• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I had misinterpreted that before. I'm expecting a "Pokémon logo and a date for a Pokémon Direct" at least, but I'm expecting a teaser with the game titles at most (those or no announcement until May). But I also think that for a trailer would be better to be shown on a Pokémon Direct, and that a "20-30 seconds clip with landscapes and with the shadows of the legendaries", like NinjutsuSen said, would be too much for a Nintendo Direct. I agree with that.
I don't think they'll announce the version titles. That's best suited for a Pokemon Direct where they can take some time to set up suspense for the reveal. Just the Pokemon logo and a date for a Direct is most likely IMO.

Yeah, I feel like this completely kills it.
Most likely. There's still time left in the day, of course, but if there was major Pokemon news in the Direct then I would think the social media accounts would have been coordinated to reflect that.

Most likely. There's still time left in the day, of course, but if there was major Pokemon news in the Direct then I would think the social media accounts would have been coordinated to reflect that.

I think if there is something, it would be intended as a total surprise!! There were no official indications made ahead of the Smash Bros and Animal Crossing reveals. :) :)

Now that I've looked at the twitter info the fact that they seem to be focusing on Fire Emblem makes me think that Pokémon is unlikely here. Fire emblem should probably not be eclipsed by Pokémon and if Pokémon was announced during the same direct as Fire Emblem it would risk doing just that....So yeah I guess I'm changing my prediction. This doesn't bother me as I want to see more of Fire Emblem as what I have seen so far has not impressed me.

Mind you something still seems off to me, even though I can't quite put my finger on it.

We have has directs announced in directs before. First with smash 4 and second with fire emblem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190212-151736_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190212-151736_Samsung Internet.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 73
We would have also had some sort of trademark filings if they were gearing up to announce something. I still think we may have something coming before the end of February.

An announcement of an announcement that will happen 14 days later? it's a bit too much, don't you think?

it's worth mentioning that every time we've had a pokemon direct that announced new games , it happened within a 1-2 week span of a regular direct. A lot of things are lining up too well. I really think this month is it. Pokemon day being exactly 2 weeks after this upcoming direct might be a coincidence, but given the mewtwo reveal + q&a, I'm very hopeful

Diamond and Pearl development was announced quite early, and they were later delayed. But still, weren't announced as early as these games were, if you think about it.

We were only about months with the seventh generation, and then we already had the announcement of these games. It is totally understandable the community being so apprehensive for news about (also exist the fact that they will be the first traditional Pokémon games for home console, and a new generation). Although I have shared when I think they will be announced, as I said before, I personally don't care much about, because we already know it will be released this year, anyway. The announcement date will not change the release date (I mean, not direclty. It'll be in stores this year by October~December, anyway).

But I believe that after Gold and Silver, these were the most anticipated games by the community. It is impressive how much was discussed about these games, without even knowing the names.

If we take into account that Pokémon became really popular worldwide around 1998 and 1999, and how the information was released in that time, and how the internet was different, I believe we could say that these games were the most anticipated Pokémon games ever so far, even more than Gold and Silver, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom