• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess 14 days is way longer than most announcements for the date of a pokemon direct. If they announce it in this direct, it'd probably be the 16th at the latest.

it's worth mentioning that every time we've had a pokemon direct that announced new games , it happened within a 1-2 week span of a regular direct. A lot of things are lining up too well. I really think this month is it. Pokemon day being exactly 2 weeks after this upcoming direct might be a coincidence, but given the mewtwo reveal + q&a, I'm very hopeful

View attachment 115768View attachment 115769
Although in those cases, the Pokemon Direct came first.

We would have also had some sort of trademark filings if they were gearing up to announce something. I still think we may have something coming before the end of February.
I don't think they will announce them in the nintendo direct but I think gamefreak would have learned their lesson by now
Like how usum wasn't trademarked until it was announced

I think we could see Detective Pikachu for Switch announced, I doubt they'll miss out the movie.

Gen 2 Quest is harder to predict, as we only have the placeholders to guess so we don't even know if it's on development. They could release Meltan and Melmetal only, which would coincide with their anime appearance.

I don't think they will announce them in the nintendo direct but I think gamefreak would have learned their lesson by now
Sun/Moon and LGPE's logos both showed up only a day before announcement so... I don't know that it's something that they can really time.

My post said nothing about the games being announced in the direct. I just stated that I think we could have an announcement of the games before end of month. I remember for SM, the trademark filing, announcement of the pokemon direct, and reveal of the games were almost in sync with one another. Like all occurred in a span of 46-48 hours.

I agree, it was barely a game and was incredibly boring, but given most pokemon spin off games are, it wasn't surprising.

I agree, it was barely a game and was incredibly boring, but given most pokemon spin off games are, it wasn't surprising.
As much as I hate the term, "visual novel" is incredibly apt for describing story-driven adventure games.

I don't know, I liked most spin-offs with the exception of Trozei, Quest and Duel, although the latter two are because they are unavailable in my country and my cell phone can't play them (yes, I'm kinda bitter about that).

Detective Pikachu sounds kinda short, and easy, but maybe I'll try it one boring afternoon.

I still want my mystery dungeon game on home console, those always have a better story telling than the mainline games.

I'd love for a PMD or Ranger game on Switch. Not sure how they'd work out the Ranger mechanics while docked but there must be a way.
Never tried the ranger games, but all my friends really like them so i guess it's most be good.

Sun/Moon and LGPE's logos both showed up only a day before announcement so... I don't know that it's something that they can really time.
That's because let's go's logos were leaked by leakers and not by trademarks. What really happened is that domains leaked a few days after the game was leaked by pixelpar
But I feel like TPCI will hold a tighter leash on leakers and will wait to trademark the games after the games are announced
The domains however, would be out in the wild probably a few days or hours before hand
But I doubt anyone would be able to guess them
If someone does find them, it would probably be the result of putting in names over and over again until they guess the right one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom