoGeo and Sega Ages games, so why not. It would probably be Ruby and Sapphire, with Emerald later, but if they really wanna blow minds, they could do Colosseum and XD as well to really round out third gen.
New trailer for Detective Pikachu Its almost time for a new one.
Full Reveal of Gen 8 I think on the 13th Direct, we could get a tease that just has a title reveal. A trailer with Gameplay, starters, cover art, legends, could all be revealed on Pokemon Day itself.

Regardless, I think the floodgates are gonna blow open as soon as Wednesday(or Thursday) but latest Pokemon Day.

But don't hold your breath.

Yeah, and king zell has been wrong a few times before, so let's see if we will actually have the Direct before creating any expectations (if anyone other than me has expectations about Pokémon news on this supposed Direct).

Last edited:
There's a ton of new stuff they could announce on Pokemon Day, and then cover it in more detail over 5 days for the Q and A.
I think everything points to a General Nintendo Direct on the 13th, so maybe they'll have a quick tease of Pokemon, and then baton pass to a Pokemon Direct on the 27th
At the moment, here's everything I think that could be possibly announced in a Pokemon direct on the 27th.

New Mewtwo form reveal this ties into the movie, is a new gimmick for gen 8, matches potential new merch, gives extra incentive to catch it in Lets Go, etc. A new form makes too much sense, everything surrounding Mewtwo so far this year has been pretty much a repeat of 2013 with Mega Mewtwo Y's reveal, I think Gamefreak will do it again)
Pokemon Bank reveal for Switch and Mobile I recall there were talks about a mobile version of Bank where you can check up on your mons through your phone back when Bank was first announced, I can see them going for it now.
New side title in the Spring, A spinoff, a mobile game, Dlc for Lets Go maybe,
New updates for Pokemon Quest/Pokemon Go Self explanatory
Rerelease of Older titles on Switch, with Bank Compatability This ones iffy since Switch has no Virtual Console, but maybe they'll release them as plain ol Eshop titles, they do it with the NeoGeo and Sega Ages games, so why not. It would probably be Ruby and Sapphire, with Emerald later, but if they really wanna blow minds, they could do Colosseum and XD as well to really round out third gen.
New trailer for Detective Pikachu Its almost time for a new one.
Full Reveal of Gen 8 I think on the 13th Direct, we could get a tease that just has a title reveal. A trailer with Gameplay, starters, cover art, legends, could all be revealed on Pokemon Day itself.

Regardless, I think the floodgates are gonna blow open as soon as Wednesday(or Thursday) but latest Pokemon Day.
I’m crossing my fingers for a bank reveal. Especially if it’s compatible with LGPE.

Hey Pyrax,
I'm legitimately unsure if you noticed but one of the unconfirmed starter leaks from April 2018 posted in the Generation 8 discussion thread was confirmed fake a while back. It was the ox pokemon meaning most likely the other ones are fake too. My Gen 8 Starter Fakemon: Fire Starter
I just wanted to let you know so you could potentially update the page. Thanks.

Because theres a QA going on for 5 days, we could see a non traditional reveal like LGPE and not a standard pokemon direct before the treehouse event and just see a company statement, trailer and then press release a few days before with an actual inlook at treehouse.

I think what we should question is that unlike with LGPE, where various people and insiders in the industry knew of the event beforehand got invites and knew ahead of time of what to expect, we are seeing a lot of the top people in the industry and insiders confused as we are. This screams big reveal.

Last edited:
Do you guys think it is possible we will get a Sinnoh + Unova remake in one?

I'm a pretty big proponent of this happening mostly because I want the names to be Black Diamond and Pearl White. Depending on which version you pick, you start off in a different region. However, if my theories hold true, we definitely won't get such a set of games until after whatever Gen 8 has in store for us.

In regards to the Lucky 13 thing and Pokemon Day; I'm really not sure how to feel. I think some patterns might be broken, for sure. I can't imagine how people would feel if there is no mention of gen 8 during Pokemon Day, especially now that we know they are making a pretty big deal out if it. However, as others have mentioned, doing such a long Q&A for a game the got announced two weeks ago (at best) seems fishy. I don't suppose we know whether any one from GameFreak will be there? Could the Q&A be Treehouse asking the developers general questions about game development while playing LGPE? At least some sort of direct this week seems fairly certain. If it's a general direct I hope they at least mention Animal Crossing. I'm dying for any news on anything right now.

Yeah I don't even bother watching his videos- not worth the time and I'd rather not give him the views. The guy has no sources or credible information and lives on clickbait.
Yeah, he also keeps starting drama with other You Tubers. So I'd rather not watch someone who relies on drama to keep the channel up.

If something comes on the 13th, then we will most likely be hearing about it tomorrow afternoon. Like an announcement of something.

Japan is 17 hours ahead of PST where I live, so at midnight on the 13th, it'll be 7am here on the 12th. Midnight for us here is 5pm there for them. Correct me if my math is wrong.

This week is gonna be wild.

So King Zell says the 13th, Pixelpar is hinting at something next week. Unless 13 means 13 days, and Zell did post on Friday leaving us with Thursday the 21st.

So this was posted recently by GameXplain:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJlSq-J3z4o

TL;DR, Derek basically thinks this is all aimed at kids, even Treehouse being there. He specifically states that this all lined up for kids to enjoy Pokemon Day, and may not hold anything fruitful. He even mentions that Treehouse might be there to answer fun questions and trivia for kids regarding Pokemon Let's Go and Pokemon Day in general. He also points out there is lack of any word on if the event will be streamed, hence he believes this has nothing to do with anything new, and nothing related to Generation 8. Only time will tell with this. Let's see what we will get. Just remember, temper expectations a bit. Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom