• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Within a month and a half LGPE had entered into the top 5 of best selling games on the Switch, already having outsold Splatoon 2. I'd also like to remind you that most Pokémon remakes don't reach 13 million lifetime sales, while LGPE has sold 10 million copies before the end of 2018. All of this on a console that is owned by a condsiderably smaller amount of people than the previous handheld consoles the main series games released on. I think your view might be a little too negative.
My view is actually more realistic than negative, Game Freak can't get away with just using the same old stuff forever and expect it to work every single time, with the prime example being Kanto Pokemon getting most, if not, all the attention. That's a telltale sign that a company has trouble keeping sales up with new stuff instead.

People are claiming that masuda could be hinting at a Pokémon direct with his tweet like he did with let's go when he used the lucky eggs to show what date let's go will be released

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1096222887810293761

The "226" could refer to the 26th of February

What do you guys think ?

I think it’s possible enough that we shouldn’t rule it out, but there’s no evidence to back it up. Corocoro hasn’t promised us big news next month, the USUM and LGPE reveal videos are still up, and there aren’t any mystery figures due for reveal that aren’t probably Armored Mewtwo

People are claiming that masuda could be hinting at a Pokémon direct with his tweet like he did with let's go when he used the lucky eggs to show what date let's go will be released

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1096222887810293761

The "226" could refer to the 26th of February

What do you guys think ?

google translate:
"Good morning, everyone! It's cold today too, so I want to eat something warm lol!"

POKEMON HOT AND COLD
just kidding.

Pokemon Hot Mess & Cold Turkey Versions : D

Seriously, I know its a joke and all but surely the titles will be more clever than Hot/Cold or Plus/Minus

Also: Why is Pikachu speaking Spanish. Hint Much.

Hint to Deadpool-Pikachu's humor perhaps. Its no different than Bart Simpson's "¡Ay, caramba!" You guys are this thirsty for news? It'll come when it comes, and I'm not surprised @armored Mewtwo "possibly" finally being a thing in the games. Could easily see that as dlc. Hopefully with this, Game Freak has gotten every last little bit of Kanto out of their systems.

Masuda also hinted at the Let's Go reveal in a similar way as far as I remember

Yes :) It is quite a coincidence to have that number there; it is also the same date as the Pokemon Direct that revealed Sun & Moon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOvwcxtMaNk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx3ifR57Hzw

Apparently the movie figurine may just be armored mewtwo. Anyway, Paul is still confident we could get something on Pokemon Day.

Damnit Paul. XD I thought for sure you weren't gonna throw 100% in on a hunch.

Armored Mewtwo as a big Pokemon Day mystery reveal is... a dumb reveal, to be honest. It's hugely predictable, if that's what it really winds up being. Not that it's not cool to get merchandise for it, but as far as surprises go- they gotta stop treating it like a surprise. CoroCoro was just as bad with treating ancient information like we don't already know it- zomigawd what's the connection between Mew and Mewtwo?! I don't know, who could possibly guess.

I want to say that armored Mewtwo appearing in the anime shouldn't be a possibility either, because it would be kind of bizarre for that to happen twice in the same continuity, but we are seeing this trend of them acting like we all forgot what already happened so... well, I want to stay optimistic that Pokemon Day isn't going to make me create a permanent handprint on my face from intense facepalming.

We do still have quite a lot of buzz lined up for Pokemon Day at the moment between the figurines and the Treehouse event, so probably safe to stay moderately hyped. Maybe ready some fluffy gloves in case, though.

But it is kiiind of interesting that Lillie seems to be hanging around into the summer- maybe she's gonna travel with Ash to the next region? Would be the first time since Misty that we had a companion stick around for two regions.

Damnit Paul. XD I thought for sure you weren't gonna throw 100% in on a hunch.

Armored Mewtwo as a big Pokemon Day mystery reveal is... a dumb reveal, to be honest. It's hugely predictable, if that's what it really winds up being. Not that it's not cool to get merchandise for it, but as far as surprises go- they gotta stop treating it like a surprise. CoroCoro was just as bad with treating ancient information like we don't already know it- zomigawd what's the connection between Mew and Mewtwo?! I don't know, who could possibly guess.

I want to say that armored Mewtwo appearing in the anime shouldn't be a possibility either, because it would be kind of bizarre for that to happen twice in the same continuity, but we are seeing this trend of them acting like we all forgot what already happened so... well, I want to stay optimistic that Pokemon Day isn't going to make me create a permanent handprint on my face from intense facepalming.

We do still have quite a lot of buzz lined up for Pokemon Day at the moment between the figurines and the Treehouse event, so probably safe to stay moderately hyped. Maybe ready some fluffy gloves in case, though.

But it is kiiind of interesting that Lillie seems to be hanging around into the summer- maybe she's gonna travel with Ash to the next region? Would be the first time since Misty that we had a companion stick around for two regions.
I don't think that any of the SM companions will stick around into Gen 8.

I don't think that any of the SM companions will stick around into Gen 8.
I think Lillie sticking around could be a possibility... she seems to be a relatively popular character and it's not like she doesn't take off on her own adventure at the end of Sun and Moon- granted, to Kanto, but with how the anime deviates from everything, the idea of her going off with Ash instead wouldn't be a stretch.

Why is Lillie being around in the summer significant? SM will still air then.

I'm just glad that Mewtwo doesn't seem to be getting a new form (for its own sake), but that just makes Paul's logic about Pokemon Day more questionable. It could very well happen, but there is no reason to act so sure about it.

Armored Mewtwo showing up in the anime would be dumb. Let Mewtwo defeat Giovanni or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom