• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am going to call 200% bullshit on this one-

DzjP6osWkAE9nf5.jpg:large

At least there's a death day for this rumor-

View: https://twitter.com/PokemonKandQ/status/1096852707732848640

Looks like they've deleted tweets, too, which is curious behavior in itself. Not like "more believable" curious, more like "buried my false claims" curious. So there's also that.

Also man, bold move for a leaker to go right up to the Pokemon twitter and thank them for their leaks. 8D

View: https://twitter.com/PokemonKandQ/status/1096854344052416512

Last edited:

No, he isn't.

23 and 24 are on a Saturday and a Sunday, meaning we don't get any info on those dates because its a weekend and we have never gotten any Direct in a weekend and if my memory serves me correct, we also haven't gotten a Direct on Friday, so that leaves only Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday left for the reveal, with Tuesday being the least likely.

Yes, the special titles have always been relatively abstract/open-ended. They have already chosen so many good ones over the years!

It might be silly to suggest, but it feels possible that the titles will be rather grand, to be with Oddysey and Breath of the Wild: sort of as part of presenting Switch as a console where the classic series receive tremendous new games!

More generally, I think if the titles actually leaked we would be able to recognize them by how natural they are to say out loud. :) There haven't been any like that yet!

Gen 8 may (but may not) also begin a new "trilogy":
When considering Red/Green/Blue/Yellow as outside of either trilogy, the first trilogy games have titles featuring rare and astonishing substances, and the second trilogy features concepts that are uniquely complementary/opposite.

Looks like they've deleted tweets, too, which is curious behavior in itself. Not like "more believable" curious, more like "buried my false claims" curious. So there's also that.
I'm loving how they say "I've been telling people facts about this game since January!", but their only tweets in January that aren't yelling at people for speculating/making fakemon is just "follow for more facts!"

Also, we do have confirmation of them being wrong, with this conversation:

View: https://twitter.com/PokemonKandQ/status/1096120578375905286

Which also directly contradicts their statement that "I've said the games would be revealed Feb 20-24 since January".

Well, at least it was an easy fake to debunk!

EDIT: LMAO, also, they're claiming that January was two months ago.

Well...

I don't even know if the games will be revealed in the week of Pokemon Day, because i haven't heard anything about the SUMO and USUM reveal trailers have become private on Youtube, which is usually the case a few weeks before a reveal if i recall correctly.

Well, at that point, I don't know if it meant anything, because we were still a little long way from Pokémon Day when it happened, but the video game playlist has been updated recently (as I said pages ago), even though they have not uploaded any new videos that day.

That could mean that: they've added an unlisted video to it (I'm not sure if in this case the playlist would appear to be "updated" for us, though) or just have added some old video on to it for some reason or have changed something on it.

It was updated yesterday as well, but this time, we know that a video was added, the Duel update video.

Well, at that point, I don't know if it meant anything, because we were still a little long way from Pokémon Day when it happened, but the video game playlist has been updated recently (as I said pages ago), even though they have not uploaded any new videos that day.

That could mean that: they've added an unlisted video to it (I'm not sure if in this case the playlist would appear to be "updated" for us, though) or just have added some old video on to it for some reason or have changed something on it.

It was updated yesterday as well, but this time, we know that a video was added, the Duel update video.

Ah... then i missed that. Cannot have them all.

But its possible it doesn't mean anything right now, because its a different console at all. But when SUMO was revealed, XY reveal trailer was made private.

I hope we'll at least get a teaser or something or we may have to wait until March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom