• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised they didn't announce or do anything Pokemon related, they don't usually. So I didn't go in looking for it.

I am surprised though that they did not mention anything about Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion 3, since both are pretty hyped titles, especially for Animal Crossing, and they have nothing at all.

I mean, Link's Awakening is cool and all, but I wold have loved to see some info on Animal Crossing, as that is probably one of Nintendo's biggest titles this year (Link's Awakening can now join that, along with Super Mario Maker 2).

Also dang it where's my info on Sheldon's Picks for Splatoon 2?

Wow this was an oddly disappointing direct, as a Switch owner very few of these games look like they might be worth my time. The Links Awakening Remake was the only thing that stood out to me, heck the direct ended ten minuets ago and that game and the Celestial Chain game are the only one's I can even remember. That's not a good sign. I guess I see why the wouldn't want to put Pokémon in this one since it would be way to distracting from all these...not very interesting games.

Oh right Fire Emblem was in this, I'm not feeling this one. I still have yet to beat Awakening so I'll give this one a pass for now. I can't believe their doing the school thing that's just so...ugha (He says as a fan of the sun and moon anime).

As far as Pokémon goes I think this safely clears the way for an announcement. I hope to start seeing hints of movement next week if nothing else. I can wait just fine until Pokémon day, or even longer if needed. But something about all this still seems off to me and I can't put my finger on it, oh well, for now more waiting.

Edit: Oh super Mario maker 2 actually looks good. I got started watching late so I must have missed that one but I just saw it on Youtube.

Last edited:
As expected, nothing for Pokemon, well, some people will be disappointed but it was pretty obvious... at least we already have a Nintendo Direct so the Pokemon one will happen soon.
That's what people thought last year. I remember. The March direct dropped and everyone was like 1 week man or 2 weeks man, and it didn't come until May.

Nothing interesting for me personally, but it's not surprising. Nintendo is probably saving their big guns (Animal Crossing, Metroid, etc.) for E3. It might've been a nice Direct for fans of these less anticipated and more low-profile games.

Wow this was an oddly disappointing direct, as a Switch owner very few of these games look like they might be worth my time. The Links Awakening Remake was the only thing that stood out to me, heck the direct ended ten minuets ago and that game and the Celestial Chain game are the only one's I can even remember. That's not a good sign. I guess I see why the wouldn't want to put Pokémon in this one since it would be way to distracting from all these...not very interesting games.

Oh right Fire Emblem was in this, I'm not feeling this one. I still have yet to beat Awakening so I'll give this one a pass for now. I can't believe their doing the school thing that's just so...ugha (He says as a fan of the sun and moon anime).

As far as Pokémon goes I think this safely clears the way for an announcement. I hope to start seeing hints of movement next week if nothing else. I can wait just fine until Pokémon day, or even longer if needed. But something about all this still seems off to me and I can't put my finger on it, oh well, for now more waiting.

I think that the absence of Pokemon makes perfect sense now due to Link's Awakening!!

Some people know that it is a very special game, but many may not! So, to place it in the final surprise space of the Direct will help many new fans get an amazing first impression!

LMAO, there wasn't just no Pokemon in that direct[...]
You're forgetting the squirtle, ivysaur, and trainer/red amiibos :p.

I'm pretty surprised that anyone was seriously expecting a gen 8 pokemon reveal in this direct
Me too, tbh. There was too much hype about pokemon in a non-pokemon direct that people let themselves down. It really wasn't the direct's fault. I mean a lot of games looked really fun even if they weren't the expected ones.

No luck today afterall, less King Zell meant "unlucky day" as he didn't specify which kinda luck.

Doesn't matter. The longer the wait the more rewarding I'm hoping Game Freak makes Gen 8. Let them take their time I say, even delay if need be. Make the most of the time allotted to make the Switch Poke RPG as fine tuned and robust as possible.

I thought it was a decent direct in that it showed what games are coming to the Switch for the earlier months of this year. There was some good 3rd party support - which is definitely good for the longevity of the Switch.

I never expected anything Pokemon, but I would have liked to have gotten a little something (I really want the titles so we don't have to wonder anymore). Ah well, back to browsing 4chan for 'rumours'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom