• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So rewatching Paul's video, two out of the three mystery Banpresto plush are Armored Mewtwo and Postman Dragonite? Wonder what the third one is gonna be, then. There's nothing really special about the movie Mew, so I guess Pikachutwo could be the more likely candidate- unless there's an actual new pokemon to be revealed in it.

Edit: Oh I should've checked tweets- this sounds like it may be Pikachutwo

View: https://twitter.com/Paulrobertryan/status/1096184437975498757

Last edited:
For anyone who may be losing hope, just remember that there is another figure reveal scheduled for March that is said to be a "new Pokemon". If we can actually believe this and its not somehow another meltan or something, I think we are looking at early April at the latest for a reveal.
Would be weird, since I'm pretty sure that Takara Tomy already revealed Meltan merchandise, so still hiding it away as a "new pokemon" seems off.

Off topic but, What do you guys think the new battle gimmick of Gen 8 could likely be?

In previous years where Pokemon Day had a pokemon game reveal, did Corocoro hint at that ?
I think closest we got was the reveal of Magearna shortly before the announcement of Sun and Moon.

Which is kind of interesting to consider at this point, because if the games really do get announced on Pokemon Day, then we may be getting an announcement before we see any new pokemon, like what happened with Gen 6... which actually could be somewhat of a good sign for this generation? Because Gen 6 featured the jump to 3D graphics, so if they're keeping things secretive similar to that, it could indicate another drastic jump in game design for Gen 8.

For anyone who may be losing hope, just remember that there is another figure reveal scheduled for March that is said to be a "new Pokemon". If we can actually believe this and its not somehow another meltan or something, I think we are looking at early April at the latest for a reveal.
I'm starting to dread April Fool's Day, to be honest. I wouldn't put it past them to troll us by announcing everything on the one day everything is taken with a truckload of salt.

I'm starting to dread April Fool's Day, to be honest. I wouldn't put it past them to troll us by announcing everything on the one day everything is taken with a truckload of salt.
XD I still feel like we won't be waiting past March but if they do announce anything on April Fool's Day- let it be a legit pokemon that just looks like a joke.

Hmmm... WOW! he seems very confident that we are going to have something on the 27th... and remember that he leaked correct stuff before so, who knows?

Hoo boy, someone else that's going all in.

Not a total loss, though, they could just make a new account. XD

Of course, many people are confident about Pokémon Day (like Paul and Joe), and we may have something, but I don't think Vegetable Perap being confident means anything.

He was wrong about his other "leak" earlier this year.

Seems a "hit and miss" to me, I'm don't think he's a reliable source.

Last edited:
My guess was always pokemon day (i mean since they said new title coming in 2019) and i'm gonna stick with that.
and things are starting to get shaky so i think there's a good chance we getting something.

Off topic but, What do you guys think the new battle gimmick of Gen 8 could likely be?

There are so many possibilities...they can use something old (such as abilities or battle items), or create something totally new. Or don't even implement any big gimmick this generation.

Last edited:
Of course, many people are confident about Pokémon Day (like Paul and Joe), and we may have something, but I don't think Vegetable Perap being confident means anything.

He was wrong about his other "leak" earlier this year.

Seems a "hit and miss" to me, I'm don't think he's a reliable source.

Eh... I think there's a difference between then and now. Namely this-

View: https://twitter.com/VegetableCookin/status/1081824484930142208

He was passing along information gained from a new source, not someone he trusted.

Considering the absurd confidence that he is expressing now, I assume whatever information sparked it came from a trusted source this time around.

some tiny account on twitter named off a lot of the directs contents in advance of the direct (like. . it's pretty spot on) and is saying that while he doesn't have a concrete date for the gen 8 announcement, to expect it soon. He also says that "expect it soon" isn't just a guess on his part

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom