• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of primal typing and Pokémon ability yes

In terms of actual origin and mythology, definitely not.

Honestly the best example of the sun is Volcarona in terms of Pokémon lore and real mythology.
I mean solgaleo didn't really do anything with the sun. Necorozoma did more with sun light and moonlight then solgaleo and lunala did. Like they are beasts that are messangers of the sun and moon but how? In what way did they do that? They jist took us through ultra space thats all.

The only time it felt that they were connected to light is when necrozama steals them and light disappears. Still confuses me though that the ultra recon squad had no light in their world but had a solgaleo or lunala to travel with.

I mean solgaleo didn't really do anything with the sun. Necorozoma did more with sun light and moonlight then solgaleo and lunala did. Like they are beasts that are messangers of the sun and moon but how? In what way did they do that? They jist took us through ultra space thats all.

The only time it felt that they were connected to light is when necrozama steals them and light disappears. Still confuses me though that the ultra recon squad had no light in their world but had a solgaleo or lunala to travel with.

I’m talking real mythology and lore

Solagalo takes many references from the sun. Groundon takes none.

But yeah ingame Pokémon game lore wise Solagelo doesn’t have any where Groudon does. It’s a weird situation.

I remember pokesirena saying he didn't care enough about let's go to leak stuff but he'll be back when gen 8 train starts.

First of all PokeSirena is a she...
Secondly, she posted that she found out that translating leaks had legality issues and could get her in trouble so she stopped translating them.

First of all PokeSirena is a she...
Secondly, she posted that she found out that translating leaks had legality issues and could get her in trouble so she stopped translating them.

I think when dvor said he, they were referring to the Chinese Riddler, i.e. that PokeSirena had said that the Chinese Riddler didn’t care about LGPE.

But you are right about PokeSirena stopping due to legality issues.

I’m talking real mythology and lore

Solagalo takes many references from the sun. Groundon takes none.

But yeah ingame Pokémon game lore wise Solagelo doesn’t have any where Groudon does. It’s a weird situation.

With Groudon, it's more of the Sun's effect on the land (hence drought, or deserts) than anything spiritually/aesthetically inclined like Solgaleo. One could argue based on literal semantics that Volcarona has more to do with the Sun "lore-wise," but the lore of the legends is also cultural and Sun/Moon mythologies have a wide enough range to fit quite a a lot within them.

It's also perspective, since Groudon's connection deals more with the effect of the Sun's heat on the earth, and Solgaleo more with the celestial body itself.

With Groudon, it's more of the Sun's effect on the land (hence drought, or deserts) than anything spiritually/aesthetically inclined like Solgaleo. One could argue based on literal semantics that Volcarona has more to do with the Sun "lore-wise," but the lore of the legends is also cultural and Sun/Moon mythologies have a wide enough range to fit quite a a lot within them.

It's also perspective, since Groudon's connection deals more with the effect of the Sun's heat on the earth, and Solgaleo more with the celestial body itself.

Perspective is everything for this sort of thing. But this is just one of those cases where the pokemon lore doesnt match the real world mythology of it. They all do focus on different attributes of Sun or Sol differentiating them from each other.

Reactions: El_

Yeah but grouson has actual power over the sun, the ability to make its rays hotter and more powerful. Aside from a move solgaleo never does anything with the sun.

Remembering that Vegetable Perap never leaked anything concrete or exclusive, and that all the information he "gave" (about Let's Go) had already been discussed in the community before or had already been indirectly leaked by leakers before (such as PixelPar's drawings or Emily's statements).

Reminder that he also missed a lot of things (like the statement about the battle system), and that he believed that some of the information of Piuk's rumours could be true.

We can have something on Pokémon Day, but I don't think his confidence means anything.

Last edited:
Well, we can have something on Pokémon Day. But even if it happens, he wasn't the first to think that.

In fact, he only started to say that we would have something on Pokémon Day, 2 days after he missed his previous prediction when he said we would have something on the Nintendo Direct.

This guy has no credibility, at all.

This has been debunked over and over again. There's a new generation coming this year.

People shouting remakes or E3 reveals for 2020 should shut up.

9nohQh4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom